Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaa

Gaa

I've decided to start a thread devoted to GAA.

We can post results, discuss who will win and chat about our favourite teams!

I support Armagh!

What about everyone else?

P.S
    The GAA doesn't just have Irish teams. There is a team from London and one from NewYork. People living outside Ireland should try and find out a lot more about it. You'll love it!
    Last edited by Princess; 21-05-2005 at 21:21.

Dude! Sa'craic?

We mustn't forget the beautiful Donegal, please tell me you Donegal... God last years Ulster Championship was difficult enough for me what with them head-to-head and all... almost like that infamous father/son showdown in the Vic lol.

How are you for hurley?

Scotland has their own form of GAA sports, don't they? There's another name for the hurling altogether but for the life of me I can't bloody remember.

HILL 16 in June 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stapler
    Dude! Sa'craic?

We mustn't forget the beautiful Donegal, please tell me you Donegal... God last years Ulster Championship was difficult enough for me what with them head-to-head and all... almost like that infamous father/son showdown in the Vic lol.

How are you for hurley?
    I'm not the biggest Donegal fan but they're better than Tyrone.
    I love hurley too but not as much as the football!
    Anyway Armagh doesn't have a decent team

Bad news Stapler, Tyrone won.

I support Antrim in hurley. Kind of have to lol seeing as I don't support my county in anything else.

Life ambition:

-Move to Dublin to shift Belfast accent
    -Settle in Donegal
    -Buy one cow
    -Name one cow 'Hilda'
    -Adopt child who will go on to play for Armagh
    -Write a book

lol, jk

i am a mayo girl myself. Who saw them get beat (badly) in the all ireland final last year against kerry. It was great when they beat tyrone though i was in ireland when it happened the astmosphere was so good. I find irish football is so much better than football over here because the players dont love themselves that much.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    i am a mayo girl myself. Who saw them get beat (badly) in the all ireland final last year against kerry. It was great when they beat tyrone though i was in ireland when it happened the astmosphere was so good. I find irish football is so much better than football over here because the players dont love themselves that much.
    I knoe Gaelic beats soccer hands down. Its good the way the players do it because of love for their county and not for the money.

That's because GAA isn't... well, it is professional but you know what I mean. Soccer's seen as the footballers job whereas Irish football is considered a passtime, sure half the players are p.e teachers and Oisin McConville is a publican - v. Irish hehe.

Have to say I was sad when Kerry won as well because I was rooting for Mayo for 3 reasons, namely:
    I go to Knock every year, they beat Tyrone so they done us Amargh supporters proud, and again the same friend of mine that goes for Tyrone was going for Kerry that time round so... (I see a patern developing, maybe if I claim to hate Armagh they'll regain their much deserved glory)

For those of us that have little idea about GAA, anyone here care to update us on the rules and game play?

Thread Information