Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

The Peter/ Carla storyline is getting sooo tedious - zzz...

Will be fun to watch after next week when it becomes public knowledge

I see no chemistry with Carla and Peter and also Carla and Frank

Coronation Street star Alison King has predicted that Carla Connor and Peter Barlow's relationship will end badly.

Carla and Peter (Chris Gascoyne) have been enjoying a secret affair in recent weeks, but the truth is exposed in tonight's episodes as photos of the pair kissing are handed to Peter's wife Leanne (Jane Danson) at Frank Foster's rape trial.

King has now told the Daily Star that while she wants a long future for Carla and Peter, she is expecting heartbreak ahead in the long run.

"The longer I can have carnage with Chris, the better, because I love him," the actress explained. "He makes me belly laugh from the inside out.

"But Carla has an eject button and I think she will use it in the end. She's like the black widow who hasn't died! Chris should be worried."

King also said that Carla will be distraught if the revelation of her affair counts against her in court.

"Carla will be absolutely devastated if Frank gets off, because she was raped," she commented. "And no matter what the consequences with Peter, it's got nothing to do with what happened to her."

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Coronation Street star Alison King has revealed that evil Frank Foster will try to "bully" Carla Connor out of Underworld in the coming days.

Carla was recently left distraught when Frank was found not guilty of raping her, but there is more drama on the way in upcoming episodes as he tries to take over her business.

Tonight's episodes see Frank (Andrew Lancel) return to the factory and announce that he is moving back in now that he is a free man.

© ITV
    © ITV

King told itv.com of the storyline: "Carla's feeling devastated straight after the trial, but she really just wants to move on, get back into the factory and get back into the swing of things. She's got Peter to lean on and he's helping her do that, but there's complications.

"Frank's still about and making trouble. She arrives back to her factory raring to go, to discover that he's moved in there. He offers to buy her out because he thinks this is going to be a really good solution. He tries to bully her out."

The actress added that, to make matters worse, Peter (Chris Gascoyne) will struggle to get his young son Simon (Alex Bain) to accept his new romance with Carla.

King said: "Carla and Peter's relationship is floating, blooming, it's beautiful. They've got banter, they've got everything. But Carla, Peter and Simon - that's not so easy. Simon hates her."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

The missing images
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Carla Connor,
    Hair like tar,
    Knocked Stella over,
    In Frank's car!
    In love with Liam,
    Then with Peter.
    Drinks red wine by the flamin' litre!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-02-2012), lizann (10-02-2012), Siobhan (10-02-2012), tammyy2j (10-02-2012)

Coronation Street's troubled businesswoman Carla Connor becomes a murder suspect this week after her evil ex-fiancé Frank Foster is found dead.

Carla's hatred of Frank (Andrew Lancel) is about to escalate when he cons her into signing away her share of Underworld, as she wrongly believes that she has a lucrative deal with Jenny Sumner to look forward to.

When Carla realises that Jenny has been in cahoots with Frank all along, she's furious and has a final showdown with the villain after hours at the factory, during which he threatens to rape her again. Not long afterwards, Frank's lifeless body is discovered at Underworld. Has Carla killed him, or is somebody else responsible?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Corrie favourite Alison King, who plays Carla, to hear all about the murder mystery storyline.

Carla has a nasty shock on the way when it comes to Frank and Jenny…
    "Yeah, Carla thinks that she's all set up with Jenny. She's really sad that she's going to lose the factory, but she knows that she's got a way around it and she can start again with Jenny's help. From Carla's point of view, it makes the most sense, because Frank seems to be going nowhere. He just isn't letting Carla get on with her life after the rape, and she can't seem to get away from him.

"So it's a huge bombshell for Carla when her only way out comes crashing down, because Jenny has betrayed her. She thought she had another card to play, but she doesn't. Carla is absolutely devastated."

That leads up to a final showdown scene between Carla and Frank, doesn't it?
    "It does. Frank threatens to attack Carla again, so it's horrible for her. The nasty side of Frank is starting to appear again. Bless Andrew, as that was hard for him to take home. But it was another great scene to be involved in."

Frank is found dead shortly afterwards, and Carla is one of the suspects. Do you think she's capable of murdering someone?
    "Well, Carla could be at absolute breaking point by now, considering everything she's been through. I don't think she's capable of committing a murder, but I think she is capable of causing an accident and she's also capable of self-defence. So maybe that could mean she is responsible for what's happened."

How does she feel about Frank being dead?
    "Carla's pleased that he's dead. I don't think she misses him at all after what he did to her, as he's made her life a misery. But I think she's sad that it's come to this, and sad that she's in the middle of it all. She wishes none of it had happened. However, what Frank did was unforgivable in Carla's eyes, along with the fact that he kept interfering in her life in such a horrible way afterwards. So she's glad he's gone."

In real life, what was it like to say goodbye to Andrew?
    "It was really sad to say goodbye. Though I won't miss his anecdotes! (Laughs) He'd tell me lots of different anecdotes, every single day! But he was an amazing bloke to work with, he's very giving and it was a blessing to come across him. I think he always knew that Frank's story would have a beginning, a middle and an end, so it was nice for him to play that out."

Carla and Peter will both be under scrutiny from the police in the coming days. How does that affect their relationship?
    "Well, what goes on between Carla and Peter is interesting to watch, put it that way! They're both suspects, they have different motives and they both had very different circumstances on the night of Frank's death. And those cross over in a very weird way, so it'll be really good to watch.

"I think Carla and Peter adore each other, so she'd be absolutely devastated if he'd killed Frank, because it would have been for her. That would be the end of her world, as she'd literally have nothing left if he went to jail."

Sally now knows the truth about Frank, and we've heard that Carla forgives her for everything. Why is that?
    "I think Carla just knows that Sally has been put through the same rubbish that she has by Frank. Carla has been taken in by Frank herself in the past, so she's got a certain amount of forgiveness. In a way, it's exactly the same thing that Maria forgave Carla for.

"Carla and Sally have both been led along by Frank and ignored the warning signs, so for once in her life, Carla hasn't got double standards and she's quite forgiving and supporting of Sally. Although underneath it all, maybe some of that tension will come out later during their squabbles!"

Carla and Leanne's arguments are always great to watch. Do you enjoy filming those scenes?
    "Yes, I do, because it's two alpha-females going head-to-head. I think they're both capable of ripping each other's heads off! Carla and Leanne like to have a go at each other, so it's always a really good match. That's never going to stop now, because I don't think Leanne will ever forgive Carla!"

Do you think Carla and Peter have a strong future together, or is their relationship doomed?
    "I think Carla and Peter's relationship has been so long coming that they'd have to really, really try before they gave up on it, otherwise what was the point? There's been such a struggle to get to where they are now, so I don't think they should give up.

"They both really, really love each other, so I'm hoping that it will continue, at least for the time being. It's a deep love, not just a shallow one. It's not one that should easily fall apart."

Would you like Carla to have some happier times, or do you prefer the more emotional storylines?
    "A split between the two is always nice, literally because you just get so knackered after a big storyline and there's only so much that you can do in a certain space of time. Also, Carla came into the show with some good comedy, so I think she can do both. Humourous scenes are also really nice and enjoyable to play, so it's nice to have a bit of both."

How would you sum up being at the centre of this huge storyline?
    "It's been a bonkers schedule and very, very tiring, but so brilliant to do. I've worked with so many brilliant people on the storyline. It's been an honour to work with Andrew and Gwen Taylor, and I've had a really nice variety of scenes.

"What I've tried to do is go all-out on each and every scene, so what I see written down on paper comes alive. Then when it comes to do a take, it can be a lot different to how I imagined. That means a scene can often involve something bigger than I thought it would, so it can be a lot more intense.

"But in general, it been brilliant. We've had some great ratings, so it's brilliant for Corrie. It's just lovely and very exciting stuff to be involved in, so I'm having a great time."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (05-03-2012), Ruffed_lemur (09-03-2012)

Carla and Peter totally deserve each other,pair of alkies.

It was nice to see Carla being honest with the police about her whereabouts. Often people in soaps lie because it sounds bad. Then get themselves in a bigger mess!

Thread Information