Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    I dont really know what to do, Ive veen feeling, low, if thats the right word for quite some time, to be honest I really just dont want to go out anymore, I went to london last weekend which I had been looking forward to for months and it was great although I did have a cold and when I said bye to my mum and got on the train to come back to uni I really had to hold in the tears and then on the train I must have been crying (silently) for over an hour, I guess I just missed her but not only that cos Id been ill I just hoped that I had ruined the weekend, well not ruined but i felt like i let myself down cos Id been looking forward to it so much.
    not only that but pretty much the whole term ive felt down in a sense, I judt dont want to go out anymore, nights out and stuff, I just want to stay in.
    I could go on and on about other thnings but I dont want to bore you, I think I may be struggling to cope this term and I thought it was just stress but now im not so sure
    Maybe im over-reacting
    Last edited by Abbie; 05-03-2011 at 18:39.

Hah, I just came out with it.. pull off the plaster quickly and all.

Abbie - You should go, even if you think your over-reacting its better to put your mind at rest, don't leave it for ages like I did because it may just get worse and it'll be harder to go to the Docs. x
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 05-03-2011 at 21:17.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

Tori (07-03-2011)

@stars: I hope starting citalopram goes well

@abbie: no harm in going, and they may be able to help you! Good luck x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tori For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (07-03-2011)

The doctor said I might feel anxious the first 3/4 days but he didn't say I'd hardly be able to leave the house let alone go to uni. My uni's not too strict on attendance, half the classes don't take registers and those that use them just for statistics, I think aside from practicals, but still I always feel guilty for missing classes and I don't want my lecturers thinking I'm skiving for no reason. I should probably email my tutor (although I don't know him particularly well) and ask him about any allowances I might get, or whether I could have next week off or something. Its probably better for me to be at London home at the moment..idk. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm still taking the pills though, so hopefully it'll get better..double dose from Sunday, yay..
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 09-03-2011 at 20:19.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

If the anxiety continues you should go back and see your GP. It might be that you just don't get on with citalopram.

My tutor was really helpful when I told her. She informed all my other lecturers, helped me out with extenuating circumstances and told me not to worry about missing lectures. Its such a benefit to have them in the picture as I don't feel bad when I don't turn up to lectures or can't do group work because I don't want to talk to anyone. If you don't get along with your tutor you can ask for a different one. I'm lucky that all my lecturers are very approachable and friendly.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thanks. Yeah, I've only been taking them since Sunday so I will give it longer. I will probably email my tutor tomorrow, I wouldn't want to change because I know my lecturers even less lol

How's it going Kasple? Has the anxiety subsided?
    Thanks CrazyLea

I've been meaning to reply to this thread, sorry. Yeah a bit, I went to the Doctor and he said I should give it a bit more time. And he gave me a new prescription to go up to the Easter holidays with 20mg tablets so I don't have to take two each day.

Eta: And I did email my lecturer and he's been fine and not minded that I took a bit of time off uni.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 19-03-2011 at 11:32.

I'm at the doctors in an hour. I have no energy, all I've done for the past week is sleep. I feel so sad and I'm annoyed at myself because I've got deadlines coming up and I'm avoiding work. I just want to get away for a few days but I don't know where to go. Luckily my passport is out of date otherwise I'd be on a plane this afternoon to the cheapest destination.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Hope it went well at the doctor's, Abigail, and I also hope you feel better soon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Abigail (01-04-2011)

Thread Information