Thread: Jane/lesley

Jane/lesley

I have only just started watching ee again after a 2 year break.Can someone explain what the name thing is all about? Is it as sinple as she didnt like the name lesley and changed it to jane or something more interesting?
    Just wondered as Ian asked jane if she didnt like christian because he still calls her Lesley.
    Last edited by chance; 16-01-2008 at 10:10.

I think it is a lot more than that and we don't know fully yet. I am sure we will know in time.. Maybe he stole one of her boyfriends when they were younger???
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    I have only just started watching ee again after a 2 year break.Can someone explain what the name thing is all about? Is it as sinple as she didnt like the name lesley and changed it to jane or something more interesting?
    Just wondered as Ian asked jane if she didnt like christian because he still calls her Lesley.
    Jane is her second name, she changed the use of her name because she was was overweight and her mum gave her a hard time. Once she lost the weight she decided to was a different woman that deserved a new name, so she stopped calling herself Lesley. Don't know why her brother does not call her Jane, perhaps he does not know about her wanting to be a different woman?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

chance (17-01-2008)

Oh i thought it might have been something jucier then that.. ;( but as you said im sure theres more to come..

Jane changed her name to Lesley because she was bullied all the way through school as she was overweight (as Siobhan said,) and when she left, she changed her name to Jane she wanted to leave that part of her life behind her, as some had also asked Lesley at school if her mum had called her Lesley because she was supposed to be a boy, and said, "a boy's name for a boy."

She doesn't like Christian because he made a pass at her former husband David, although if she did see him a year before her husband died as was said on EastEnders, Christian must have known that she'd changed her name to Jane.

I'm thinking maybe Christian agreed with what the kids were saying, or is just doing it to get at her because he said she's one of the two people he's loved in his life, but she doesn't want anything to do with him over him making a pass at David. I think the latter is a lot more likely though.

i think something happened with her brother and her first husband from the impression i got from tonights episode

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud2k7 View Post
    i think something happened with her brother and her first husband from the impression i got from tonights episode
    I am in agreement with you on that one, cos Christian was digging deep about David. Hmm I wonder how long ago Jane kicked her bro out of her life or CUT HIM OUT ?? Before David got sick or AFTER ???

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud2k7 View Post
    I am in agreement with you on that one, cos Christian was digging deep about David. Hmm I wonder how long ago Jane kicked her bro out of her life or CUT HIM OUT ?? Before David got sick or AFTER ???
    If she did not see him for over a year before David died, so that must have been the time she cut him out of her life. So far, I don't like Christian much but some characters take a while to grow on you, don't they?

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    So my guess is she had not seen him for 4 years cos David died 3 yrs ago ??? Lets see how long this lasts between Jane and Christian,,,,,I do not like him much, but for some odd reason I find him too STRAIGHT,,but again this is EE. This is just my OBSERVATION...

I think she said it was about 4 years since she'd seen Christian on EastEnders. He seems a bit too straight to me too; with Roxy and everything. Maybe they'll have a storyline over him wondering if he's bisexual at some point.

He seems to have eased into actuaually calling Jane Jane instead of Lesley now, which I didn't expect him to do so easily.

Thread Information