Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

I haven't done the PHQ-9 test but I might try it later and see what it says. I did the Goldberg test, created by some American psychologist.

Thanks. It's something I want to stick at.

I scored 11 on the phq-9 test, giving me a minor-moderate result. Recommended treatment - support from my doctor, anti depressants or therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    I scored 11 on the phq-9 test, giving me a minor-moderate result. Recommended treatment - support from my doctor, anti depressants or therapy.
    Davey.. I just did it now and i scored 16 but I am not what I would call depressed.. I am more stressed than I usually am..
    Super Mod

wow, i've struggled to find a version online, I swear there used to be one on patient UK.

It can, as Siobhan's found manage to diagnose anyone, but I think to complete it in the first place, you may have cause for concern- Maybe a doctor could help; not to throw meds or whatever at you, but then you'd at least have a proper diagnosis.

How can you get hold of the phq-9 test?

I just did the PHQ-9 test and scored 18.
    I found mine here http://muskie.usm.maine.edu/clinical.../DHHS/phq9.pdf

I've not been so bad lately, I don't think.. not until this week anyways, I know it's natural for womens hormones to be all over the place when they're due on/are on. But surely I shouldn't feel THIS bad to the point where I don't want to go out or speak to anyone or do anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    I just did the PHQ-9 test and scored 18.
    I found mine here http://muskie.usm.maine.edu/clinical.../DHHS/phq9.pdf

I've not been so bad lately, I don't think.. not until this week anyways, I know it's natural for womens hormones to be all over the place when they're due on/are on. But surely I shouldn't feel THIS bad to the point where I don't want to go out or speak to anyone or do anything at all.
    If you feel like that you need to see a doctor. I think there's a type of depression which is specifically linked to the menstrual cycle.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Through personal experience, I would advise anyone who feels depressed for a prolonged period of time to speak to their gp.

I'm going to be totally honest and open here and whilst I haven't posted regularly for a long time, what I say might help you understand why to a degree.

Two months ago, my husband and best friend of almost 20 years walked out on me and my four sons. No explanation bar there not being another person involved, that he still loves me and the children, but we just "don't get on".

I have had several visits to my GP and am now on anti depressants and sleeping tablets. My life has literally been torn in two and I have no idea who I am anymore. Its early days on the anti-d's and they aren't miracle workers, and I feel a complete failure for having to go on them in the first place but after losing 2 stone in weight since September (1 and 1/2 of that since he left), and not sleeping for more than 3 hrs a night since he left, I have no real other option.

Depression is an illness, it can be treated through many ways, but speak to your GP and get any and all the help that they can offer you and that you need. Many women become depressed/emotional etc during the time when their period is due etc, but if you have a GP to talk to, they can help.

xxx
    Last edited by Jojo; 02-02-2010 at 11:13.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

alan45 (14-04-2010), Siobhan (02-02-2010)

Hi JoJo, thank you for sharing that with us, that was very brave of you.

Taking anti-depressants is not a sign of failure, rather is it aknowledging there is a problem and doing something about it. That is much better than sticking your head in the sand and ignoring things because problems will not go away.

I really hope things get better for you soon.

xxxxxxx

I think the one linked to menstrual cycle is PMDD- pre menstrual dysphoric disorder. I'd see your doctor, as Abigail said.

There used to be a PHQ-9 on patient.co.uk which was interactive and calculated it for you, but I can no longer find it!

Jojo, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope they kick in soon.

Thread Information