Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k10 View Post
    Dunno what they all see in this binman
    me either

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k10 View Post
    Dunno what they all see in this binman
    i know he's rubbish.................

i'll get me coat.............

Coronation Street star Alison King has admitted that she can understand why her character is attracted to binman Trevor Dean.

Weatherfield newcomer Trevor, played by actor Steve Jackson, has become Carla Connor's latest love interest after making his debut on the cobbles earlier this year.

In an interview with This Morning today, King argued that Trevor is "gorgeous" and that Carla deserves a hassle-free romance following her previous troubles.

The actress explained: "It's anybody's guess how long it will last, but he's a good-looking guy, a nice guy and he's uncomplicated - which, let's face it, after everything's she's been through is kind of what she needs.

"How long that will last, who knows, and also she might try and spruce him up or something. He'd look pretty good in a tux, I think!"

She added: "I think for the side of her that loves drama, she's now got Nick Tilsley, who's her sparring partner."

Carla has previously dated villain Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) and Michelle Connor's brother Liam (Rob James-Collier).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-03-2010)

I can't see it lasting with Trevor - Nick's much more her type.

Janice is going to get together with him, so no, it will not last

Coronation Street star Alison King has revealed that she wants Carla Connor to continue having a complex love life.

The actress's feisty character has recently begun a relationship with binman Trevor Dean, played by actor Steve Jackson.

However, in an interview with the Glasgow Sunday Mail, King claimed that the soap's writers should spice things up by coming up with a twist involving Carla's new Underworld partner Nick Tilsley (Ben Price).

She explained: "There is definitely chemistry to be had. Nick's wrapped up in the business at the moment and he's stressed out. If anything, Carla stresses him out even more at the moment.

"There's a twinkle and they probably find each other attractive but at the moment, he finds her annoying and she doesn't trust him. But I think there's room for that to change and be more like Moonlighting - a sort of Cybill Shepherd/Bruce Willis type relationship.

"I don't want her relationship with Trevor to become boring. I think she's better being spicy. I think it has to be complicated by Nick somehow."

Carla has previously been in relationships with twisted Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) and Michelle Connor's brother Liam (Rob James-Collier).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-04-2010)

Carla Interview

Carla Connor's worst fears are about to become reality during next week's dramatic Coronation Street screenings as her husband Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) escapes from prison and is hellbent on revenge. In what have become the soap's most expensive ever episodes, Tony stages an escape with the help of his newly-released cellmate Robbie. Carla, however, falls prey to Robbie's businessman façade and finds herself bound and gagged in a desolate Underworld with Hayley Cropper by her side - and Tony looming over them. Here, DS favourite Alison King chats about the gripping bank of 9pm eps, including Tony's return, the bruise-inducing stunts and who survives - if anyone...

Apparently your schedule's been manic recently!
    "I'm knackered! I could do with a couple of weeks off! I'm just delirious and giddy!"

What did you think of Tony's return story when you first heard about it?
    "I thought, 'That's dragging it out a bit!' (Laughs). No, I thought when he went to prison [that it wouldn't be the end]. If anyone can escape from prison, it's Tony Gordon. You just know when he manages to get out that he's got an even bigger screw lose that he had before. It makes great television and I'm really pleased to be part of it. It's nice to wrap it all up, too."

What was it like to have Gray back on set again?
    "It was fantastic. We enjoy working with each other and we have a set way of working together - reading the scripts three times, rehearsing and doing everything in advance. There was a lot of pressure filming these scenes and he was just brilliant. We had to get it done in the time we had and because of that, we had to lean on each other quite a lot."

Were you injured filming this stunt? Last time you ended up covered in bruises during the fight with Jimmy Dockerson…
    "Oh I've got loads of bruises! I'm covered in them - my arms, my legs, my ankles - knackered and battered. During the first stage of filming, I had some kind of reaction to the make-up or the fake soot - or maybe both combined! - and my eye popped out like I had a sty which started blistering, so I thought, 'Oh, brilliant'. Because we did it all back to front, we had to make my face look [like it was puffed up] for the final scenes which shot, which are the first ones to be shown, if that make sense! Over the course of the weekend, I had one big black eye and it looked like Adam [Huckett, my boyfriend] had beaten me up! It was hilarious! Now I have a bad cold, so it's not nice!"

What's Tony back for?
    "We don't know to start with. We've no idea who or what he's back for but Carla's just petrified that he's out. The last time she saw him, he sent Jimmy after her to try and kill her!"

How does Carla first learn of Tony's escape?
    "She's had a really, really stressful few weeks in the factory and it starts to build and build. Carla slowly becomes unhinged and with Nick Tilsley not being any help whatsoever, she starts to lose it. The final straw comes when two policemen wander in to inform her that Tony's escaped from prison. She is scared, but true to form, she just gets on with things, so she ends up going to The Rovers and back to the flat with Trevor."

How does Carla end up becoming a hostage?
    "She's lost a lot of money recently and then a 'businessman' wanders in saying that he can help sell all her unsold stock from the Rickson order on the markets. That person isn't all he makes out to be and she ends up being held captive by him in the factory - and she learns that he's Tony's accomplice, Robbie [played by James Fleet]. And he has a gun…"

Are you surprised that she fell for Robbie's story? Usually Carla's quite an attentive woman…
    "Business always comes first with Carla!"

Did you have many action scenes across the two weeks?
    "I was gaffa-taped for a little while and tied up for most of it. My wrist was sore at the end! It was a different experience anyway, acting for two weeks with your hands tied behind your back on a chair. Kim Marsh was like, 'You loved it!'"

Do you think Carla still has any feelings for Tony?
    "No, not at all. She has feelings of hate and disgust for him. She can't stand his guts. The love she once had for him has turned into complete revulsion. He not only killed the love of her life, he's tried to have her killed, too. On top of that, he's continuously lied to her and got with Maria. So yeah, she has no feelings for him whatsoever!"

Who else ends up trapped inside with Carla?
    "Hayley and Maria are trapped inside with Robbie and Tony. Some get out - and some don't…"

At any point, does Carla think that Tony would kill her?
    "Absolutely. She tries to use everything she knows about Tony against him - tries to play him, manipulate him and push his buttons, but when that doesn't work she realises that Tony's not all there. Carla just cracks and breaks down. She resigns herself to the fact that it's the end - she's fighting for her life."

Any clues as to who dies?
    "You'll have to tune in! Put it this way, two people come out in body bags…"

Coronation Street's Siege Week airs all next week from Monday, May 31 at 7pm and 9pm, then nightly at 9pm on ITV1.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2010)

I recently caught up with one of my favourite soap actresses, Alison King, to have a good ol' natter about next week's impressive-looking Siege Week in Coronation Street.

I've not seen the episodes yet, so can't pass judgement, but as I mentioned on Sunday, I think these will be some of the most outstanding episodes in recent years.

I should be able to reveal more about them later in the week.

Until then, here's a selection of bonus quotes from my time with Alison. Click here for the main part of the interview.

Samia's been back for Siege Week, too - has it been nice to have another mum on set?
    "Yeah, it's lovely. You go through so many different things [as a mum] and it was really nice to see her. She's doing really, really well - I'm very jealous! Jane [Danson] and I talk a lot about babies, too."

Are you looking forward to being involved in Corrie's 50th celebrations?
    "Definitely. We're hearing about bits and bobs going on around the 50th but we have no idea what they're doing storyline-wise yet. Phil [Collinson's] just come in, so we're starting to hear about our storylines for the next year."

Will you be pressing for your brother Darren to join?
    "Yeah - I say this every time but nothing happens! I hope Darren does come out of prison to stay with Carla. I'd love it if Darren turns up and gets off with Michelle!"

What was your reaction when you heard that Steve Jackson - Trevor The Binman - was leaving?
    "Trevor's not been here long enough for Carla to try out properly, but I love Steve, so I'm gutted."

Carla's running out of choices with men really, isn't she?
    "There never has been [much choice], really! They always have to bring some little minx in for her. It's quite nice that they've put her with Trevor this time, though - someone a little like Liam. That's what she should look for. She just needs a happy medium between psychotic (Tony) or someone who's up their own **** (Liam)! And Nick's being a crazed stress head, so Carla can't see a nice bone in his body."

Are you hoping that Phil will cast some dreamy character for you?
    "I'm sure he will! Maybe she should stay off men for a bit? Maybe she'll start on women! Carla and Michelle?!"

Have you managed to strike a balance between work and home life since having Daisy?
    "It's crazy! When you say you're not working enough and you're just looking after a baby, it all of a sudden goes mad for about 12 weeks. Then you're working all day and then looking after a baby on a night and at weekends. You'll never be happy! In an ideal world, it'd be great if it was all spaced out but it doesn't work like that. As much as you moan, we're just really happy to be working in such a great job that we enjoy."

How is Daisy?
    "She's wicked. She's 15 months now and has a toddly run. She's doing lots of animal sounds and has started saying a few words. It's very, very cute."

Has she seen you on television yet?
    "Yeah, but she gets quite confused about that. She looks at the television, then looks at me and giggles!"

Do you think she'll be following your footsteps into the acting world?
    "She's quite theatrical and loves music - maybe she'll be a DJ…"

What did you think when you heard about the recent departures?
    "Gutted. For a week or so, everyone was really down in the green room. But that's the way it is every few years. It gives you a rain-check and reminds you that your contract's only as long as your contract and you can't take any longer than that for granted, just like they can't. We have the opportunity to go when we want, so it's only right that they're able to change the cast when they feel the need to. It's not a reflection on anyone's work, it's all about the direction of a show. We're just bloody lucky to be in this job for five years, let alone ten!"

TERRIFIED Underworld queen Carla Connor looks ready to snap as she levels a gun at twisted husband Tony Gordon.
    She's been locked in her knicker factory by the crazed Corrie murderer (Gray O'Brien) - who is determined she will die in flames along with innocent Hayley Cropper (Julie Hesmondhalgh).

Actress Alison King, 37, who plays Carla, did her own stunts for the upcoming episode and learnt to handle a gun.

She said: "Filming the siege got more and more exhausting but firing the gun was a real rush and it keeps you going."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0p5Dx664k

Coronation Street star Alison King has admitted that the soap's recent run of cast changes reminded her not to take her job for granted.

The Weatherfield serial's new producer Phil Collinson has announced the departures of a number of characters over the past few weeks, including Claire and Ashley Peacock (Julia Haworth and Steven Arnold), Natasha Blakeman (Rachel Leskovac) and King's screen love interest Trevor Dean (Steve Jackson).

Speaking in an interview with DS, King confessed that she felt "gutted" when she was first told about the shake-up.

She commented: "For a week or so, everyone was really down in the green room. But that's the way it is every few years. It gives you a rain-check and reminds you that your contract's only as long as your contract and you can't take any longer than that for granted, just like they can't.

"We have the opportunity to go when we want, so it's only right that they're able to change the cast when they feel the need to. It's not a reflection on anyone's work, it's all about the direction of a show. We're just bloody lucky to be in this job for five years, let alone ten!"

King's character Carla Connor will return to the forefront of the programme next week as she is held captive by ex-husband Tony Gordon in a dramatic siege storyline.

Thread Information