Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micky Miller axed

Micky Miller axed

Enders’ Swash buckled by sack

EASTENDERS hunk Joe Swash has been sensationally axed from the soap.

Producers told the Albert Square star, 26, they had run out of storylines for his character Mickey Miller during a bombshell meeting.

His on-screen stepdad, layabout Keith Miller, played by David Spinx, 57, has also been ditched.

A pal of Joe’s revealed last night: “He and David were told their characters had run out of steam by EastEnders boss Diederick Santer.

“Joe was stunned at first. He’s loved playing Mickey and felt the fans still enjoyed watching his antics

“But he soon realised if the stories weren’t there, he didn’t want to be just going through the motions.

“He’s now thinking over his next move carefully.

"He doesn’t want to become just another former soap star.”

Cheeky chappie Joe joined the BBC1 soap in 2003 and was an instant hit.

His sacking will shock fans and is a second blow this year for the popular Londoner – dubbed The Swashbuckler by The Sun and once named our Bizarre ********er of the Year.

Last month he split with lover Emma Sophocleous, the mother of his eight-month-old son Harry.

They had got back together after separating in 2005 and all seemed well after Harry’s birth until Emma quit their new home.

Source: The Sun

i hope its in the right place

Surely it is up the the scriptwriters to make sure that characters don't run out of steam? Why do they always get rid of popular characters? I reckon we could have had a lot of fun with the Millers and Mahoods. Wonder how much longer they are going to remain in Walford.

don;t much care for the millers anymore,did like them when they arrived,they were disfunctional but all looked out for each other,it is not the fault of the actors if the writers neglect their charectors,if the actors charector is linked to the mitchells then everyone works hard to give them new storylines even if the storyline is totally unrealistic,

What about Darren? Is he axed also?

good riddance to bad rubbish! along with Gus these axings have been long overdue! well done to the producer!

Well tbh they have not done much as of later so no loss there. i wish them both all the best tho.

it will be intresting on how they will wright them out.
    i can see them doing some sort of line where keith gets back with his x and move down to be with them and Mickey gets a good job offer and has to move for his new job

OR

Keith and Mickey gose to jail for some sort of benefit fraud

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    What about Darren? Is he axed also?
    His name was not mentioned. He might be staying with Dawn or moves in with Libby.

Good Riddance to bad rubbish now get rid of Chelesa also

The Millers were ruined when Rosie and Demi left. That was like taking Tanya and Abi away from the Brannings and still expecting the family to work as well. I think this are overdue axings and I'm not too bothered about them leaving. Out of the ones leaving I am only bothered about Sean but as he chose to leave there is nothing much that can be done there.

It was only a matter of time before they were axed as they haven't had any decent storylines for months. I'm surprised Keith has lasted as long as he has. I do agree that the script writers have to take some of the responsiblity for lack of decent stories for them, but it's not just about plots. How well a character fits into a show depends on how popular the actor/actress becomes with the viewers. Never mind Joe (Mickey) there's always Scrictly Come Dancing or I'm a Celebrity.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information