Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corrie chiefs 'look for Jack's new flame'

i had to read that jill thing a couple of times before i got it.

I think he needs more a companion rather then a flame.

i can see him and doreen having a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post

I agree, I mean I want Jack to be happy and everything but I just think a flame? No, I dont wnat him to be with anyone like that. I know thats sounds mean, But its Jack! And it was Jack and Vera! And they were together for 50 years!

NO, NO, NO, with Vera not even cold in her grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post

I agree, I mean I want Jack to be happy and everything but I just think a flame? No, I dont wnat him to be with anyone like that. I know thats sounds mean, But its Jack! And it was Jack and Vera! And they were together for 50 years!
    I agree with you Abbie. Often people in Jack's situation may have a "companion" in the sense of partner for social occasions, evenings out, dances etc, but very few go on to remarry. I really can't see Jack being romantically linked with anyone else - Jack and Vera were of the generation who married for life, and would see remarriage/another intimate relationship as infidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post

I agree with you Abbie. Often people in Jack's situation may have a "companion" in the sense of partner for social occasions, evenings out, dances etc, but very few go on to remarry. I really can't see Jack being romantically linked with anyone else - Jack and Vera were of the generation who married for life, and would see remarriage/another intimate relationship as infidelity.
    Exactly, I mean I just couldnt imagine it and if it happened it would ruin Jacks character and Veras memory

I think it is far to soon for the writers to be thinking of a new partner for Bill. With Bill's health not being so great I can see him leaving the street before the end of the year.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post

Exactly, I mean I just couldnt imagine it and if it happened it would ruin Jacks character and Veras memory
    I think it is too soon even for a companion for Jack, I don't think he has realised that Vera is gone yet, anyway and I doubt he is interested in companionship or a romance.

Jack to become 'Coronation Street' Romeo

Jack Duckworth is to have women competing for his affections in Coronation Street.

The character (Bill Tarmey) was heartbroken by the death of wife Vera (Liz Dawn) in January, but will have new love interests beating down his door in the coming months.

An ITV1 insider told The Sun: “Everyone is feeling desperately sorry for Jack but there are brighter skies ahead for him.

“The script writers are planning to introduce a couple of female characters into his life.”

However, although one woman will be at least ten years younger than Jack, she will face competition from Weatherfield veterans Rita Sullivan (Barbara Knox) and Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls).

The source added: “The loss of Vera opens up all manner of strong storylines for Jack. There is a lot of scope for things he never would have dared get away with before.

“Bill will drop regularly in and out of the show and Jack’s turbulent life will allow just for that.”

Show bosses held a meeting last month to decide on a new flame for Jack following the departure of Liz Dawn after 34 years.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I'm sorry for butting in I agree with you I really can not see Jack with a new flame as he did love Vera even if he did play around now and again when they were married in thier early days . its far too soon to think of a new flame . even if she is younger than him I can't see Rita or Audrey with him so why would they be bothered ? .

Thread Information