Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k10 View Post
    Dunno what they all see in this binman
    me either

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k10 View Post
    Dunno what they all see in this binman
    i know he's rubbish.................

i'll get me coat.............

Coronation Street star Alison King has admitted that she can understand why her character is attracted to binman Trevor Dean.

Weatherfield newcomer Trevor, played by actor Steve Jackson, has become Carla Connor's latest love interest after making his debut on the cobbles earlier this year.

In an interview with This Morning today, King argued that Trevor is "gorgeous" and that Carla deserves a hassle-free romance following her previous troubles.

The actress explained: "It's anybody's guess how long it will last, but he's a good-looking guy, a nice guy and he's uncomplicated - which, let's face it, after everything's she's been through is kind of what she needs.

"How long that will last, who knows, and also she might try and spruce him up or something. He'd look pretty good in a tux, I think!"

She added: "I think for the side of her that loves drama, she's now got Nick Tilsley, who's her sparring partner."

Carla has previously dated villain Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) and Michelle Connor's brother Liam (Rob James-Collier).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-03-2010)

I can't see it lasting with Trevor - Nick's much more her type.

Janice is going to get together with him, so no, it will not last

Coronation Street star Alison King has revealed that she wants Carla Connor to continue having a complex love life.

The actress's feisty character has recently begun a relationship with binman Trevor Dean, played by actor Steve Jackson.

However, in an interview with the Glasgow Sunday Mail, King claimed that the soap's writers should spice things up by coming up with a twist involving Carla's new Underworld partner Nick Tilsley (Ben Price).

She explained: "There is definitely chemistry to be had. Nick's wrapped up in the business at the moment and he's stressed out. If anything, Carla stresses him out even more at the moment.

"There's a twinkle and they probably find each other attractive but at the moment, he finds her annoying and she doesn't trust him. But I think there's room for that to change and be more like Moonlighting - a sort of Cybill Shepherd/Bruce Willis type relationship.

"I don't want her relationship with Trevor to become boring. I think she's better being spicy. I think it has to be complicated by Nick somehow."

Carla has previously been in relationships with twisted Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) and Michelle Connor's brother Liam (Rob James-Collier).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-04-2010)

Corrie Carla 'to battle drink problem'

Coronation Street's Carla Connor will reportedly battle a drinking problem.

The Underworld boss, played by Alison King, struggles to cope with events including the death of Tony Gordon and turns to alcohol, reports The Sun.

King was pictured filming a visit to alcoholics anonymous after Connor begins drinking before breakfast.

An insider told the paper: "She sees Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) at the meeting and backs out, pretending she is meant to be in a Spanish class next door."

Corrie producer Phil Collinson previously told DS that viewers would be seeing "a lot" of Carla who he praised as a "very significant, complicated character".

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-07-2010), lizann (27-07-2010), tammyy2j (28-07-2010)

Its a bit too soon after Peter's storyline

I disagree, Carla and Peter can bounce off each other because unless you have a drink problem yourself, it is difficult to really understand somebody who has. We could see one failing and being supported by the other; I think there is loads of potential in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I disagree, Carla and Peter can bounce off each other because unless you have a drink problem yourself, it is difficult to really understand somebody who has. We could see one failing and being supported by the other; I think there is loads of potential in this.
    As long as Carla dont have an affair with Peter which is what I could see the writers doing

Thread Information