Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Official Top 40!

One Direction have landed their second UK number one single with 'Little Things'.

The Ed Sheeran-penned ballad is the second to be lifted from their new LP Take Me Home, which has also entered at number one this week, giving the group a UK chart double.

Bruno Mars enters in second place with Locked Out of Heaven, having led the pack in the midweek chart.

Little Mix score their third top three placing with 'DNA', which lands at three. Labrinth drops two places with former number one 'Beneath Your Beautiful' to four.

Gabrielle Aplin climbs a massive 31 places to five with her Frankie Goes to Hollywood cover 'The Power of Love' following its use on this year's John Lewis Christmas advert.

Robbie Williams slips five to six from last week's top spot with 'Candy', while Psy drops one to seven with 'Gangnam Style'.

The Lumineers climb up seven places to a new peak of eight with 'Ho Hey'. Rihanna drops a place to nine with former number one 'Diamonds'.

McFly's new single from their Memory Lane compilation 'Love Is Easy' lands at ten, making it their 18th Top 10 hit.

Ed Sheeran's latest single 'Give Me Love' lands at 18, while Christina Perri re-enters the chart at 19 with 'A Thousand Years' following a new version being used in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2.

Stooshe's cover of TLC's 'Waterfalls' is new at 21, while The Wanted's 'You Found You' tumbles 17 places to 20. Misha B also drops 14 spots to 23 with 'Do You Think of Me'.

One Direction climb back up 11 places to 26 with 'Live While We're Young' following the release of their new album Take Me Home.

Lana Del Rey enters at 32 with new single 'Ride', while Pink climbs a further seven places to 33 with 'Try'. Example also sneaks in at 37 with 'Close Enemies'.

Source: Official Charts Company

One Direction have landed their first UK number one album with Take Me Home.

The boyband land straight at the top spot with their second LP, following 2011's Up All Night, which peaked at two.

Rod Stewart settles for second place with his festive compilation Merry Christmas, Baby, while The Rolling Stones enter at three with their new collection GRRR!.

André Rieu & Johann Strauss Orchestra slip two places to four with Magic of the Movies. Robbie Williams drops four spots to five with last week's char- topper Take the Crown.

Alfie Boe scores a top ten placing with Storyteller at six. Lana Del Rey's repackaged Paradise version of Born to Die climbs back up a massive 30 places to eight.

Green Day's second of their three-album project ¡Dos! lands at ten, eight places lower than September's ¡Uno!.

Elsewhere, Soundgarden's first new album since 1996 King Animal enters at 21. Christina Aguilera has a new entry at 28 with Lotus.

Deftones enter at 30 with their latest LP Koi No Yokan. The festive Light Up the World from Steps is new at 32.

The Weeknd sneak in at 37 with The Weeknd Trilogy, followed closely behind by Foster & Allen's Ultimate Collection.

Olly Murs has scored his fourth number one single with 'Troublemaker'

The former X Factor runner-up's collaboration with Flo Rida sold 121,000 copies to top this week's chart ahead of Girls Aloud.

It is also the fourth time Flo Rida has topped the UK chart.

Murs said of his achievement: "Wow! My fourth number one single, I am so happy I can't even begin to tell you! Thanks so much to everyone who bought 'Troublemaker', I hope you all like the album too!"

Girls Aloud's comeback single 'Something New' enters at two, scoring their 16th top five hit.

One Direction slip two places from last week's top spot to three with 'Little Things', while Labrinth is a non-mover at four with 'Beneath Your Beautiful'.

Alicia Keys wins her sixth UK top five single, with 'Girl on Fire' landing at five after having performed it on last week's X Factor results show.

Psy climbs back one place to six with 'Gangnam Style', while Gabrielle Aplin's cover of 'The Power of Love' slips two to seven. Robbie Williams drops two spots to eight with 'Candy'.

Bruno Mars slips six places to nine with 'Locked out of Heaven', while Rihanna drops one place with former number one 'Diamonds' to ten.

Christina Perri climbs six places to 13 with 'A Thousand Years', following its use in the latest Twilight movie.

Rudimental's collaboration with John Newman and Alex Clare 'Not Giving In' is new at 14.

AC/DC's 1980 classic 'Back in Black' enters at 27, following the band's back catalogue being made available on iTunes for the first time earlier this week.

The song reaches a new peak after not reaching the Top 40 on its original release. 'Highway To Hell' also creeps in at 40, having also not reached the Top 40 in 1979.

Rihanna scores a new entry at 36 with her David Guetta collaboration 'Right Now', following the release of new album Unapologetic.

DJ Fresh also re-enters the Top 40 with 'Gold Dust' at 38.

Rihanna has landed her fourth UK number one album with her seventh LP Unapologetic.

The album sold just under 100,000 copies to become her third chart-topper in three years, and her fourth number one overall. She equals Madonna, Norah Jones and Eva Cassidy's record of most consecutive number one albums for a female artist.

One Direction drop one place from last week's number one to two with Take Me Home.

Little Mix's debut album DNA is new at three, while Led Zeppelin's live compilation Celebration Day lands at four.

A repackaged edition of Michael Bublé's former number one Christmas enters at five.

Susan Boyle's latest collection Standing Ovation - The Greatest Songs is a new entry at seven.

Example's third album The Evolution of Man lands at 13. AC/DC follow their singles success this week by entering at 14 with Live at River Plate.

Whitney Houston's 'best of' compilation I Will Always Love You lands at 29.

Gabrielle Aplin has claimed her first number one single with 'The Power of Love'.

The singer's Frankie Goes To Hollywood cover climbed five places to reach the top this week, knocking down 'Troublemaker' by Olly Murs to number three.

The track has been used in the latest John Lewis Christmas advert, and is the first such song to reach the top after Ellie Goulding hit number two with 2010's 'Your Song'.

It is also 28 years since the Frankie Goes To Hollywood original was a number one hit.

Bruno Mars stays at number two with 'Locked Out of Heaven', just 1,500 copies behind Aplin.

Labrinth's 'Beneath Your Beautiful' remains at number four once again, while Rihanna slips two to five with 'Diamonds'.

Pink climbs 18 places to eight with 'Try', following her X Factor appearance last week.

Pitbull enters at 16 with 'Don't Stop the Party', while Tulisa's latest single 'Sight of You' is new at 18. Burns sneaks in at 39 with the Otto Knows remix of new track 'Lies'.

A host of Christmas classics continue to rise and re-enter the chart, with The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl climbing 12 places to 15 with 'Fairytale of New York'.

Mariah Carey climbs ten spots to 20 with 'All I Want for Christmas is You', while Wizzard are at 31 with 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday'.

Wham! enter at 34 with 'Last Christmas', followed by Slade's 'Merry Xmas Everybody' at 35 and Band Aid's 'Do They Know It's Christmas' at 37.

Watch the video for Gabrielle Aplin's 'The Power of Love' below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...#ixzz2Ectyal40

Olly Murs has held on to the UK number one album with Right Place Right Time.

The X Factor runner-up holds off the challenge of Michael Bublé, who rises two places to two with a repackaged edition of Christmas.

Murs sold a further 103,000 copies in its second week on sale to keep hold of the number one spot.

One Direction slip one to three with Take Me Home, while Rod Stewart climbs a place to four with Merry Christmas Baby. Neil Diamond is up three to five with his Very Best Of collection.

Elsewhere, Pink climbs 17 places to 11 with The Truth About Love. Jools Holland enters at 21 with The Golden Age of Song.

Britain's Got Talent alumni Only Boys Aloud are new at 32 with The Christmas Edition of their self-titled LP.

Bee Gees compilation Mythology lands at 33, while Tulisa scrapes in at 35 with debut LP The Female Boss.

Watch the video for 'Troublemaker' by Olly Murs below:

James Arthur has claimed his first number one single with his debut release 'Impossible'.

The X Factor winner's cover of the Shontelle track is the fastest-selling single of 2012, shifting over 490,000 copies. It is also the second fastest-selling track by an X Factor winner after Alexandra Burke's 'Hallelujah'.

© PA Images / Anna Gowthorpe/PA Wire

Speaking of his first number one single, he said: "To everyone from home and around Britain who bought the single, thank you very, very much.

"You've made my dreams come true. The fact that it was in aid of Together For Short Lives, which is a great cause and a great charity, I think that really helped.

"My number one award is going to go on my mantelpiece, and I'll probably kiss it for two weeks solid every time I pass it!"

'Impossible' has also outsold 2011 winners Little Mix's debut 'Cannonball' by over two copies to one, after they sold 210,000 in their first week.

will.i.am and Britney Spears land at two with their collaboration 'Scream & Shout'. The track is Spears's 22nd single to reach the UK Top 10.

Bruno Mars falls one place to three with 'Locked Out of Heaven', while Gabrielle Aplin's 'The Power of Love' drops three from last week's summit to four. Olly Murs rounds out the top five, with 'Troublemaker' falling two spots.

Rihanna scores yet another Top 10 hit with 'Stay' at six, while former number one 'Diamonds' is at seven.

Labrinth drops four to eight with 'Beneath Your Beautiful'. Psy is a non-mover at nine with 'Gangnam Style', with One Direction falling four to ten with 'Little Things'.

Taylor Swift climbs two places to 11 with 'I Knew You Were Trouble'. One Direction enter at 12 with their latest single 'Kiss You'.

Shontelle's original version of 'Impossible' re-enters at 22, followings its original peak of nine in 2010.

Daley enters at 24 with his Jessie J collaboration 'Remember Me'. Emeli Sandé grabs another top 40 hit at 35 with 'Clown', while there are re-entries for Ellie Goulding's 'Anything Could Happen' and McFly's 'Loving Is Easy' at 36 and 37.

Watch the video for James Arthur's 'Impossible' below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...#ixzz2FF8iDVin
    Last edited by Perdita; 16-12-2012 at 20:05.

Bruno Mars has won his second number one album in the UK with Unorthodox Jukebox.

The 'Locked Out of Heaven' singer shifted 136,000 copies to score the fastest-selling solo album of 2012 so far.

© BBC

Olly Murs drops one place to two with Right Place Right Time, while Michael Bublé's Christmas stays at three.

Emeli Sandé's best-selling album of 2012 so far Our Version of Events climbs three places to four. Rod Stewart's Merry Christmas Baby is down one to five.

The top four albums each sold over 100,000 copies this week - nearly half a million between them.

One Direction drop three to six with Take Me Home, Rihanna falls one spot to seven with Unapologetic and Neil Diamond is down three to eight with his Very Best Of collection.

Robbie Williams is down one to nine with Take the Crown, while Pink climbs one place to ten with The Truth About Love.

Green Day's third album in their 2012 trilogy ¡Tré! is a new entry at 31, after ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! previously landed at two and ten respectively.

Watch the video for 'Locked Out of Heaven' by Bruno Mars below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...#ixzz2FF9XHV9v

The Justice Collective's charity single 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' has beaten James Arthur to become the 2012 Christmas number one.

The track, released to raise legal funds for families of the victims of the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, outsold the X Factor winner by over 45,000 copies after a tight mid-week battle. The cover of the Hollies hit features artists including Sir Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams, Rebecca Ferguson and the Spice Girls' Mel C.

Liverpool Walton MP Steve Rotheram, who first came up with the idea for the record, said of the news: "We have done in nine weeks what it normally takes nine months or more to achieve - working with a phenomenally dedicated team, all of whom have worked for free and displayed total professionalism throughout."

As a result, Arthur's 'Impossible' drops to number two, with will.i.am and Britney Spears's 'Scream & Shout' also falling a place to three.

Rihanna's 'Stay' climbs to four, while Bruno Mars's 'Locked Out of Heaven' completes the top five of the festive chart.

New entries in the Top 40 come from 23-year-old YouTube phenomenon Alex Day, whose 'Stupid Stupid' debuts at 25. Day previously had a number four hit with 'Forever Yours' in 2011 while remaining unsigned, following it up with 'Lady Godiva', which charted at 15 in April.

X Factor star and market trader One Pound Fish Man - aka Muhammad Shahid Nazir - also sees his debut single 'One Pound Fish' reach number 29. However, fellow novelty track 'The 12 Days of Christmas', by The Eddie Stobart Truckers, falls just outside the Top 40, charting at 47.

Watch the video for The Justice Collective's 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...#ixzz2oh2bj0DD

Emeli Sandé's Our Version of Events has returned to the top of the albums chart.

The Scottish singer's debut LP, which originally reached number one back in February, was recently revealed to be the biggest-selling album in the UK in 2012. It shifted 178,000 copies this week, taking its total UK sales tally to 1.32 million.

Sandé knocked last week's chart-topper, Bruno Mars's Unorthodox Jukebox, down to fourth place, with Olly Murs's Right Place Right Time staying firm at number two.

Michael Bublé's Christmas is also a non-mover at three, while Neil Diamond's The Very Best Of rises three places to five.

Unapologetic by Rihanna also inched up a place to number six, although One Direction's second album Take Me Home dropped to seven.

Despite its festive content, Rod Stewart's seasonal album Merry Christmas Baby also plummeted three places to eight. Non-movers, in the shape of Robbie Williams's Take the Crown and Pink's The Truth About Love, round off the Top 10.

Watch the video for Emeli Sandé's single 'Clown' below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...#ixzz2oh3Ln42e

Thread Information