Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Good luck with the appointment, it may take time but it'll be worth it

I Get depressed sometimes every month, i always gets down in ym mood feeling ugly, fat, the only things that comes my nerves by that is cigarettes. My mother uinderstands me, but my father is a perfect example of men who dont understand.

i agree with you there! my mum understands but my dad doesn;t and completly doesn't know what to do with me! after god knows how many months i've now been given anti depressants, but refuse to take them...i dont want to become dependant on them if that makes sense? i think you should keep smoking in that case chairty...i know i should be saying give up, but if its the only thing that calms you then continue, its gotta be better than driving yourself further into a depressive mood, how often do you get them?? xx

I'm seriously worried. I don't know how to feel better, I haven't felt myself for a while now. Constantly teary eyed and distant. I've only really been thinking about the way I am though for the past few days, mainly because all I keep getting off people, including family is "are you ok? you don't seem very happy"..I seem fine to myself, but thinking about it and thinking about everything.. maybe I'm not? I am so confused, but I really do hate feeling so down and not myself.. I just don't know what to do, I don't want to say "oh it's depression" and make a mountain out of a mole hill.. but there is definately something up. I don't know how to get around it all though...

Kirsty, you have worked so hard the past year and now you are in a new environment and it takes time to adjust. Are you sleeping ok and are you eating properly? Have you got a friend or somebody in the family you can talk to about how you feel? Hope you feel your usual self again soon xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Kirsty :] (13-10-2009)

Kirsty, I think it's good you're investigating it... whether it is or isn't, then at least you're aware of what's happening to yourself. If you don't want to talk to friends or family, do your local youth services offer free counselling? I've used those in the past and they've been very useful...
    Like Perdita said, the change of colleges can shake you up; I know things like that tipped the balance for me... Also, the sleeping and eating thing, that's true... I've found a routine immensely helpful. If you can get it at the start, it saves so much hassle... If you want any more help PM me, I've had (unfortunately) lots of experience with this... x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tori For This Useful Post:

Kirsty, the only advise I can give you is to step away from everything you are doing, even if only for a hour. You need to step back as you will just end up going round and round and if you can't stop it now then it is only going to get worse. Find a friend or a stranger and just let it all out, everything... My niece was going through the same as you just recently and she sat and sobbed in my house one night. You just need someone to listen to you, and get it all out to help you realise where is started and how you can move ahead.
    Hope you feel better soon chicky xxxx
    Super Mod

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Kirsty - it's good that you've realised your not feeling yourself. Maybe if you try booking an appointment to see your doctor? You won't be wasting their time at all and they'll be pleased that you've taken the big step of going to see them. Depression is a serious illness. They'll probably ask you a load of questions, then they may refer you to a counsellor.

Alternatively, confide in a trusted friend or family member. Sometimes it really helps just to offload your thoughts on somebody else who is willing to listen.

May I also recommend keeping a personal diary? Writing down how you feel each day is a wonderful release, I find. I feel refreshed afterwards. Try it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Thanks everyone. I'll take all your advice on board
    As for sleeping.. I keep waking up in the middle of the night or not being able to get to sleep at all until early hours of the morning.

I would go to the doctor.. but I don't feel like my problems are that important, and that I don't have depression... I'm just being a typical teenager?

All of my friends are away at Uni so I have no-one to talk to, the only friend I do have that I'd like to talk to... is one of my main problems, and he hardly speaks to me anymore anyways. I don't talk to my family very much about anything, so they're out of the question too.

Does your college have a counselling service that you could use?

Thread Information