Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Neighbours' takes Five News slot

Yay for the repeat on Mondays and Tuesdays it depends on the trains if I'm going to get home on time for neighbours
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

By my calculation there will be three episodes of Neighbours during the day (one on Five, two on Five Life) plus the usual show at 5.30pm and two omnibus editions on a weekend.

Five are certainly getting their moneys' worth out of this deal.
    Thanks CrazyLea

By the way, I didnt want to say that before but I just cant keep it in any longer. Does anyone else find that the advert is a little cringey??

Definately. "We're moving to Five!!!" "Hey, we're moving to Five!!!" "We're moving to Five!!!" Yes, we know you're moving to Five, you've said it twenty times.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by *-Rooney-* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Five has also scheduled a weekly Neighbours omnibus from 12.30pm on Saturdays.
    YEEEEEES! i've been saying for years that Neighbours needed an omniubus! that totally makes up for it being shown at 5:30 again.
    just a guess 5.30 isnt good for you lol
    yep, that transition from student to full-time work really hits your Neighbours viewing!

Five ads will flag up 'Neighbours' move

Five is planning a high-profile ad campaign to tell Neighbours fans it is moving from BBC One.

Press, magazine and bus-side adverts began today ahead of Five's first episode on February 11.

The ads from VCCP (below) show the cast in front of the Ramsay Street signpost but with it modified to say "Same Ramsay St" and "New Home". Another road sign reads "Neighbours, Weekdays 1.45pm & 5.30pm, five".

The agency said it was a "purely navigational task" to alert the soap's "loyal viewers".

Five managing director of content Lisa Opie said: "We have deliberately not altered the content of the show, and have minimised change to transmission times. The campaign is all about reassuring viewers of continuity."

VCCP account director Louisa Fielding added: "The Neighbours campaign portrays familiarity yet with a succinct and clear message – the same show, just on another channel.

"And because it's Neighbours we wanted to have a bit of fun, so the ads are celebratory and playful in tone."

The move comes after Five bought the rights last year in a £300m 10-year deal. The channel has rearranged its schedule to keep the soap at almost the same time.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    bus-side adverts began today
    i saw one!

it was Harold palying the tuba and more kangaroos!

Neighbours on Five
    Sunday 10 February / Monday 11 February
    6:00pm - 7:00pm / 12:45pm - 1:45pm
    Five

Exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Neighbours, ahead of its debut on Five. Featuring interviews with key cast members, footage from the set and classic clips from the archive. The programme also takes an inside look at the casting process as it follows the newest addition to the cast, former Miss Australia Erin McNaught. Plus, the show examines the careers of former Neighbours stars in Britain, and celebrity fans of the soap share their opinions.

Repeat (on Monday), Subtitled

Schedule for Neighbours on Five channels

Five
    1.45pm Weekdays
    5.30pm Weekdays
    5.10am Weekdays
    Saturday (Omnibus)

Five Life
    9.00am Weekdays (Previous Day's episode)
    7.00pm Weekdays (Same episode as shown on Five that day)
    Sunday (Omnibus)

Five Life+1
    10.00am Weekdays
    8.00pm Weekdays
    Sunday (Omnibus)
    Thanks CrazyLea

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (07-02-2008), StarsOfCCTV (08-02-2008)

There are reminders every day next week on the TV guide I'm going to need them
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

They're certainly getting their £300m money's worth out of the deal. Three omnibusses and seven episodes per week.

Home and Away only gets one omnibus!!
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information