Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'd have been sympathetic to Carla for doing all that, because she was under duress at the time, if she'd shown any remorse for it. However, she appeared to feel no guilt at manipulating Nick. I don't blame him either, especially because what she did worsened his head injury symptoms and frightened him to death.

However, Carla's exit was an unnecessarily cruel one from a lot of viewers' point of view (including mine). Why couldn't she at least have left with her head held high?
    I agree!

The writing for Nick and Carla the last few weeks wasn't great. Nick fought so hard for Carla over the year as a friend and lover. I just don't think he would have been that cruel. Maybe in the heat of the moment but in time he would have at least spoke to her. I suppose that's his head injury aswell. Also Carla made no attempt to fight for their relationship. She just leaves. Nick doesn't even know the full story and has now disappeared from screen. They could have at least had a heart to heart agreeing that Nick couldn't move and she couldn't stay and her leaving on better terms.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalesfan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-06-2016), parkerman (01-06-2016), Perdita (01-06-2016), tammyy2j (02-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalesfan View Post
    The writing for Nick and Carla the last few weeks wasn't great. Nick fought so hard for Carla over the year as a friend and lover. I just don't think he would have been that cruel. Maybe in the heat of the moment but in time he would have at least spoke to her. I suppose that's his head injury aswell. Also Carla made no attempt to fight for their relationship. She just leaves. Nick doesn't even know the full story and has now disappeared from screen. They could have at least had a heart to heart agreeing that Nick couldn't move and she couldn't stay and her leaving on better terms.
    That would have been a much better and more satisfying end for Carla.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Dalesfan (01-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She had to leave and it would have been too early for her to try to get him back, Nick would need time to digest the news, especially as he has mental issues right now. As Alison King gave a fair bit of notice about wanting to leave, I wish they had come up with a very much less predictable storyline ... I would have given her a business award and some high powered job like working for or with Victoria Beckham in LA and Nick not being able to fly because of his condition ... so he has to get better first while she goes ahead ... and then Leanne comforting Nick when he feels lonely and presto .. LA no longer an option
    I think she should have at least tried to go see him before she left

As said I think by Dazzle in another thread how can Carla leave after the crash, is their no investigation?

I agree her exit storyline was bad

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think she should have at least tried to go see him before she left

As said I think by Dazzle in another thread how can Carla leave after the crash, is their no investigation?

I agree her exit storyline was bad
    Was it not said in Carla's last episode that there was a police investigation going on? Or am I dreaming that?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-06-2016), tammyy2j (02-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Was it not said in Carla's last episode that there was a police investigation going on?
    That's correct. Carla went before the story had finished...strange decision.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 02-06-2016 at 12:38.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (02-06-2016)

Was it not said in Carla's last episode that there was a police investigation going on? Or am I dreaming that?
    I must have missed that

I did at times like Carla and Nick as a couple and think she could have put up more of a fight for him in the end

Yes, Carla acknowledged she was leaving despite an investigation going on

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (02-06-2016)

Yes, Carla acknowledged she was leaving despite an investigation going on

I think she fought so hard up until the wedding and had no fight left in her after that especially with the humiliation of the wedding

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-06-2016), Perdita (04-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I think she fought so hard up until the wedding and had no fight left in her after that especially with the humiliation of the wedding
    she caved to tracy's demands, letting her win, not put up much of a fight to me

Thread Information