Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samson Bay - Series 1

Scene 10 - INT - University

Seth Hogan, twenty one, with floppy dark hair, he’s wearing blue jeans and a top that’s designed to look like a Run DMC concert poster. He’s surrounded by his friends who are messing around with each other, passing in the opposite direction is Chloe Roberts, Dr Roberts and Alice Morgan’s youngest daughter. He smiles as she passes dopily, having had a crush on her since they were younger and never seeming to overcome it. She’s wearing black skinny jeans, with a blue top and black waistcoat, her hair has been tied back loosely with a blue headband slotted in. She’s rebellious and loves to party, she sings in an ‘alternative’ band and is studying music as well as psychology.

Friend 1: Seth you coming?

Seth: Oh yeah sure. (Catches his friends up.) Sorry.

Friend 1: You still after that girl?

Seth: (sighs) She doesn’t even notice me.

Friend 1: All in good time, trust me amigo!

Seth: (laughs)

Scene 11 - INT - Estate Agents

Jane Hogan, a single mum to two young adults, sits behind her desk. She’s wearing a navy skirt suit with a white top underneath and white neckerchief - one of her usual accessories. Jane is a warm and friendly woman who enjoys having a laugh but has experienced much pain and anger in her past. Jane sits opposite Harriet and Calvin Wickham.

Harriet is a thirty two year old mother, and with her husband Calvin she wants to finally move out of her parents house but is bracing herself for breaking their hearts. She is mainly worried about how her dad will take it since he seems to ‘dislike’ her husband, Calvin. Calvin just wants his family to be happy so takes whatever Harriet’s dad throw at him like a man, he doesn’t retaliate and doesn’t rise to a challenge, in many ways he is the bigger man. Harriet is wearing jeans with a leather jacket, Calvin is wearing jeans with a baggy, dark green hooded jumper.

Jane: So d’you know what you’re exactly looking for?

Harriet: A two bedroom house for us and our daughter, Emily.

Jane: What kind of price range would be suitable for you?

Calvin: (Glances at Harriet) We were thinking about renting a place, say up to £300 a month?

Jane: Okay, if you want I can check on the system and mail what I find to you?

Calvin: Okay, thank you.

Calvin and Harriet get up, they shake Jane’s hand before leaving.

Scene 12 - EXT - High Street

Harriet and Calvin walk down the high street hand in hand.

Harriet: (Excitedly) Just think we may have our own house soon!

Calvin: I know, exciting isn’t it?

Harriet: Yes. You, Emily and I can be a family in a proper house by ourselves.

Calvin: When are we going to tell your parents?

Harriet: I don’t know, sometime soon.

Two teenagers, Carly Johnson and Frankie Jasper walk past them going in the opposite direction. Carly is Will and Imogen’s daughter, she’s kind and likes to have fun. She has straight, black, shoulder length hair. She’s wearing blue skinny jeans with trainers and a pale pink jacket. Frankie has dark brown hair, she smiles a lot and her brown eyes light up when she laughs. Frankie is wearing a black pair of sailor shorts, textured tights with grey ankle boots and a grey vest top.

Frankie: I really needed this day off

Carly: Yeah me too. But it must be sad for Mr Smith, losing his wife so suddenly like that.

Frankie: Yeah.

Carly: What’s the time?

Frankie: (checks watch) Coming up for three o’ clock

Carly: We’d better get going, I have to pick my brother, Corey, up.

Frankie: Oh yeah, we’ll take the shortcut through the park.

Carly: Yeah.

Scene 13 - INT - 14 Brixton Close; The Smith’s

Ian stands in the middle of his living room, all the mourners have left and she’s staring down at the floor. Jake stands at the door, hesitantly. Ian starts to sob, as the exhaustion takes over him, Jake runs in and hugs his Dad who hugs him back tightly.

Jake: I love you Dad.

Ian: I love you too Jake.

Scene 14 - INT - 45 Brixton Close; The Carter’s

Lucy carries Noah in her arms as she walks up to his and Jamie’s bedroom, Jamie follows up carrying his rucksack of toys. He yawns sleepily after being tired out by his Granny and Granddad. Lucy puts Noah into his cot and then turns to Jamie who appears to be falling asleep whilst standing. Lucy helps him change into pyjamas and puts him to bed, she tucks him up and sits in the chair and the end of the bed, silently listening to their gentle breathing. Her mobile phone vibrates in her pocket and she take it out, she slides the face up and reads the next text message.

‘ Hey, I miss you. When will you see me again? I know you said you want space to think things through, to decide whether you’re really happy with Aidan but please talk to me. X’

Lucy, deletes the message and slides her phone back down before sighing deeply and biting her bottom lip …

Closing credits

Ian Smith - Richard Armitage
    Jake Smith - Ellis Hollins
    Lucy Carter - Lisa Maxwell
    Jamie Carter - Cruz Beckham
    Aidan Carter - Peter O’ Brien
    Alex Roberts- Clare Danes
    Danielle Trelawney - Kelly Clarkson
    Molly Hogan - Lucy Griffiths
    Robert Healey - Sean Connery
    Jill Healey - Gemma Jones
    Noah Carter -
    Will Johnson - Jamie Foxx
    Imogen Johnson - Martina Laird
    Zacharias Johnson - Samuel L. Jackson
    Fareeha Chieu - Sandra Oh
    Saffron Chieu - Sun Li
    Seth Hogan - Alex Turner
    Chloe Roberts - Hilary Duff
    Jane Hogan - Sarah Parish
    Harriet Wickham - Kate Winslet
    Calvin Wickham - Joseph Fiennes
    Carly Johnson - Zaraah Abrahams
    Frankie Jasper - Michelle Keegan

So there you have it, the pilot episode.

Please leave a message and tell me what you think, in the case of confusion it took place throughout a day kind of . If you want then in the next episode, if there is a next, then I'll right down the time too.

Again, please leave a message, and tell me if the pilot was good enough for the rest.

Wow well done, a lot of effort has gone into this

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lindy For This Useful Post:

superstarbex (29-01-2008)

Well done, I really like it, and liked how we are introduced to everyone. Im already loving Ian and Jake, its just sooo sad and think that Freeha (sp?) well looks like she has OCD, should be interesting

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

Really good stuff i am loving all the new soaps that are on soapboards.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bakedbean For This Useful Post:

Thread Information