Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Spoiler!

Big Spoiler!

A shocking new Footballers' Wives storyline which sees a baby being smothered by a dog is receiving strong opposition from campaigners.

Amber Gates, played by Laila Rouass, is devastated after discovering that her dog, Krishna, has killed her baby son, Pundarik.

An insider told The Sun, "The baby is suffocated. You don't see the actual death but the scenes are still very gruesome. You do see his legs sticking out from under Krishna."

John Bayer, a member of Mediawatch, has called for the storyline to be axed.

He said, "One wonders what goes through the minds of people who make programmes like this. It's an extraordinary storyline.

"It seems to me that showing something like this would contravene the programme code. It's possible it could serve a good purpose by warning parents about leaving babies alone with pets. But Footballers' Wives is pretty sleazy entertainment, so that's doubtful."

A spokeswoman for the show defended the plot, explaining, "Amber's baby does come to a shocking end but it is a natural thing that can happen. We don't mean to upset viewers but we are going ahead with it."

From Digital Spy

This sounds like a horrible storyline. I love FW but this is really tight having a baby being eaten by a dog. Couldnt they have had it die of something less horrific.

not liking the thought of this storyline. think footballers wives have gone a bit too far!!

i agree that is to extreme

Really?! Oh jeez its terrible! My god! I love FW but I think it is going too far!

Sounds horrible. There is also a rumor that there is some sort of "John Bobbit" Storyline

the storylines just get more outrageous every series but the baby one is way too far isnt ambers baby tanyas??? dont htink i will bw watching that one!!

No Amber and Tanya are both pregnant and the last series ended when Tanya found out by that video that it might be franks baby.

Amber and Tanya swap their babies round I've heard.

lol why would they swap babies? thats wierd.

Maybe Tanya gets obsessed with the fact that Amber's baby is What'shisnames' and hers isn't (I can't remember his name) - blonde one? She is crazy remember! Maybe he asks for a paternity test? Just a few ideas and speculation.

Thread Information