Thread: Liz Dawn struggled with Corrie death scene

Liz Dawn struggled with Corrie death scene

Former Coronation Street star Liz Dawn has admitted that she found it almost impossible to film Vera Duckworth's death scene.

Last month, viewers saw Liz bow out as Street favourite Vera after 34 years of playing the role. She was forced to retire due to her battle with the chronic lung disease emphysema, which caused breathing difficulties for the actress when she was on set.

Vera was found dead by her husband Jack (Bill Tarmey) when he returned from a visit to the Rovers Return. The couple had been making plans to move to Blackpool.

Asked about the death scene, Liz explained: "It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. My biggest problem was trying not to breathe. If you notice, Jack threw his overcoat over me, which made it easier."

Dawn spoke about her health problems in an interview for Trevor McDonald's Tonight show, which airs on ITV1 at 8pm tomorrow.

"I would have carried on, but I knew I couldn't do it any more and it wasn't fair on the rest of the cast to suddenly be took ill," Liz said.

The actress is now planning to live at her villa in Spain with her real-life husband Don
    Thanks CrazyLea

aww bless her, i thought she did a great job anyway filming the scenes. I hope she has a happy retirement.

Awww bless her, I thought she was good, I mean not breathing is hard

she did well to film that scene as emphysema is an awfull illness that does make it very hard for the person to breathe at all . Vera went peacefully and that was a blessing .

Thread Information