Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samson Bay - Series 1

Samson Bay - Series 1

Samson Bay

[Pilot Episode]

By superstarbex

(I was going to include all the camera shots and everything but thought it would all get confusing after a while - especially for people who wouldn’t have a clue what I was talking about, Lol)

Opening credits, various camera shots of significant places, I.e. the beach, the high street on market day, Elton Road, Brixton Close, Colton Avenue, ‘The Grapevine’, ‘Liquidized’, Doctor’s Surgery, Secondary School. Then a shot of each character, finishes with a look at the beach, cliff and town above before a shot of a road sign ‘Welcome to Samson Bay’

Scene 1 - INT - 14 Brixton Close; The Smith’s

Silent bedroom, dark inside. Junk clutters the floor, a messy bed with someone laying under the covers. Ian Smith is under the covers, laying on his left side. Ian is a tall male with floppy dark hair , although covered by the duvet he is dressed in simple green pyjamas. Ian’s eyes are open and he looks blank. The silence is pierced by a beeping that stays constant.

Ian moves his arm from under the duvet and turns the alarm clock off, it reads 9:30 am. He rolls on to his back and stares at the ceiling.

Scene 2 - INT - 45 Brixton Close; The Carter’s.

A busy kitchen, Lucy Carter is sorting out bowl of cereal, Lucy is a petite woman with shoulder length blonde hair. Her wet hair has been brushed back and is leaving a small patch on her open, thin, blue dressing gown. Underneath she has a pair of green pyjamas. Two year old Jamie Carter is kicking a small blue ball around and then running after it, he’s already dressed in jeans and a polo top.

Lucy: (sighs) Jamie, please can you go play somewhere else? Or better yet go finish getting ready, were taking you and Noah to Granny and Granddad’s today remember?

Jamie: Why are we going there? Where are you and daddy going?

Lucy: We’re … we have to go with Ian today, remember Ian?

Jamie: (Nods enthusiastically)

Lucy: Good now go finish getting ready before we’re late.

Jamie runs off just as Aidan Carter enters the room sorting his tie, Aidan is a tall surgeon with auburn hair. He’s wearing formal black trousers and a plain white shirt, his tie is black - he’s getting ready for a funeral. Aidan walks over to Lucy and kisses her neck, she hunches her shoulders and giggles.

Lucy: That tickles!

Aidan: It’s affection.

Lucy turns and wraps her arms around Aidan’s neck, she smiles at him.

Lucy: It’s appreciated. (They lean in to each other and kiss softly.)

Aidan: What time do we have to be at the church?

Lucy: (looks at watch) Half twelve.

Aidan: How about I finish this off while you go and get ready?

Lucy: You sure? I don’t want you spilling orange juice all down you or anything.

Aidan: I won’t!

Lucy: (smiles) Okay, thanks.

Lucy leaves and Aidan carries on sorting out the breakfast.

Scene 3 - INT - 144 Colton Avenue; Alex, Molly and Danielle

Alex, (Lex) the eldest of the trio, she’s tall, and has long blonde hair. She’s wearing a white nightgown with a bottle of shampoo n her hand. Alex is stood on the landing outside a white, closed door. Steam is slowly easing out from under the door and the sound of running water can be heard.

Alex: C’mon Molly! I need to get in there too!

Danielle, (Danni) breezes past, already showered a dressed. Danielle is wearing jeans, a colourful top and lots of accessories. She has a dark bob cut. She’s humming a tune under her breath as she passes and goes down the stairs. The bathroom door opens and Molly walks out. Molly is the youngest, she’s petite and had long curled dark hair that sometimes appears black and but mostly appears brown. She’s wearing a fluffy dressing gown with her pyjamas under her arm and a towel wrapped around her hair.

Molly: (apologetically) Sorry!

Alex: (sighs and then smiles) It’s fine, but if I’m late then be it on your head!

Scene 4 - EXT - 107 Colton Avenue; The Healey’s

Green Land Rover pulls up in the drive, Aidan’s driving with Lucy in the passenger seat then Jamie and Noah in the back. Lucy gets out and opens the back door, she unclips Jamie from his child seat. Closes the car door. Walks round to Noah’s side and takes out his baby carrier. Noah is a four month old baby with large blue eyes. He’s dressed in a while baby grow and denim dungaree’s over the top. Lucy slings the baby bag over her shoulder and passes Jamie his rucksack which contains various games and toys. She takes hols of the baby carrier with both hands and Jamie carries on just ahead of her.

The door of the house opens and Lucy’s mum and step dad Jill and Robert Healey walk out to meet their family. Jill is a small woman with short hair and an strict manner - she’s mellowed out over the years with Robert as her husband whereas Robert is a short man with half his hair missing and a white beard. He’s kind and warm. Jill bends down and opens her arms wide as Jamie goes running towards her, she picks him up and jostles him about. Robert ruffles his hair affectionately.

Lucy: Thanks for this (She gets closer and hands Noah over to Robert)

Robert: Anytime sweetheart, tell Ian that our thoughts are with him and his family at this sad time.

Lucy: I will do. (She leans over Noah and kisses her step father’s cheek then her mum’s) Anyway I better be going, Aidan’s waiting.

They all look across at Aidan, who’s still in the car with the ignition running. They give him a brief wave which he returns.

Lucy: I’ll ring you when we’re coming to collect them, Noah’s got supplies in the bag and Jamie has plenty of toys to keep him preoccupied - if not then I stuck a DVD in there too. (Gives a kiss to Noah’s forehead) Bye Noah. (Leans down and gives Jamie a kiss) Bye Jamie. (She goes to walk away and calls back to them.) Be good Jamie.

Lucy gets back in the car and shuts the door behind her, with a final wave, Aidan drives back out of the drive.

Scene 5 - EXT - Outside Samson Church

Ian is standing outside the church in a black suit, with his son, Jake Smith. Jake is a small seven year old whose wearing black school trousers and a plain, black shirt. The usual, cheeky, happy lad is distraught about the loss of his mother and looks miserable.

Friends walk towards the pair, greet them and then into the church. Fellow teacher, Alice Morgan, walks up to him. Alice is a small woman, split from her husband. She’s wearing a knee length skirt with tights and a black, suit top. She walks over to Ian and hugs him.

Alice: (Pulls away) How are you doing?

Ian: Coping. (He looks down Jake) Hopefully after today it’ll get better, y’know?

Alice: (Nods) I know.

Ian: Can you do me a favour?

Alice: Sure, anything.

Ian: Can you take Jake in? I think he’s getting cold and … I’d like to be alone for a bit.

Alice: Sure, we’ll go sit by the front and save you a seat.

Ian: Thanks.

Alice and Jake walk towards the church, Jake casts backward glances at his dad before he goes into the church full of people. As he walks forward the coffin looms ahead of him and he gulps. Alice places a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. Jake bows his head and stares as the floor as he goes and sits down, saving a seat beside him for his dad.

Scene 6 - INT - Samson Residential Home

Will, a medium built man in his late thirties, he and his wife Imogen, a slight woman also in her late thirties with curled black hair, are walking along the corridors of the residential home with the Matron. Will is wearing jeans with a plain white top and tank top, Imogen is wearing black trousers with a blue chemists coat that comes to her knee and has two side pockets.

Matron: I’m so sorry to call you in, usually we can sort these matters out ourselves but he just won’t stop.

Will: What exactly is he doing?

Matron: Well, see for yourself.

Matron indicates to a door which has glass in it, Imogen and Will both peer through the glass to see all the elderly people up and dancing to music on the radio, Will’s father, Zacharias, is dancing the most wildest and clearly the leader of the dancing rebellion.

Matron: He’s just … too wild!

Imogen: (sighs) We’ll talk to him.

Imogen and Will walk through to the room where everyone’s dancing, they approach Zach who looks surprised to see them before breaking into a grin.

Zacharias: Hey! You here to join the party? We’re having a ball!

Will: Pa, you got to stop this right now!

Zacharias: Maybe I don’t want to stop, this is the most fun I’ve had in a long time!

Imogen: Zach, please. You don’t want to be kicked out of here do you?

Zacharias: You know, that is exactly what I want! I don’t want to stay here anymore, I want to be free from this prison.

Will: We’ve been through this. We talked, we agreed.

Zacharias: No son, you talked and you told me what I was doing.

Will: It’s the best.

Zacharias: For who, you?

Will: And you too.

Zacharias: No!

Imogen: Please Zach, you’ve only been here for three weeks. Not nearly enough time to make your mind up, I bet you’ll enjoy it when you get used to it. Please stay.

Zacharias: Oh fine! (crosses his arms sulkily)

Imogen: And stay out of trouble.

Zach doesn’t reply, Will walks over to the radio and turns it off. He’s met with groans from the elderly people.

Zacharias: (miserably) That’s enough people, fun’s over.

Imogen: Thank you Zack.

Zack glares at the back of Will and Imogen’s heads as they leave. Will passes the Matron and gives her an apologetic looks. Matron sighs.

Scene 7 - INT - 14 Brixton Close; The Smith’s

The funeral is over and the wake is being held in Ian’s house. Ian walks around giving weak smiles to his friends as they giving him condolences when passing. Ian approaches colleague, Lucy who’s standing in the kitchen. Lucy turns to her friend.

Lucy: Oh Ian! (She leans up and hugs him, she also plants a kiss on his cheek before pulling away) That poem you read was heartbreaking.

Ian: Thanks, I read the poem and it reminded me of Claire so much.

Lucy: How are you coping?

Ian: (hesitates) It’s been tough Lucy, I can’t cope without her, and I know I’m not looking after Jake the way I should be.

Lucy: Ian, I know it’s hard on you but your boy needs you.

Ian: (sighs) I know, I know.

Lucy: (Takes Ian’s hand) You’ve got friends who care about you, remember that.

Ian: (Laughs appreciatively) I could never forget that!

Lucy: Mum and Dad send their

Aidan walks into the kitchen and approaches his wife as Lucy lets go of Ian’s hand.

Aidan: Hey mate, I’m sorry about Claire.

Ian: (Again smiles weakly) Thanks, it was nice to have so many friends here to support Jake and I.

Aidan: Of course. (Subconsciously, Aidan puts his hand round Lucy’s waist)

Ian: (Notices, his voice cracks with a small amount of emotion as he thinks about the past, better times) I should go and see everyone.

Lucy: Okay, well remember we’re always here yeah?

Ian: (Nods) Yeah.

Scene 8 - INT - Doctor’s Surgery

Fareeha Chieu, a medium built, slightly controlling Chinese woman is sat at the reception desk typing on the computer. She’s wearing a knee length grey skirt and pale blue top. The phone rings and she answers using cat like reflexes.

Fareeha: Samson Bay Doctor’s Surgery? … I will have to see whether Dr. Carter is free on Wednesday one moment … (she clicks away at the computer and reads the data) … Yes he has a few fifteen minute slots, we have 8:45am, 11:30am, 3pm or the latest is 5:45pm as we shut at 6 … (a red light clicks on above the door and Fareeha places her hand over the speaking side of the phone) … Mrs. Gardner, Dr. Roberts will see you now. (As an elderly lady stands and heads over to the room a man walks out coughing, Fareeha carries on with her conversation.) … Okay, yes 3pm is fine. I’ll inform Dr. Carter ASAP. Bye. (Hangs up and turns to coughing man.) Good afternoon.

Man: Here’s my prescription.

Fareeha: Thank you. (She takes it and reads through it) Okay, you can get this at the chemist just down the High Street.

Man: (Takes back prescription) Thanks.

The Man walks away coughing, as soon as the front door is shut with a snap Fareeha pulls out a handkerchief and starts wiping the receptionist desk. Looking around to see if anybody is around she ducks under the desk and pulls out a air freshener before stowing it away back under the desk. She takes a deep breath then smiles happily.

Scene 9 - INT - Chemist

The same Man walks into the chemist where Saffron Chieu is stood at the desk, head in hand looking bored. Saffron is a young, petite woman in her early twenties with silky dark hair and large brown eyes. She’d the daughter of Fareeha. She’s wearing jeans with a blue, chemist coat that goes to her knees and has two pockets.

Man: (coughs into his hands) The woman at the Doctor’s told me to come here for these things. (He hands her his prescription.

Saffron: Okay, you can find the cough medicine on the shelf over there. (Indicates to the shelf.) And the sleeping tablet are behind me. What kind d’you want?

Man: The strong kind.

The door opens and a harassed looking Imogen walks in.

Saffron: Where’ve you been? You were meant to be in ages ago!

Imogen: Hey Saffy sorry I’m late, Grandpa problems.

Saffron: Oh, it’s fine, it’s been dead quiet in here today. Just so boring!

The man walks away from them and starts looking at the cough medicines, Imogen takes off her coat. She has her work clothes on underneath.

Saffron: So what did he do this time? If you don’t mind me asking that is.

Imogen: (sighs) Zack got all the elderly people up and dancing, the Matron was having a fit when we got there!

Saffron: (struggling to keep a straight face.) He made all the old people dance?

Imogen: (Nods)

Saffron: (Giggles hysterically)

Imogen: It’s not funny! He’s a stubborn old fool who’s going to be thrown out one of these days!

Saffron: It’ll be okay. I’m sure they won’t throw him out, I mean, where will he go?

Imogen goes deep into thought, imagining him having to move in with them. The Man walks over to them with the medicine and gets some sleeping pills, he pays then leaves.

Thread Information