Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Top 40!

Rihanna has beaten One Direction to the top of the UK album chart with her sixth studio LP Talk That Talk.

The Bajan star achieved her third number one in the country after shifting over 160,000 copies of her latest opus in its first week.

Rihanna also become the first ever female to score the chart double twice in one year with different releases after Talk That Talk's lead track 'We Found Love' topped the singles chart for a sixth week.

One Direction instead settle for second with their debut album Up All Night, but still post an impressive sales figure of 138,000 copies.

Outgoing chart-topper Michael Bublé slips to three with Christmas, while new entries Greatest Hits by Westlife and 50 Words For Snow by Kate Bush complete the top five.

JLS are pushed from the runner-up spot to six with Jukebox, Coldplay lose three places with Mylo Xyloto at seven and Nickelback score their fifth UK album chart Top 10 with Here And Now at ten.

Fallen Empires by Snow Patrol and Susan Boyle's Someone To Watch Over Me take big hits following the slew of new entries in the best-sellers, slipping eight and six respectively to 11 and 12. Florence + The Machine's sophomore record Ceremonials also falls, landing at 14 from last week's nine.

The biggest loss of the top 20, though, belongs to Drake, who crashes 15 places from last week's five with Take Care. Meanwhile, Cher Lloyd's first album Sticks + Stones enters the lower half of the chart in just its third week of release after falling from 12 to 22.

Elsewhere, The Saturdays make a disappointing debut at 23 with their third studio album On Your Radar, Seal is a new entry at 23 with Soul 2 and James Morrison's The Awakening rises six to 26 in its ninth week.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (-) Rihanna: 'Talk That Talk'
    2. (-) One Direction: 'Up All Night'
    3. (1) Michael Bublé: 'Christmas'
    4. (-) Westlife: 'Greatest Hits'
    5. (-) Kate Bush: '50 Words For Snow'
    6. (2) JLS: 'Jukebox'
    7. (4) Coldplay: 'Mylo Xyloto'
    8. (7) Ed Sheeran: '+'
    9. (8) Adele: '21'
    10. (-) Nickelback: 'Here And Now'

Source: Official Charts Company

The X Factor Finalists 2011 have gone straight in at number one in this week's singles chart.

The cover of Rose Royce's 'Wishing on a Star' also features former X Factor contestants One Direction and JLS. It is the fourth year in a row that the X Factor benefit release has reached the top spot, following on from last year's cover of David Bowie's 'Heroes'.

Olly Murs remains at number two with 'Dance With Me Tonight', while Rihanna slips to three with 'We Found Love', after spending a total of six weeks at the top.

The only other new entry inside the Top 10 is Jessie J's 'Who You Are', which rises to number eight from last week's 37.

Flo Rida drops a single place from three to four with 'Good Feeling'. Avicii also falls from four to five with 'Levels'.

Labrinth falls one place to six with 'Earthquake', while Ed Sheeran stays at seven with 'Lego House'. X Factor judge Kelly Rowland drops three to nine with 'Down for Whatever'.

Outside the Top 10, Jason Derulo goes straight in at 15 with his latest single 'Fight for You', while Emeli Sandé lands at 21 with 'Daddy'.

Rebecca Ferguson's 'Nothing's Real But Love' falls 20 places to 30, while Drake falls two places to 11 with his Rihanna duet 'Take Care'.

Christmas classics 'All I Want For Christmas is You' by Mariah Carey and The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl's 'Fairytale of New York' keep their annual tradition by entering at 27 and 23 respectively.

Beyoncé lands at 28 with her latest release 'Love on Top', while Example reaches 36 with 'Midnight Run'.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (-) The X Factor Finalists 2011 ft. One Direction & JLS: 'Wishing on a Star'
    2. (2) Olly Murs: 'Dance With Me Tonight'
    3. (1) Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris: 'We Found Love'
    4. (3) Flo Rida: 'Good Feeling'
    5. (4) Avicii: 'Levels'
    6. (5) Labrinth ft. Tinie Tempah: 'Earthquake'
    7. (7) Ed Sheeran: 'Lego House'
    8. (37) Jessie J: 'Who You Are'
    9. (6) Kelly Rowland: 'Down for Whatever'
    10. (8) Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera: 'Moves Like Jagger'

Olly Murs as secured his first UK number one album with his second release In Case You Didn't Know.

The 2009 X Factor runner-up narrowly beat Michael Bublé's Christmas - which rose one place to two - by just 5,000 copies.

Rihanna's Talk That Talk slipped two places from last week's number one to three, but still managed to sell over 100,000 units.

Il Divo scored their fifth UK Top 10 album, with Wicked Game landing at number six. Bruno Mars's former number one Doo Wops & Hooligans climbed back up three places to ten, spending its 34th week in the Top 10.

Westlife's Greatest Hits slips five places to nine, while JLS see their Jukebox album fall to 11.

Kate Bush plummets 21 places from last week's number five to 26 with 50 Words for Snow, with Nickelback also dropping from ten to this week's 27 with Here & Now.

Take That enter at 12 with Progress Live, while Joe McElderry goes straight in at 16 with his Classic Christmas.

After 45 weeks inside the top ten, Adele's 21 climbs back up four places to number five, while N-Dubz are only able to secure a new entry at this week's 38 with their Greatest Hits collection.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (-) Olly Murs: 'In Case You Didn't Know'
    2. (3) Michael Bublé: 'Christmas'
    3. (1) Rihanna: 'Talk That Talk'
    4. (2) One Direction: 'Up All Night'
    5. (9) Adele: '21'
    6. (-) Il Divo: 'Wicked Game'
    7. (8) Ed Sheeran: '+'
    8. (7) Coldplay: 'Mylo Xyloto'
    9. (4) Westlife: 'Greatest Hits'
    10. (13) Bruno Mars: 'Doo Wops & Hooligans'

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-12-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    The X Factor Finalists 2011 have gone straight in at number one in this week's singles chart.

The cover of Rose Royce's 'Wishing on a Star' also features former X Factor contestants One Direction and JLS. It is the fourth year in a row that the X Factor benefit release has reached the top spot, following on from last year's cover of David Bowie's 'Heroes'.

Olly Murs remains at number two with 'Dance With Me Tonight', while Rihanna slips to three with 'We Found Love', after spending a total of six weeks at the top.

The only other new entry inside the Top 10 is Jessie J's 'Who You Are', which rises to number eight from last week's 37.

Flo Rida drops a single place from three to four with 'Good Feeling'. Avicii also falls from four to five with 'Levels'.

Labrinth falls one place to six with 'Earthquake', while Ed Sheeran stays at seven with 'Lego House'. X Factor judge Kelly Rowland drops three to nine with 'Down for Whatever'.

Outside the Top 10, Jason Derulo goes straight in at 15 with his latest single 'Fight for You', while Emeli Sandé lands at 21 with 'Daddy'.

Rebecca Ferguson's 'Nothing's Real But Love' falls 20 places to 30, while Drake falls two places to 11 with his Rihanna duet 'Take Care'.

Christmas classics 'All I Want For Christmas is You' by Mariah Carey and The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl's 'Fairytale of New York' keep their annual tradition by entering at 27 and 23 respectively.

Beyoncé lands at 28 with her latest release 'Love on Top', while Example reaches 36 with 'Midnight Run'.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (-) The X Factor Finalists 2011 ft. One Direction & JLS: 'Wishing on a Star'
    2. (2) Olly Murs: 'Dance With Me Tonight'
    3. (1) Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris: 'We Found Love'
    4. (3) Flo Rida: 'Good Feeling'
    5. (4) Avicii: 'Levels'
    6. (5) Labrinth ft. Tinie Tempah: 'Earthquake'
    7. (7) Ed Sheeran: 'Lego House'
    8. (37) Jessie J: 'Who You Are'
    9. (6) Kelly Rowland: 'Down for Whatever'
    10. (8) Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera: 'Moves Like Jagger'

Shocker about x factor. happens every year lol

Olly Murs has climbed to the top of the UK singles chart with 'Dance With Me Tonight''.

The former X Factor contestant leapt over this year's finalists and their charity track 'Wishing On A Star' to collect his third solo number one, having settled for the runner-up spot in the past two weeks.

Lloyd, Andre 3000 and Lil Wayne score today's highest new entry at three with 'Dedication To My Ex (Miss That)', while T-Pain, Wiz Khalifa and Lily Allen's '5 O'Clock' follows at six.

Coldplay zoom five positions to seven with 'Paradise', while Ed Sheeran's 'Lego House' and Labrinth's 'Earthquake' slip into the double digits after falling three and five respectively to ten and 11.

Mariah Carey begins her traditional December ascent with 'All I Want For Christmas', up 15 spots to 12, as a second festive favourite 'Fairytale Of New York' by The Pogues and Kirsty Maccoll also cracks the top 20 after rising eight to 15.

Resting between the Christmas stalwarts are Kelly Rowland's 'Down For Whatever' and Drake's 'Take Care', down four and three respectively to 13 and 14.

The fallers continue further down the chart with 'Moves Like Jagger' by Maroon 5 tripping six to 16, LMFAO's 'Sexy And I Know It' being knocked from 13 to 17 and Jason Derulo's 'Fight For You' losing three positions at 18.

Sway's 'Still Speedin' makes its debut at 19 and Lady GaGa completes the top 20 with 'Marry The Night', which is down four this Sunday.

The Yuletide purchases continue elsewhere in the Top 40, with 'Last Christmas' by Wham! re-entering at 26, Wizzard's 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' landing at 28 and Slade finishing at 33 with 'Merry Xmas Everyone', one position ahead of 'Do They Know It's Christmas' by the original Band Aid.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (2) Olly Murs: 'Dance With Me Tonight'
    2. (1) The X Factor 2011 Finalists ft. One Direction & JLS: 'Wishing On A Star'
    3. (-) Lloyd ft. Andre 3000 & Lil Wayne: 'Dedication To My Ex (Miss That)'
    4. (3) Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris: 'We Found Love'
    5. (4) Flo Rida: 'Good Feeling'
    6. (-) T-Pain ft. Wiz Khalifa & Lily Allen: '5 O'Clock'
    7. (12) Coldplay: 'Paradise'
    8. (5) Avicii: 'Levels'
    9. (8) Jessie J: 'Who You Are'
    10. (7) Ed Sheeran: 'Lego House'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-12-2011)

Amy Winehouse's posthumous release Lioness: Hidden Treasures has landed straight in at number one on the UK album chart.

The LP of previously-unheard recordings shifted over 194,000 copies in just seven days, giving the late singer the biggest weekly sales total of her career.

The figure also makes Hidden Treasures the fourth fastest-selling album of 2011, a title currently held by Lady GaGa's Born This Way with 215,000 copies.

£1 from every sale of the album will go to The Amy Winehouse Foundation for addiction, set up by her family after the 'Back To Black' singer died of alcohol poisoning on July 23 at the age of 27.

"It's such amazing news that Amy's album has gone to number one, and just goes to show what she still means to people," her mother Janis said. "It's especially good for the Foundation and knowing that every sale will go to help a deserving cause makes the news all the more special. I'm so proud of my daughter and so happy that she is still touching people. She's forever in my heart."

Martin Talbot of the OCC added: "For Amy's posthumous album to soar to the top of the Official Albums Chart in what is such a competitive time of year is an impressive achievement and a fitting tribute. It shows just what she meant to British music fans."

Lioness's success is emulated by the rest of this Sunday's top four, all of which have managed to break the 100,000 sales barrier in the past week.

Michael Bublé's Christmas remains at two, but posts a week-on-week increase of over 30% to almost 190,000 copies, X Factor runner-up Rebecca Ferguson shifts over 128,000 editions of her debut album Heaven to reach three and Olly Murs still notches up over 113,000 sales of In Case You Didn't Know, despite slipping from pole position.

As Christmas approaches, former number one albums occupy the rest of the Top 10, with the biggest movements being made by Rihanna's Talk That Talk, down two to five, and One Direction's Up All Night, which crashes five to nine.

Westlife skate out of the bestsellers after two weeks with their Greatest Hits album, down two to 11, as Il Divo also settle for a place in the double digits at 13 with Wicked Game, which is down from last week's six.

Alfie Boe, meanwhile, boosts five up the chart to 15 with Alfie, as Susan Boyle's Someone To Watch Over Me and Take That's Progress Live dip three and six places respectively to 16 and 18.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (-) Amy Winehouse: 'Lioness: Hidden Treasures'
    2. (2) Michael Bublé: 'Christmas'
    3. (-) Rebecca Ferguson: 'Heaven'
    4. (1) Olly Murs: 'In Case You Didn't Know'
    5. (3) Rihanna: 'Talk That Talk'
    6. (5) Adele: '21'
    7. (7) Ed Sheeran: '+'
    8. (8) Coldplay: 'Mylo Xyloto'
    9. (4) One Direction: 'Up All Night'
    10. (10) Bruno Mars: 'Doo Wops & Hooligans'

Delighted for Olly

Michael Buble has returned to the peak of the UK album chart with his Christmas LP.

The Canadian singer's festive opus switched positions with last week's number one Lioness: Hidden Treasures by the late Amy Winehouse after achieving the biggest weekly sales of any album this year, with a total of over 269,000 copies.

Colplay's Mylo Xyloto boosts five places to three following an 113% week-on-week sales increase sparked by their performance on last Sunday's X Factor final.

All of this week's top six, which also comprises of In Case You Didn't Know by Olly Murs, Talk That Talk by Rihanna and Adele's 21, shifted over 100,000 copies in the last seven days.

Elsewhere, X Factor 2010 runner-up Rebecca Ferguson dips four to seven with her debut album Heaven, Westlife sneak back into the Top 10 with their Greatest Hits record, which is up two to nine, and Bruno Mars drops back out of the top-sellers after falling one place to 11.

Also making small shifts in the chart this week are Susan Boyle's Someone To Watch Over Me, Jessie J's Who You Are, Alfie Boe's Alfie LP and Fallen Empires by Snow Patrol. The former two rise one apiece to 15 and 19 respectively, while Boe and Snow Patrol drop the same number to 16 and 20.

Bublé makes a second appearance in the chart with his 2009 album Crazy Love, up ten to 23, while the Bee Gees also rocket up the listings with their Number Ones collection, which is at 24 from last week's 40.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (2) Michael Bublé: 'Christmas'
    2. (1) Amy Winehouse: 'Lioness: Hidden Treasures'
    3. (8) Coldplay: 'Mylo Xyloto'
    4. (4) Olly Murs: 'In Case You Didn't Know'
    5. (5) Rihanna: 'Talk That Talk'
    6. (6) Adele: '21'
    7. (3) Rebecca Fergsuon: 'Heaven'
    8. (7) Ed Sheeran: '+'
    9. (11) Westlife: 'Greatest Hits'
    10. (9) One Direction: 'Up All Night'

X Factor winners Little Mix have landed straight at the top of the UK singles chart with their debut release 'Cannonball'.

The girl band - individually known as Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall - bump the show's 2009 runner-up and Xtra Factor host Olly Murs from pole position following their victory last Sunday (December 11).

Murs instead settles for third with 'Dance With Me Tonight' behind Coldplay's 'Paradise', which hits a new peak after a performance on the X Factor final.

Leona Lewis scores the second-highest new entry of the week at eight with a cover of 'Hurt' by Nine Inch Nails, also performed at the X Factor final, while T-Pain, Wiz Khalifa and Lily Allen complete the Top 10 after falling four with '5 O'Clock'.

With one week to go until Christmas Day, Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' and 'Fairytale Of New York' by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl both rise up the chart. Carey's track is up one to 11 and 'Fairytale' gains another two positions at 13.

Little Mix make a second appearance in the Top 20 on 'Wishing On A Star' by the X Factor finalists, JLS and One Direction, which crashes from last week's runner-up spot to 17 in just its third week of release.

'Mama Do The Hump' by Rizzle Kicks is a new entry at 18, while the original version of 'Cannonball' by Damien Rice re-enters the chart at 19 off the back of Little Mix's win. The song peaked at 32 when it was first released in 2002 and got to nine in September following an X Factor contestant's earlier performance.

Katy Perry concludes the top 20 after climbing five from 25 with 'The One That Got Away', Jessie J plummets 12 to 21 with 'Who You Are' and Kelly Rowland's 'Down For Whatever' settles at 22 from last week's 13.

By contrast, One Direction propel 11 places up the chart with their September debut 'What Makes You Beautiful' at 24, as the Little Mix influence continues with En Vogue's 'Don't Let Go (Love)' re-entering at 27 after the group reprised the song at the X Factor final.

The Top 10 in full:

1. (-) Little Mix: 'Cannonball'
    2. (7) Coldplay: 'Paradise'
    3. (1) Olly Murs: 'Dance With Me Tonight'
    4. (3) Lloyd ft. Andre 3000 & Lil Wayne: 'Dedication To My Ex (Miss That)'
    5. (4) Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris: 'We Found Love'
    6. (5) Flo Rida: 'Good Feeling'
    7. (8) Avicii: 'Levels'
    8. (-) Leona Lewis: 'Hurt'
    9. (10) Ed Sheeran: 'Lego House'
    10. (6) T-Pain ft. Wiz Khalfia & Lily Allen: '5 O'Clock'

They were bound to be number one this week.
    I went and bought my copy of the military wives Whereever you go today, were selling very fast in Stockport. Love Gareth and the ladies to get xmas number one.

Thread Information