Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Top 40!

Matt Cardle has secured a third week at the top of the UK singles chart with his debut track 'When We Collide'.

The X Factor champion's tune became the first chart-topper of 2011 - having already won the titles of last year's Christmas number one and the last number one of 2010 - after holding Rihanna and Drake's 'What's My Name' into second place for a third consecutive week.

The only other new face in this week's top five is Katy Perry's 'Firework', which rises from eight to five, while Olly Murs returns to the top ten after temporarily dropping to 12 last week.

The stability at the top of the chart is not replicated between positions 11 to 20, which are populated by a significant plummeter in the shape of Katy B's 'Lights On', down seven after arriving at four last week, and a total of six climbers.

The most notable of these are Mike Posner's 'Cooler Than Me', Jessie J's 'Do It Like A Dude' and The Wanted's 'Lose My Mind', which after settling for spots in the bottom half of the top 40 last week advance seven, three and ten places respectively to 17, 18 and 19.

The top ten in full:

1. (1) Matt Cardle: 'When We Collide'
    2. (2) Rihanna ft. Drake: 'What's My Name?'
    3. (3) Black Eyed Peas: 'The Time (Dirty Bit)'
    4. (5) Ellie Goulding: 'Your Song'
    5. (8) Katy Perry: 'Firework'
    6. (6) Rihanna: 'Only Girl (In The World)
    7. (7) Take That: 'The Flood'
    8. (10) Far East Movement: 'Like A G6'
    9. (9) Willow: 'Whip My Hair'
    10. (12) Olly Murs: 'Thinking Of Me'

Source: Official Charts Company

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (03-01-2011)

Yes come on Matty boy 3 weeks at the top.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Rihanna has notched up the fifth UK number one single of her career with 'What's My Name?'

The Barbadian singer has become the first female artist in history to achieve five number ones in consecutive years, starting with mammoth hit 'Umbrella' in 2007. The only other performer to have achieved this feat is the legendary Elvis Presley, who scored a number one in every year from 1959 to 1963.

Rihanna's success means that Matt Cardle dips to the runner-up spot this week with 'When We Collide', having successfully managed to hold his X Factor duet partner from the top of the chart for the last three weeks.

Katy B and Miss Dynamite yo-yo back from last week's 11 to their original position of four with 'Lights On', while Jessie J celebrates being named as the BBC's Sound Of 2011 by seeing her track 'Do It Like A Dude' rocket into the top ten for the first time, landing at five from 18.

Meanwhile, Rihanna continues her chart dominance as previous number one 'Only Girl (In The World)' and her David Guetta collaboration 'Who's That Chick?' hold steady at the back end of the top ten.

Looking beyond the upper section of the chart, Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' and Take That's 'The Flood' slip out of the top ten after losing four and seven places respectively to finish at 13 and 14.

The depths of the top 20, however, are this week home to three climbers in the form of 'The Flood' by Cheryl Cole, which is up 12 to 18, 'Raise Your Glass' by Pink, which rises from 21 to 19, and Alexis Jordan's 'Happiness', up four places to 20.

The top ten in full:

1. (2) Rihanna ft. Drake: 'What's My Name?'
    2. (1) Matt Cardle: 'When We Collide'
    3. (3) Black Eyed Peas: 'The Time (Dirty Bit)'
    4. (11) Katy B ft. Miss Dynamite: 'Lights On'
    5. (18) Jessie J: 'Do It Like A Dude'
    6. (4) Ellie Goulding: 'Your Song'
    7. (5) Katy Perry: 'Firework'
    8. (8) Far East Movement: 'Like A G6'
    9. (6) Rihanna: 'Only Girl (In The World)'
    10. (13) David Guetta ft. Rihanna: 'Who's That Chick?'

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (10-01-2011)

Bruno Mars has blasted his way to the top of the UK singles chart with new track 'Grenade'.

The Los Angeles-based performer netted the title of fastest-selling January single for 15 years, after shifting close to 150,000 copies of his sophomore solo effort. The last song to achieve bigger figures in the first month of the year was Babylon Zoo's 'Spaceman', which sold 383,000 back in 1996.

Only Help For Haiti charity track 'Everybody Hurts', Matt Cardle's 'When We Collide' and Cheryl Cole's 'Promise This' posted greater first week sales in 2010.

Settling for second place this week is Jessie J's 'Do It Like A Dude', a track which landed at five last week and the week before lingered at 18, while previous number one 'What's My Name' by Rihanna is bumped down to three.

Meanwhile, Adele leaps a massive 20 places to re-enter the top ten at seven with 'Make You Feel My Love'. The emotional ballad, first released in October 2008, has enjoyed a resurgence after being covered by several contestants on last year's X Factor and peaked at four back in October.

The reality show connection continues further down the rankings, as JLS and Tinie Tempah land at ten with 'Eyes Wide Shut', which in its current position becomes the boyband's lowest-charting single to date.

Tempah, who was this week nominated for four Brit Awards, also appears on the other side of the top ten with his Kelly Rowland collaboration 'Invincible', which is up one to 11.

Just behind is a triple bill of former top ten tracks - Rihanna's 'Only Girl (In The World)', Ellie Goulding's 'Your Song' and Katy Perry's 'Firework' - which slip to 12, 13 and 14 from last week's nine, six and seven respectively.

Additionally, Cee Lo Green climbs into the top 20 with 'It's OK', which is up four from last week's 24, while Martin Solveig and Dragonette also climb into the upper half of the chart after 'Hello' soars 11 spots to this week's 18.

The top ten in full:

1. (-) Bruno Mars: 'Grenade'
    2. (5) Jessie J: 'Do It Like A Dude'
    3. (1) Rihanna ft. Drake: 'What's My Name?'
    4. (4) Katy B ft. Ms. Dynamite: 'Lights On'
    5. (2) Matt Cardle: 'When We Collide'
    6. (10) David Guetta ft. Rihanna: 'Who's That Chick?'
    7. (27) Adele: 'Make You Feel My Love'
    8. (3) Black Eyed Peas: 'The Time (Dirty Bit)'
    9. (8) Far East Movement: 'Like A G6'
    10. (-) JLS ft. Tinie Tempah: 'Eyes Wide Shut'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (17-01-2011)

Bruno Mars has topped the UK singles chart for a second week with sophomore song 'Grenade'.

The Hawaii-born songwriter secured himself a rare chart double, after his debut LP Doo-Wops & Hooligans also exploded onto the album chart at pole position.

Mars becomes the first male solo artist to top both rankings since 2007, when Mika's debut album Life In Cartoon Motion joined his mega-selling single 'Grace Kelly' at number one.

This week's runner-up spot belongs to Adele and her comeback single 'Rolling In The Deep', while rap legend P Diddy and his R&B collective Diddy-Dirty Money enter at four with 'Coming Home'.

Following immediately behind are new entries in the shape of Wretch 32's 'Traktor' at five and 'Hold It Against Me', the record-breaking new release from pop icon Britney Spears, at six.

The mass of debuts in the top 10 come to an end with 'Like U Like', a collaboration between I'm A Celebrity star Aggro Santos and Girls Aloud's Kimberly Walsh, which is straight in at eight.

However, just missing out on a single digit entry is Roll Deep guest vocalist Jodie Connor, who lands at 14 with Wiley reunion 'Now Or Never'.

Meanwhile, the peak of the chart is reflected in the depths of the top 20, as Bruno Mars and Adele slip together to 18 and 19 with 'Just The Way You Are' and 'Make You Feel My Love'. Neither can replicate the crash of X Factor champion Matt Cardle, who plummets 15 places to 20 with winner's single 'When We Collide'.

The top ten in full:

1. (1) Bruno Mars: 'Grenade'
    2. (-) Adele: 'Rolling In The Deep'
    3. (2) Jessie J: 'Do It Like A Dude'
    4. (-) Diddy-Dirty Money ft. Skylar Grey: 'Coming Home'
    5. (-) Wretch 32 ft. L: 'Traktor'
    6. (-) Britney Spears: 'Hold It Against Me'
    7. (3) Rihanna ft. Drake: 'What's My Name?'
    8. (-) Aggro Santos ft. Kimberly Walsh: 'Like U Like'
    9. (4) Katy B ft. Ms. Dynamite: 'Lights On'
    10. (10) JLS ft. Tinie Tempah: 'Eyes Wide Shut'

DS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-01-2011)

Bruno Mars has soared to the top of the UK album chart with debut studio LP Doo-Wops & Hooligans.

The 'Billionaire' collaborator dragged Rihanna's Loud from pole position and battled a strong new entry in the shape of Ritual by White Lies to reach number one.

Plan B's The Defamation Of Strickland Banks and a climbing Ellie Goulding round out the top five, while Rumer's Seasons Of My Soul dives down six spots to ten with their arrival.

Also taking a heavy fall are chart veterans Mumford & Sons, whose Sigh No More falls from five to 11 in its 68th week of release.

By comparison, Mayhem by Imelda May, Olly Murs's self-titled album and Good Ol' Fashioned Love by The Overtones all experience a healthy boost, leaping a combined total of 20 places to become this week's 15, 16 and 17 respectively.

The top ten in full:

1. (-) Bruno Mars: 'Doo-Wops & Hooligans'
    2. (1) Rihanna: 'Loud'
    3. (-) White Lies: 'Ritual'
    4. (2) Plan B: 'The Defamation Of Strickland Banks'
    5. (7) Ellie Goulding: 'Lights'
    6. (3) Cee Lo Green: 'The Lady Killer'
    7. (8) Tinie Tempah: 'Disc-Overy'
    8. (6) Adele: '19'
    9. (9) Eliza Doolittle: 'Eliza Doolittle'
    10. (4) Rumer: 'Seasons Of My Soul'

DS

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-01-2011)

Ke$ha has scored her first UK singles chart number one with latest track 'We R Who We R'.

The 22-year-old star, who previously reached a chart high of four with her 2009 debut 'Tik Tok', zoomed to pole position after selling over 90,000 copies of her fifth release as a main artist. The song peaked at 95 in previous weeks based on downloads alone.

Meanwhile, two new entries grace the upper section of the chart this week, Chase & Status's 'Blind Faith' at five and 'Yeah 3x', the twelfth UK top 40 hit from R&B singer Chris Brown, at ten.

Elsewhere, positions 11-20 display risers aplenty, the most notable of which are Tinchy Stryder's 'Let It Rain', which is up 11 places from 25, album chart champion Adele and her 2008 ballad 'Make You Feel My Love', up four to 15, while Taio Cruz and Kylie Minogue's appropriately-titled 'Higher' lifts 20 places to 17.

Just missing out on a spot in the upper half of the chart is Pink, whose 'Perfect' is a new entry at 21, while Aggro Santos and Kimberly Walsh prove to be the lone exception to the largely unchanged top ten, as 'Like U Like' plummets to 22 after debuting at eight last week.

The top ten in full:

1. (-) Ke$ha: 'We R Who We R'
    2. (1) Bruno Mars: 'Grenade'
    3. (2) Adele: 'Rolling In The Deep'
    4. (4) Diddy-Dirty Money ft. Skylar Grey: 'Coming Home'
    5. (-) Chase & Status ft. Liam Bailey: 'Blind Faith'
    6. (3) Jessie J: 'Do It Like A Dude'
    7. (5) Wretch 32 ft. L: 'Traktor'
    8. (6) Britney Spears: 'Hold It Against Me'
    9. (7) Rihanna ft. Drake: 'What's My Name?'
    10. (-) Chris Brown: 'Yeah 3x'

Adele has soared to the top of the UK album chart following record sales of her sophomore album 21.

The star's latest LP became the biggest-selling January release for five years after moving 208,000 copies in just seven days. The last record to better Adele's number was Whatever People Say I Am That’s What I’m Not, the 2006 debut from Sheffield band Arctic Monkeys.

Only one album in 2010 managed to match Adele by breaking the 200,000 sales barrier, the phenomenally successful Progress by Take That, which shifted over half a million copies in its first week.

In addition to her new entry, Adele's 2008 debut album 19 also makes a reappearance at the top of the chart, shooting from eight to four in its 98th week of release. The last act to boast both a number one album and a second LP in the top five at the same time was Irish band The Corrs, who sat in pole position and the runner-up spot on the album chart in April 1999.

Beyond Adele's dominance at the pinnacle of the rankings, Irish vocalist Imelda May and opera star Alfie Boe both peek into the top ten for the first time with their respective albums Mayhem and Bring Him Home. May is at seven from last week's 15, while Boe climbs 11 spots to nine.

By comparison, last week's highest new entry Ritual by White Lies takes a mighty tumble down the chart, crashing from three to 14.

The top ten in full:

1. (-) Adele: '21'
    2. (1) Bruno Mars: 'Doo Wops & Hooligans'
    3. (2) Rihanna: 'Loud'
    4. (8) Adele: '19'
    5. (6) Cee Lo Green: 'The Lady Killer'
    6. (5) Ellie Goulding: 'Lights'
    7. (15) Imelda May: 'Mayhem'
    8. (9) Eliza Doolittle: 'Eliza Doolittle'
    9. (20) Alfie Boe: 'Bring Him Home'
    10. (4) Plan B: 'The Defamation Of Strickland Banks'

Critically-acclaimed newcomer Jessie J has scored her first UK number one with sophomore single 'Price Tag'.

The 22-year-old, who in January was crowned the BBC's Sound Of 2011, rocketed straight to the top of the chart after taking the unconventional move of releasing her latest track to radio and retail on the same day.

The song's success also gives featured artist B.o.B his third UK chart-topper, following last year's 'Nothin' On You' and 'Airplanes'.

The second-highest new entry this week belongs to Enrique Iglesias, who scores his ninth UK top ten hit with Ludacris collaboration 'Tonight (I'm Loving You)' at five.

Jessie J also occupies a second spot in the top ten with her first single 'Do It Like A Dude', which drops one place to seven. The song made a somewhat underwhelming debut at 25 upon its release in November 2010, but has since reached a peak of two and clocked up sales of over 300,000 copies.

Just behind Jessie J are Taio Cruz and Kylie Minogue, who jump to eight from last week's 17 with 'Higher', while Chase & Status round out the top ten after falling five places with 'Blind Faith'.

In the double digits, Pink and Tinchy Stryder both celebrate massive advances up the rankings, as their respective tracks 'F**kin' Perfect' and 'Wonderman' gain ten and 26 spots to become this week's 11 and 14.

Rihanna manages to place three songs in the second quarter of the chart, as her former number one 'What's My Name?' at 15 and David Guetta team-up 'Who's That Chick?' at 16 are joined by her new release 'S&M', which rides the tide of controversy caused by its music video to this week's 20.

The top ten in full:

1. (-) Jessie J ft. B.o.B: 'Price Tag'
    2. (2) Bruno Mars: 'Grenade'
    3. (1) Ke$ha: 'We R Who We R'
    4. (3) Adele: 'Rolling In The Deep'
    5. (-) Enrique Iglesias ft. Ludacris: 'Tonight (I'm Loving You)'
    6. (4) Diddy-Dirty Money ft. Skylar Grey: 'Coming Home'
    7. (6) Jessie J: 'Do It Like A Dude'
    8. (17) Taio Cruz ft. Kylie Minogue: 'Higher'
    9. (10) Chris Brown: 'Yeah 3x'
    10. (5) Chase & Status ft. Liam Bailey: 'Blind Faith'

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (07-02-2011)

Adele has retained her place atop the UK album chart with her second LP 21.

The 'Rolling In The Deep' singer held strong at number one after posting impressive second week sales of over 135,000 copies, while her 2008 debut 19 is also a non-mover at four.

Second place this week goes to Chase & Status and No More Idols, while a posthumous Eva Cassidy collection, released under the title Simply Eva, lands at six.

Meanwhile, Rumer's Seasons Of My Soul continues to zip up and down the chart, this week climbing back into the top ten at nine after falling to 12 last Sunday.

Elsewhere, Plan B's The Defamation Of Strickland Banks, which arrived at number one back in April 2010, begins to plumge down the chart after falling six places to 16. By contrast, Take That's Progress and Katy Perry's Teenage Dream both enjoy minor boosts up the rankings, bumping up two spots to 12 and 17 respectively.

In the outer limits of the top 20, new releases from Skepta and Roberta Flack make themselves at home, with the former's Doin' It Again settling in at 19 and Flack landing right behind with Love Songs.

The top ten in full:

1. (1) Adele: '21'
    2. (-) Chase & Status: 'No More Idols'
    3. (2) Bruno Mars: 'Doo Wops & Hooligans'
    4. (4) Adele: '19'
    5. (3) Rihanna: 'Loud'
    6. (-) Eva Cassidy: 'Simply Eva'
    7. (6) Ellie Goulding: 'Lights'
    8. (7) Imelda May: 'Mayhem'
    9. (12) Rumer: 'Seasons Of My Soul'
    10. (5) Cee Lo Green: 'The Lady Killer'