Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Beale (Aaron Sidwell)

i got the impression they had all the build-up with the cindy storyline etc and then just didn't know what to do with him once it was over.

Yes, he should have stayed in the hospital much longer and then gone somewhere other than Walford when released.

He served his purpose with the stalker storyline culminating in the shooting and everything he has been involved with since has been pretty meaningless. He doesn't really add anything to Eastenders. Pat will miss him though.

actually, when he was sent to the hospital, I thought that would be the end of him.. sadly it wasn't
    Super Mod

Aaron portrayed Steven really well during the stalker storyline and everything and during his contemplating suicide and being friends with Stacey. Its really bad scriptwriting - first they change Jack from this charismatic charming chap into a psycho when he drove off with Roxy - then they give Steven a bi storyline because they can't think of anything to do with him. Steven and Stacey as a couple is a bit stupid. Can't the scriptwriters just leave them as friends - Sharon and Mark were just friends. I am almost sure Steven's straight or he is supposed to be. I'll be sorry to see him go as Aaron's a superb actor and Steven's a multilayered and interesting charecter. If a storyline cannot be thought of for a charecter then that charecter should be off screen for a bit not just given a ridiculous storyline that ruins the charecter or axed.
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 23-02-2008 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Yes, he should have stayed in the hospital much longer and then gone somewhere other than Walford when released.
    I totally agree, they should have got rid of him them....never brought him back to the square...because it was pretty unlrealistic storyline that after holding Ian hostage, terrorising the Beale Family, and shooting Jane, that he would return to the square. Let alone, Ian forgiving him, and inviting him to move in with them!!!

Soooo pleased that he is going, hope next time they decide to bring a character back, they pick an actor who can really act!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

I think its a shame, he would of been good they put themselves in a awkward position in how to bring him back

I really enjoyed the stalker storyline aand the clinic scenes, the attempted suicide, his reconciliation and his friendship with Stacey - classic. I agree he did wrong but he wasn't well at the time and didn't mean to shoot Jane. I don't think the reconciliation as done too soon or anything at all - its good that he was forgiven because at the end of the day he is still family which is why Ian never turned him in. I think its a bad move to make him confused about his sexuality though. He is blatantly straight. If they can't think f a storyline for Aaron then Steven should be off screen or in a minimal role till they can not just given a stupid storyline or axed (unless of course the actor wanted to leave but I xpect thats only because of bad scriptwriting in this case).
    Last edited by Lizzie Brookes; 27-02-2008 at 20:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes View Post
    I really enjoyed the stalker storyline aand the clinic scenes, the attempted suicide, his reconciliation and his friendship with Stacey - classic. I agree he did wrong but he wasn't well at the time and didn't mean to shoot Jane. I don't think the reconciliation as done too soon or anything at all - its good that he was forgiven because at the end of the day he is still family which is why Ian never turned him in. I think its a bad move to make him confused about his sexuality though. He is blatantly straight. If they can't think f a storyline for Aaron then Steven should be off screen or in a minimal role till they can not just given a stupid storyline or axed (unless of course the actor wanted to leave but I xpect thats only because of bad scriptwriting in this case).
    I am not sure Ian did not turn him in because he is family - I think he did not turn him in because of Lucy begging him not to. He also was extremely stressed out with Jane being shot and could not think rationally. Personally I don't care what sexuality he is, he should have stayed in the clinic a lot longer and surely should still get outpatient treatment. It was more than a mild case of depression he suffered from, in my non medical expert opinion.

Well the "family" issue was the reason Pat gave. Of course remember this is a soap. Ordinarily of course he would have been in the clinic for at least 6 months. In a soap though people speed things up. I agree that Ian could not think rationally with Jane being shot but he wasn't sure that it wasn't accidental and we all know it was. Naturally Lucy did not want her brother to go to prison and Ian loves his daughter and knows she loves her half brother.

i read this in 'all about soap' magazine steven and chris how old is chris?

Thread Information