Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

Coronation Street: Carla leaves for good!
    Actress Alison King's departure from the Street will be permanent...
    There will be no happy-ever-after for Carla Connor and fiancé Nick Tilsey, because actress Alison King has revealed she'll be leaving the soap later this spring - and won't be coming back!
    Coronation Street bosses announced last year that star Alison would be taking an extended break. But after a lot of thought, she has decided not to renew her contract...
    "It's been put out there that I'm taking a sabbatical, but I'm not," reveals Alison, who has been playing Carla since 2006. "The producers have very graciously left the door open for me to come back if I want to. I haven't ruled it out, but what happens next is going to be a new chapter for me.
    "I only meant to stay for four years, and now I'm in my 10th," she adds. "My daughter, Daisy, has been the main victim because she's had to share so much of her mummy's time with Corrie. I've probably only ever done about 20 pickups or drop-offs while she's been at school, which is quite sad."
    Alison's decision spells the end of an era in Weatherfield, but the big question remains as to how Street siren Carla will make her exit. Show chiefs clearly have no intention of killing her off, so it's safe to assume that she makes a full recovery from the brutal raid that took place at the Bistro.
    However, now that Carla's arch-nemesis Tracy knows about her one-night stand with Robert, will her quest for vengeance result in her rival leaving town for good? And what will happen when Carla's fiancé, Nick, also finds out about her infidelity?
    "I was gutted when Carla cheated on Nick with Robert!" admits Alison. "I suppose there needs to be a catalyst to bring everything to a head, but I don't believe it would've happened had I not been leaving. People seem to love the ongoing Carla and Tracy feud, so I imagine she'll definitely have something to do with my character going."
    With Alison confirming that she's leaving the soap in May - and Carla preparing to wed Nick at the end of the same month - the stage is set for some almighty drama. Will the Street be the same without her?
    How will Carla exit?
    She's heading for a wedding - but it looks as if it will be no dream day...
    Prison: After everything Tracy's put her through, we wouldn't be surprised if Carla snaps and drives a stiletto through her rival's skull! Will she follow in her half-brother's Rob Donovan's footsteps and be banged up for murder?
    The lure of LA: Carla's been known to jet off to Los Angeles whenever life's got tough, so a permanent move to Hollywood could be just what the doctor orders if Nick finds out about Robert...
    Peter Barlow: Speaking of Nick, he's already had one wedding to Leanne ruined thanks to womanising Peter Barlow - who also happens to be the former love of Carla's life! Will he show up just as she's about to marry Nick, and sweep her off her feet?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-01-2016), tammyy2j (22-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita
    People seem to love the ongoing Carla and Tracy feud
    Do they? I think it's extremely repetitive and tiresome.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Brucie (22-01-2016), maidmarian (22-01-2016), parkerman (22-01-2016), Perdita (22-01-2016), tammyy2j (22-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street: Carla leaves for good!

Prison: After everything Tracy's put her through, we wouldn't be surprised if Carla snaps and drives a stiletto through her rival's skull! Will she follow in her half-brother's Rob Donovan's footsteps and be banged up for murder?
    Don't think so. That would mean Kate Ford leaving as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Do they? I think it's extremely repetitive and tiresome.
    Couldn't agree more, Dazzle. The same old story again and again and again......oh and again!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Brucie (22-01-2016), Dazzle (22-01-2016), maidmarian (09-02-2016), Perdita (22-01-2016)

I hope Tracy would go! I was hoping her mother's death would change her behaviour, but hasn't..so bored watching the same old Tracy over and over..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-01-2016), Perdita (22-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Don't think so. That would mean Kate Ford leaving as well.

Couldn't agree more, Dazzle. The same old story again and again and again......oh and again!
    If the stiletto only caused a bit of damage rather than finishing Tracy off for good, the character will be able to stay and continue making everyone´s life on Coronation Street a misery. I hope that Carla´s exit will be because Tracy spills the beans to Nick just before the wedding about Carla and Robert´s fling and that Carla leaves for LA .... I don´t want Carla in prison, even if it is for attempted murder or manslaughter ....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (22-01-2016)

we have tracy blackmailing carla to leave and get nick to sell his business to robert, if this will be her exit on tracy demands that is poor

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (09-02-2016), parkerman (10-02-2016), Perdita (10-02-2016), sarah c (10-02-2016), tammyy2j (10-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    we have tracy blackmailing carla to leave and get nick to sell his business to robert, if this will be her exit on tracy demands that is poor
    Carla would never capitulate to Tracey

(feeling smug I've used capitulate in a sentence)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-02-2016), Perdita (10-02-2016), tammyy2j (11-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    (feeling smug I've used capitulate in a sentence)
    Love it!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

sarah c (10-02-2016)

just tell nick

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-02-2016), tammyy2j (15-02-2016)

This is all getting too much. Too over the top. I wish Liz knew and could give her advice like she did to Johnny. Dont let a blackmailer have a hold of you in this way, come clean yourself

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-02-2016), maidmarian (16-02-2016), Perdita (16-02-2016), tammyy2j (10-03-2016)

Thread Information