Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

You know I am always ready to listen to you, as will be many others

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (27-11-2010)

Abigail I know you hate taking the medication I've seen friends and family ditch their meds and had relaps. It's hard I know but please don't stop them without speaking to the doctor. This is for you Davey and anyone else who is worried about deprssion. None of you are being a pain in the backside despite what you think. Not all of us have delt with depression in our lives but we care about you and we are here for you.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (29-11-2010)

So, I've been trying to reply to this for about 24 hours now, but every time I want to write something, I struggle. I suspect it's more down to my own issues than a lack of words... Because I want to say it'll get better, and I always hope it does for anyone who's reading this. I originally wrote something longer, but I think it would be something counterproductive for the majority of people to read!

I'm afraid of going into work. I need to go in tomorrow but I'm so nervous about it I don't think I can do it. But if I don't do it, I feel like I'm letting everyone down.. I really don't want too. Basically I wash up in the kitchen at a secondary school. But every time I go, I am never quick enough at the work and the staff who are meant to do other work in the kitchen have to come in and help me. The boss has told me I need to be quicker. I try to be as quick as I can... and last time, I ended up snapping at a member of staff. I just feel like I can't face it. I feel like a very weak person because I can't face it.

I really hope you all feel better soon. Depression can be a terrible thing but it will get better. I don't fully understand your individual situations but please make sure you talk to somebody you love about this because they care about you and they will want to help you with all their heart.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behemoth For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (10-12-2010), Tori (10-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    I'm afraid of going into work. I need to go in tomorrow but I'm so nervous about it I don't think I can do it. But if I don't do it, I feel like I'm letting everyone down.. I really don't want too. Basically I wash up in the kitchen at a secondary school. But every time I go, I am never quick enough at the work and the staff who are meant to do other work in the kitchen have to come in and help me. The boss has told me I need to be quicker. I try to be as quick as I can... and last time, I ended up snapping at a member of staff. I just feel like I can't face it. I feel like a very weak person because I can't face it.
    Have you tried talking to your boss and explaining that there's a limit to how fast you can go? Is your just solely washing up or could you change duties?
    Thanks CrazyLea

I'm still on anti - depressants, just need to remember to take them. I am really not the nicest person to be around when I haven't take them to be honest.

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

Please contact me. I have suffered from depression PTSD related and I can help point you in the right direction for help.

Depression is a very serious illness but because its not as noticeable as a broken arm people tend to ignore it. Unless you have suffered depression yourself its hard to realise how bad it is

Alan's right Tannie. The best people you can get advice from are the people who have been there and came through the other side. I'm on the other side I've not suffered from depression but I've watched my sister suffer a number of breakdowns and bouts or depression. It's heartbreaking when you feel helpless I wish you lot were around 21 years ago.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Tannie View Post
    I'm still on anti - depressants, just need to remember to take them. I am really not the nicest person to be around when I haven't take them to be honest.
    You may have already tried this, but have you got a set time to take them? E.g. for me it's 11am, so when I see that time it reminds me to take them!

Thread Information