Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Dingle

She must be staying around so

SOAP star Dominic Brunt has revealed his character will face a difficult time following the birth of his on-screen girlfriend’s Down’s syndrome baby.

The actor, who plays Emmerdale vet Paddy Kirk, will film the *emotional birth scenes next week after TV bosses found twins to play Rhona Goskirk and Marlon Dingle’s tot.

Paddy romped with his best mate’s ex-lover days before she discovered she was expecting. And with the threesome bringing up a baby we can expect lots of drama.

Dominic, 40, said: “It’s great to be involved in a storyline like this. It will be shown in a positive way.

“The baby will be healthy and there will be no complications. But I can’t say the same for Rhona, Marlon and Paddy.”

Dominic and Mark Charnock, who plays Marlon, host Leeds Zombie Film Festival on April 24 at Cottage Road Cinema, Headingley, in aid of animal charity WSPA.

I'm not a fan of Rhona tbh

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I'm not a fan of Rhona tbh
    No me neither.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Emmerdale star Dominic Brunt has revealed that he is glad to see fresh problems developing between Paddy, Marlon and Rhona as their current baby storyline continues.

Next week, Brunt's character Paddy feels left out in the cold as his girlfriend and best friend welcome the arrival of their new son.

Paddy's feelings of insecurity begin when he misses the child's birth, and things get worse when the new arrival comes home for the first time and Paddy decides to keep his distance amid a string of visitors and well-wishers.

Speaking to All About Soap about Paddy's concerns, Brunt commented: "It's just because he isn't the father. He simply doesn't have a fatherly instinct. It's a tricky situation, but I still think he should snap out of it!"

"I think he's just coming to terms with the fact that it's not just him and Rhona anymore and it never will be again," he continued. "It will be him and Rhona and the baby - and Marlon."

Brunt added that producers have introduced a believable plot twist by exploring how Paddy struggles following Leo's birth.

He said: "I hope Paddy will be able to sort it out. Actually, I think it's played very realistically. It would be awful if he just walked in and said everything was great. It's a lot for him to get used to, but he will manage in the end. Maybe Rhona is going to have to get tough!"

What's the chances of Rhona and Marlon bonding over the new baby and getting back together and Paddy left heartbroken again.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Emmerdale's Dominic Brunt has expressed a desire for his character Paddy to reconcile with former best friend Marlon.

The two, along with Paddy's new wife Rhona, are currently embroiled in a big custody battle over Paddy and Rhona's son, as the newlyweds are preparing to move to New Zealand.

In a video interview on the official ITV Emmerdale site, Brunt said that Marlon's decision to reveal he is taking a court order out against the couple on their wedding night has a big impact on Paddy.

Brunt claimed: "It just crushes Paddy's world. He crumbles. It's the end of the dream for him."

However, the actor then went on to say that he genuinely wishes the pair can get back on track, saying: "I hope in the future Paddy and Marlon can find their way back to being friends again. That'd be really lovely, but they've really gone as far away from each other as they possibly can."

He added: "Underneath it all, they do love each other, and there's been plenty of tiny little moments where in the middle of rows where you can see one of them faltering and saying, 'Do I really want to be here with my best mate?'

"So there's been some really sweet little pointers that kind of suggest maybe they'll be able to get over this. They got over the whole Rhona thing... so if they got over that, hopefully they can get over this."

Emmerdale's Dominic Brunt has expressed a desire for his character Paddy to reconcile with former best friend Marlon.

The two, along with Paddy's new wife Rhona, are currently embroiled in a big custody battle over Paddy and Rhona's son, as the newlyweds are preparing to move to New Zealand.

In a video interview on the official ITV Emmerdale site, Brunt said that Marlon's decision to reveal he is taking a court order out against the couple on their wedding night has a big impact on Paddy.

Brunt claimed: "It just crushes Paddy's world. He crumbles. It's the end of the dream for him."

However, the actor then went on to say that he genuinely wishes the pair can get back on track, saying: "I hope in the future Paddy and Marlon can find their way back to being friends again. That'd be really lovely, but they've really gone as far away from each other as they possibly can."

He added: "Underneath it all, they do love each other, and there's been plenty of tiny little moments where in the middle of rows where you can see one of them faltering and saying, 'Do I really want to be here with my best mate?'

"So there's been some really sweet little pointers that kind of suggest maybe they'll be able to get over this. They got over the whole Rhona thing... so if they got over that, hopefully they can get over this."

Emmerdale star Mark Charnock has praised Marlon Dingle and Paddy Kirk's feud storyline, hailing it as "wonderful" to film.

Marlon's friendship with Paddy is currently under severe strain as he pursues legal measures to ensure that his young son Leo is not taken away from him.

Paddy and new wife Rhona - Leo's mum - have recently decided to move to New Zealand for two years with the youngster, leaving Marlon in turmoil.

Speaking on Daybreak this morning (August 13), Charnock said that the plotline has been one of his best ever.

Charnock commented: "It's been an amazing story. I mean, I've been here for 150 years and it's one of the best I've ever had! It's become really complex and the situation is now taking a legal turn. He's taking his mate to court, and it's a horrible situation."

He continued: "It's been a wonderful story, because at any given moment, with all the characters, you're kind of for them and against them. It's one of those moral quagmires. It's been amazing."

Charnock added that it has been enjoyable to film so many heated scenes with Dominic Brunt, who plays the role of Paddy.

He enthused: "We're really close friends. Usually we do a lot of comedy together, so being able to shout at each other and play something really serious, it's so refreshing. It's added another layer to that relationship that we've been building up for the last 15, 16 years."

Asked whether he has ever considered leaving Emmerdale, the actor replied: "No, because I've had so many good stories. I find it such an enriching experience every day. It's like going to school, really. You go into work and laugh - what more could you ask for?"

Emmerdale continues tonight (August 13) at 7pm on ITV1.

Will Marlon ever find true love again?

Thread Information