Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Official Top 40!

The xx have scored their first UK number one album with Coexist.

The UK band's second studio album reached the top spot by just over 5,000 copies, beating their debut album's peak of number three.

The Script enter in the runner-up spot with their third LP #3, while its lead track 'Hall of Fame' climbs to number one in the singles chart.

Bob Dylan follows at three with his 35th studio album The Tempest.

Coldplay rise 16 places to number four with Mylo Xyloto following their headline cperformance at the London 2012 Paralympics closing ceremony last week. Emeli Sandé falls one with Our Version of Events to complete the top five.

The Vaccines drop five from last week's top spot to six with Come of Age, followed by Beacon by Two Door Cinema Club at seven.

Joe McElderry scores his third Top 10 album, with Here's What I Believe entering at eight.

Pet Shop Boys' 11th studio album Elysium is a new entry at nine. Mercury Prize nominee iLL Manors by Plan B drops four to ten.

David Guetta's 2.0 edition of Nothing But the Beat is new at 13, while Billy Talent land at 23 with new album Dead Silence.

Alt-J's Mercury Prize-nominated album An Awesome Wave rises 14 places to this week's 24.

ZZ Top enter at 29 with La Futura, followed by David Byrne and St Vincent collaboration Love This Giant at 40.

Watch The xx perform 'Angels' below:

Source: Official Charts Company

The Script have climbed up to this week's number one spot with 'Hall of Fame'.

The will.i.am collaboration provides the band their first UK number one single, while it is the rapper's third chart-topper as a solo artist after 'OMG' with Usher and 'This is Love'.

Amelia Lily had led the pack all week with her debut single 'You Bring Me Joy', but The Script eventually beat her to the summit by just under 9,000 copies.

Ne-Yo drops from last week's top spot to three with 'Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)'. Little Mix hold steady at four with 'Wings', while Pink drops two to five with 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)'.

Flo Rida's latest 'I Cry' climbs five to six, while Taylor Swift climbs one to seven with 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'.

Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen drop two to eight with 'Good Time'. Former chart-topper 'Bom Bom' by Sam and the Womp falls four to nine, followed by a non-mover at ten for Fun.'s 'Some Nights'.

Tulisa just misses out on a Top 10 placing, as new single 'Live It Up' lands at 11.

Gerry & the Pacemakers shoot up to number 12 with former number one 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. The track has been part of a campaign led by Liverpool FC fans following the publication of the official Hillsborough files earlier this week. It currently sits at number one in the iTunes chart.

David Guetta scores yet another hit, as his latest Sia collaboration 'She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)' enters at 14. He also lands at 22 with Ne-Yo and Akon collaboration 'Play Hard'.

Mumford & Sons' new single 'I Will Wait' is a new entry at 17, followed closely behind by The Killers' 'Runaways' at 18.

Otto Knows score a new entry with dance track 'A Million Voices' at 24. Kanye West's 'Clique' featuring Big Sean and Jay-Z is a new entry at 29.

Internet smash 'Gangnam Style' by J-pop act PSY sneaks in at 37, while it continues to rise up the iTunes chart.

Conor Maynard follows with his latest single 'Turn Around' with Ne-Yo entering at 38.

Watch the video for The Script's 'Hall of Fame' below:

The Script have climbed up to this week's number one spot with 'Hall of Fame'.

The will.i.am collaboration provides the band their first UK number one single, while it is the rapper's third chart-topper as a solo artist after 'OMG' with Usher and 'This is Love'.

Amelia Lily had led the pack all week with her debut single 'You Bring Me Joy', but The Script eventually beat her to the summit by just under 9,000 copies.

Ne-Yo drops from last week's top spot to three with 'Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)'. Little Mix hold steady at four with 'Wings', while Pink drops two to five with 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)'.

Flo Rida's latest 'I Cry' climbs five to six, while Taylor Swift climbs one to seven with 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'.

Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen drop two to eight with 'Good Time'. Former chart-topper 'Bom Bom' by Sam and the Womp falls four to nine, followed by a non-mover at ten for Fun.'s 'Some Nights'.

Tulisa just misses out on a Top 10 placing, as new single 'Live It Up' lands at 11.

Gerry & the Pacemakers shoot up to number 12 with former number one 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. The track has been part of a campaign led by Liverpool FC fans following the publication of the official Hillsborough files earlier this week. It currently sits at number one in the iTunes chart.

David Guetta scores yet another hit, as his latest Sia collaboration 'She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)' enters at 14. He also lands at 22 with Ne-Yo and Akon collaboration 'Play Hard'.

Mumford & Sons' new single 'I Will Wait' is a new entry at 17, followed closely behind by The Killers' 'Runaways' at 18.

Otto Knows score a new entry with dance track 'A Million Voices' at 24. Kanye West's 'Clique' featuring Big Sean and Jay-Z is a new entry at 29.

Internet smash 'Gangnam Style' by J-pop act PSY sneaks in at 37, while it continues to rise up the iTunes chart.

Conor Maynard follows with his latest single 'Turn Around' with Ne-Yo entering at 38.

Last edited by Perdita; 16-09-2012 at 19:32.

The Script have stayed on top of the UK singles chart with 'Hall of Fame'.

The band's collaboration with will.i.am held off the challenge from Example, after they climbed to the top spot last week.

Example's latest track 'Say Nothing' lands in the runner-up slot, while internet sensation Psy climbs a massive 34 places to three with 'Gangnam Style'.

The South Korean artist saw a 446% sales increase since last week to finish in third place, just 1,700 copies behind Example.

Ne-Yo drops one place to four with former number one 'Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)', while Pink stays at five with 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)'.

Taylor Swift climbs one spot to six with 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'. Little Mix drop three to seven with 'Wings'.

Amelia Lily drops six to eight with last week's runner-up 'You Bring Me Joy'. Flo Rida falls three to nine with 'I Cry', while Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen drop two to ten with 'Good Time'.

Dappy enters at 12 with his latest track 'Good Intentions'. Conor Maynard's collaboration with Ne-Yo 'Turn Around' climbs 20 places to 18.

Justin Bieber re-enters the Top 40 with 'As Long As You Love Me' at 30, while The Only Way is Essex star Jessica Wright scores a chart placing at 36 with debut single 'Dance All Night'.

The Killers have secured their fourth number one album in the UK with Battle Born.

The band's fourth studio album became the third-fastest seller of 2012 so far, after Lana Del Rey's Born To Die and Emeli Sandé's Our Version of Events, shifting 94,000 copies in the past week.

Pink sold just under 80,000 copies of her latest LP The Truth About Love to enter at number two.

The Script fall one place to three with #3, while last week's chart-toppers The xx fall three to four with Coexist. Emeli Sandé is a non-mover at five.

Michael Jackson's posthumous 25th anniversary edition of Bad enters at six.

Coldplay's long-runner Mylo Xyloto drops three to seven, with Bob Dylan's latest The Tempest falling five to eight.

Carly Rae Jepsen's debut album Kiss is a new entry at nine. Plan B is a non-mover at ten with his iLL Manors soundtrack.

Grizzly Bear score their highest UK chart placing to date with Shields at 17, as do Band of Horses with Mirage Rock at 20.

Mumford & Sons leap 12 places to 21 with Sigh No More, ahead of the release of their second LP Babel on Monday.

Blues band Rival Sons enter at 31 with Head Down, while Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora grabs a new entry at 35 with Aftermath of the Lowdown.

Ben Folds Five scrape in at 40 with their comeback album The Sound of the Life of the Mind.

Nelly Furtado's latest album The Spirit Indestructible fails to make it into the Top 40, having been at number 34 in the midweek chart.

Psy has climbed to the top of the UK singles chart with the viral hit 'Gangnam Style'.

The singer has become the first K-Pop artist to score a UK number one, with its sales increasing by 73% from last week.

He told the Official Charts Company: "Thanks to all the UK fans out there for supporting me and 'Gangnam Style'. Guess what? I am coming!"

The Script drop a place from last week's number one to two with 'Hall of Fame', selling 26,000 copies less than Psy.

Flo Rida leaps up six places to three with his latest track 'I Cry', while Taylor Swift climbs two to four with 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'. Ne-Yo drops one place to complete the top five.

Example drops four to six with 'Say Nothing', with Fun. leaping up seven spots to seven with 'Some Nights'. David Guetta and Sia climb three into the Top 10 to eight with 'She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)'.

Conor Maynard and Ne-Yo climb up nine places to nine with 'Turn Around', while Amelia Lily drops two to ten with 'You Bring Me Joy'.

Mumford & Sons climb four to 12 with 'I Will Wait'. DJ Fresh's latest single 'The Feeling' is a new entry at 13.

Paloma Faith's INXS cover 'Never Tear Us Apart' is a new entry at 16, after it was used for a John Lewis advertisement.

Following cover versions on The X Factor last week, Jason Mraz's 'I Won't Give Up' is a re-entry at 23, while The Fray re-enter at 27 with 'How To Save a Life'.

Muse also re-enter at 28 with their latest single 'Madness'. Taylor Swift's new track 'Begin Again' is a new entry at 30.

Mumford & Sons have topped the UK album chart with Babel.

The folk band's second studio LP has become the fastest-selling album of 2012 so far, shifting 159,000 copies in its first week. They surpass the previous record of 117,000, set by Lana Del Rey.

Green Day settle for second place with their latest album ¡Uno!, which was outsold by over three copies to one.

Pink falls one place to three with The Truth About Love, while last week's chart-toppers The Killers fall three to four with Battle Born.

Britain's Got Talent runners-up Jonathan & Charlotte score a new entry at five with their debut album Together.

Deadmau5 enters at six with new album >album title goes here<, while Lucy Rose scores a debut hit album at 13 with Like I Used To.

Mumford & Sons' first album Sigh No More climbs 11 places to re-enter the Top 10 in tenth position.

Lana Del Rey climbs back up 18 places to 15 with former chart-topper Born To Die.

No Doubt's comeback album Push and Shove enters at 16, followed The Hipsters, the latest LP from Deacon Blue at 19.

The Beach Boys' greatest hits compilation Fifty Big Ones lands at 30, while Steve Harris sneaks in at 39 with British Lion.

Watch the video for 'I Will Wait' by Mumford & Sons below:

Rihanna has scored her sixth number one single in the UK with 'Diamonds'.

The track is her seventh chart topper in the UK if including her tracks as a featured artist.

Psy drops one place from last week's top spot to two with his worldwide smash 'Gangnam Style'.

One Direction land at three with their brand new single 'Live While We're Young', having been number one in the midweek chart.

Adele lands at four with her James Bond theme 'Skyfall', despite its sales only counting for two days since its release on Friday (October 5).

Ellie Goulding scores a top five hit with new single 'Anything Could Happen' at five.

The Script and will.i.am drop four to six with 'Hall of Fame', while Flo Rida also falls four to seven with 'I Cry'.

David Guetta and Sia are a non-mover at eight with 'She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)', while Conor Maynard stays level at nine with 'Turn Around'. Taylor Swift falls six at ten with 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'.

Jason Mraz rises 12 places to 11 with his 2011 hit 'I Won't Give Up', following appearances on The X Factor.

Nicki Minaj secures a new entry at 20 with her latest single 'Va Va Voom', while Taylor Swift scores another entry at 26 with 'Red'.

Kanye West rises eight places to 30 with his Jay-Z and Big Sean collaboration 'Clique'.

The Other Tribe enter at 36 with new track 'Skirts', while Adele's live performance of 'I Can't Make You Love Me' is a new entry at 37.

Muse have secured their fourth UK number one album with The 2nd Law.

It is their fourth consecutive number one LP following Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance.

Mumford & Sons drop one place to two with Babel, while Pink stays at three with The Truth About Love.

The Killers also stay at four with Battle Born, while Emeli Sandé climbs back up two to five with Our Version of Events.

The Overtones enter at six with their second album Higher. Electric Light Orchestra land at ten with All Over the World: The Very Best Of.

DJ Fresh enters at 14 with Nextlevelism, while Van Morrison lands at 15 with Born To Sing: No Plan B.

The John Wilson Orchestra score a new entry at 18 with Rodgers & Hammerstein At the Movies. Lower than Atlantis enter at 25 with Changing Tune.

Beth Orton returns at 26 with new album Sugaring Season, while Flying Lotus enters at 34 with Until the Quiet Comes.

Tori Amos's new collection Gold Dust is new at 36, followed by Papa Roach's The Connection at 37.

Swedish House Mafia have scored their first UK number one single with 'Don't You Worry Child'.

The electronic trio's final track before their indefinite hiatus beat Adele's 'Skyfall' by 43,000 sales to the top spot. The James Bond theme climbed two to claim the runner-up spot, prolonging the wait to crown the first ever Bond chart topper in the UK.

Psy falls one place to three with 'Gangnam Style', with last week's number one 'Diamonds' by Rihanna dropping three to four.

Ellie Goulding is a non-mover at five with 'Anything Could Happen', while One Direction fall three to six with 'Live While We're Young'.

Leona Lewis lands at seven with her new single 'Trouble' with Childish Gambino. Conor Maynard and Ne-Yo climb one with 'Turn Around' at eight.

Flo Rida drops two places to nine with 'I Cry', while former number one 'Hall of Fame' by The Script and will.i.am falls four to ten.

Maroon 5's latest single 'One More Night' enters at 18, while Taylor Swift scores her fourth Top 40 placing from her new album Red with 'I Knew You Were Trouble' at 23.

Disclosure land at 26 with their Sam Smith collaboration 'Latch'. Nicki Minaj's 'Starships' and Skrillex's 'Bangarang' re-enter the chart at 37 and 40 respectively.

Thread Information