Thread: O'Brien to make 'gradual return' to Corrie?

O'Brien to make 'gradual return' to Corrie?

Tina O'Brien is reportedly considering returning to Coronation Street just three months after leaving the soap.

The actress bowed out last December, when her character Sarah Platt was seen leaving Weatherfield for a new life in Italy.

She later said she was hoping to be offered a part in a "meaty drama" after her departure.

However, she struggled to find work following her appearance in a Christmas panto with Johnny Briggs and is now open to the possibility of returning to the ITV1 soap.

She told New: "I'd even consider doing Celebrity Big Brother - I really love that show."

Producers are believed to have said she can make a "gradual return" if her career has not improved by the end of the year.

The 24-year-old added: "It's good to spread your wings but I am so glad I wasn't killed off!"

O'Brien has been dating Coronation Street co-star Ryan Thomas since 2004.

From Digital Spy

Can't say I have missed her character at all, got all a bit silly the way they wrote her out of the story line. But only to be expected, I would not be surprised if Liam Connor also returns after a year or so.

Thats the problem with being in a soap for so many years, everybody just sees you as that character and nobody else.
    Thanks CrazyLea

She's hardly given herself a chance of finding any work outside Corrie. What was she expecting to get the lead role in a Hollywood blockbuster.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I'd like her to come back, i like her and Jason as a couple and Corrie is rinning out of happy couples so it would be good to see them last the distance

I think she has had her time on the street and she needs to look further for roles. I don't think it would go down well with David and To be Honest I am sick of the whole fighting between her and David.

briliant, maybe it will suddenly occur to her she cannot act and can only play one part. What does she expect everything to come so quickly, she has done a bit of panto. She should try getting a few prts and work to something big like Michelle Ryan did.

Quote Originally Posted by *funky*monkey* View Post
    I think she has had her time on the street and she needs to look further for roles. I don't think it would go down well with David and To be Honest I am sick of the whole fighting between her and David.
    Yes, I was sick of her and David fighting too. Got really annoying. If she does come back, I hope it's not too soon.

like said above. it hasnt been long, she needs to give it more time.

Thread Information