Thread: Ant & Dec sign autobiography deal

Ant & Dec sign autobiography deal

Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly have signed a £2.8 million autobiography deal.

The TV duo entered talks with Penguin Books earlier this year and finalised their plans two weeks ago. They will work on their life story together in the coming months, and the book will be released in time for Christmas 2009.

"We've considered working on a book for quite a while," Ant told the Sunday Mirror. "But next year we will have been working together for 21 years, so we feel the time is right."

Dec added: "We're really looking forward to reminiscing about our past and moments from behind the scenes, however embarrassing they may be."

Penguin's Katy Follain said: "Publishers have been pursuing the duo for years. We are hugely excited. There's a wealth of behind-the-scenes anecdotes waiting to be told."

The pair worked together for the first time when they joined kids' TV show Byker Grove in 1989. They have since gone on to become the highest-paid personalities on British television.

2009 Thats ages away
    Thanks CrazyLea

21 Years they have been working together, bloody hell I can remember them when they were in Byker Grove.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

First time I saw them was when they presented SM:TV Live and CD UK. That must have been ten years ago.

Britain's Got Talent starts again next week, presented by Ant & Dec. The trailers look good.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Wow, Im so gonna but this one, probably the first autobiography I will have read

It will be strange reading an autobiography written by two people. I wonder if they will write half each.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Not one for my bookshelf im 'fraid!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    It will be strange reading an autobiography written by two people. I wonder if they will write half each.
    lol, yeah never thought about that

Thread Information