Thread: Emmerdale Will Soon Be Blessed

Emmerdale Will Soon Be Blessed

BOOMING Brian Blessed is joining Emmerdale for a couple of episodes. The 70-year-old son of a miner said: “I’m a Yorkshire lad born and bred so it’s great to be coming home to be in such a terrific series.

In the two episodes, which will be screened in February, Brian will be playing a friend of Sandy’s called Joe Jacobs.

Brian said: “I’m a Yorkshire lad born and bred so it’s great to be coming home to be in such a terrific series.

“Also to work with my old chums Shirley Stelfox, Patrick Mower, Chris Chittell and Freddie Jones! What a prospect and what fun!”

Source The Sun

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (11-01-2008)

Definatly time to turn over, if that idiot is joining
    I watched if for the first time in months last night and enjoyed it, but i won't be watching if he is joning

I am so delighted over this. He`s a brilliant actor and can give Emmerdale the boost it desperately needs.

I am looking forward to seeing him there too, I like him.

He was brilliant in Black Adder wasn`t he Perdita.
    Edmund!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    BOOMING Brian Blessed is joining Emmerdale for a couple of episodes. The 70-year-old son of a miner said: “I’m a Yorkshire lad born and bred so it’s great to be coming home to be in such a terrific series.

In the two episodes, which will be screened in February, Brian will be playing a friend of Sandy’s called Joe Jacobs.

Brian said: “I’m a Yorkshire lad born and bred so it’s great to be coming home to be in such a terrific series.

“Also to work with my old chums Shirley Stelfox, Patrick Mower, Chris Chittell and Freddie Jones! What a prospect and what fun!”

Source The Sun
    From the ITV website:

Fri 11 Jan

Emmerdale has announced that veteran actor John Woodvine will make a two-episode cameo later this year.

John will play the role of Joe Jacobs, a friend of Sandy’s, who arrives in the village in February.

John replaces Brian Blessed, who was scheduled to play the role.

An Emmerdale spokesperson said: “Unfortunately Brian was unable to film his scenes due to a last minute clash of schedules. However, we’re thrilled to confirm that the part of Joe will now be played by John Woodvine.”

I have never heard of John Woodvine. What else ahs he been in?
    Shame about Brian though - would loved to have seen him

Thread Information