Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Did she do any other roles while away from the show?
    Courtesy of Wiki "In September 2016, while attending a Cirque Du Soleil show after just returning from a holiday in France, King admitted that since quitting Coronation Street, she has no new projects lined up, joking that she might quit acting and join the circus.[56] She quipped: "Yeah, I'll maybe have a go tonight and see how it pans out". Sounds like a no tammy . Your post louise ,spot on ,I suppose that explains the return. Very lucky to be in that work situation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Why is that good? Why can't people just be left as friends? Why do we have to look at ways of breaking up long-standing friendships?
    they need to keep carla miserable

i never bought into this friendship with michelle after all cheating with liam on paul etc., michelle hated her and then best friends

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-09-2017)

It's amazing how some actors who leave the soap go on to be famous in other roles - Suranne Jones , Sarah Lancashire, Rob James Collier ( Downton and other things) and yet some don't . We never hear about them again. "Carla", Ryan Thomas and many more who think they will set the world alight but don't .

Any more famous and non famous ?

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    It's amazing how some actors who leave the soap go on to be famous in other roles - Suranne Jones , Sarah Lancashire, Rob James Collier ( Downton and other things) and yet some don't . We never hear about them again. "Carla", Ryan Thomas and many more who think they will set the world alight but don't .

Everyone in Neighbours!

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post

At least she is honest about it which is a rare thing these days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-09-2017)

Rather ironic that Ryan Thomas has just got a role in Neighbours then!

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    At least she is honest about it which is a rare thing these days.
    Who is honest?

Coronation Street star Shayne Ward has revealed that Carla Connor's comeback storyline is even being kept secret from the cast.

Show bosses recently delighted fans by announcing that Alison King is making a return as Carla, who was last seen in Weatherfield in May 2016.

Shayne's character Aidan will be reunited with his half-sister when Carla arrives back at Christmas, but the actor still has no idea what to expect.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media at a Coronation Street press day, Shayne enthused: "I'm very excited about Carla coming back – we all are. No-one knows what is going to happen when she comes back, and I like that it's a secret.

"For me personally, she is one of the most captivating actresses I've ever watched on screen. She was in my first scene with Ben Price and she just made me feel so relaxed.

"That is what I've loved about my two years of being here at Corrie – as much work as we have to do, every actor makes you feel so relaxed and if I am struggling with how to deliver a certain line, I don't feel embarrassed whereas I would have once.

"I learn every day. Ali helped me with that from the get-go and she helped me a hell of a lot."

Corrie's producer Kate Oates has vowed to take Carla in a new direction when she returns – which will include some unexpected tension with Michelle.

"It's time to break new ground with Carla. I didn't want to put her on that familiar cycle of self-destruction, recovery, followed by more self-destruction," Kate told Radio Times last month.

"What we'll have instead are these two strong Connor women – Carla and Michelle – on opposing sides and in conflict for a change. It'll be a refreshing dynamic for us to see."

Digital Spy

According to Coronation street boss Kate Oates, the character Carla Connor (Alison King) is about to turn all of her wrongs into rights on the highly-rated soap Coronation Street. As a matter of fact, Alsion says that she wants to see her character end her destructive and ongoing tale of misery with a much more uplifting and positive storyline.

As many fans know, Carla has been done wrong one too many times already. And for her, enough is enough already. It’s time for change. Kate told Britain’s Metro.co.uk, “The storyline that we’ve got for Carla will show a different side to her and play a very different tone. I think people might think that it is an interesting choice and wonder why Corrie is playing this. But I’d say to give it a few weeks and months because it does lead into something else and it will make a lot of sense.”
    Of course, fans will have to simply tune in to see what’s in store for Carla. And while Kate has remained rather tight lipped about Carla’s comeback, she did say that if there’s one thing that won’t change for her, it’s her relationship with Roy Cropper. After all, he is the one true friend she’s ever had at home.

Kate added, “The Carla and Roy friendship is sacrosanct and no-one is ever allowed to touch it forever. But I am really happy to be revisiting that and it’s interesting for Johnny because Roy has always been more of a father to Carla and he is in a position now where he is going to have all of his three children in his life for a longer period of time – and I think he is going to get a bit of dad jealousy!”
    Coronation Street airs weeknights on the ITV network. In the meantime, let us know your thoughts by dropping us a line below. Also, don’t forget to check back with Soap Opera Spy for all the latest news, updates and spoilers on Coronation Street and all of your favorite British soaps right here!

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2017/co...e-and-for-all/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-11-2017)

I hope they are not going to make Roy an idiot. It is hardly Roy's style to say something confidential to all as he did yesterday

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-11-2017), parkerman (14-11-2017), Perdita (14-11-2017), tammyy2j (14-11-2017)

Thread Information