Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melanie (Tamzin Outhwaite)

Melanie (Tamzin Outhwaite)

Richard Young / Rex Features
    Former EastEnders star Tamzin Outhwaite is expecting a baby with actor husband Tom Ellis.

The actress, who quit BBC drama Hotel Babylon last year, is three months pregnant with the couple's first child.

A friend said: "They are over the moon, it's exactly what they've been hoping for."

Outhwaite, 27, has spoken of her wish to be a mum since tying the knot with Ellis in 2006.

She said: "I don't want to leave it too late, especially as we would like to have more than one child."

She hinted that she would even consider quitting acting to start a family, saying: "My career and ambitions have been fulfilled, and I would be quite happy not to work again and look after the children. I don't really have that burning ambition any more

Congratulations to Tazmin and Tom.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Aw Congrats to them both
    I really Liked her when she was in EE

Congrats to Tamzin!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Congratulations to them both.......

hubby Tom Ellis cheated in her she has spilt from him

mel is returning

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (24-10-2017), Perdita (24-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    mel is returning
    I bet Steve isn't......mind you, this is Eastenders......

EastEnders bosses have announced that Tamzin Outhwaite is returning to the show after nearly 16 years away from her role as Melanie Owen.

The actress will begin filming in the next few weeks and reappear on our screens as Mel in the New Year.

Mel was last seen on the Square in April 2002 and EastEnders chiefs are currently keeping tight-lipped about exactly what brings her back. One thing's for sure, though – her comeback will spark some major drama for Walford's residents.

Speaking about her big return, Tamzin expressed her delight to once again be working with her old boss John Yorke, who's taken charge of EastEnders as creative director.

She explained: "When I got the call from John asking if I would consider coming back to EastEnders, it was something I just couldn't refuse. John created Mel's most memorable storylines so it is an honour that he has asked me to return.

"EastEnders is in my DNA and I always knew deep down that someday I would revisit Mel. She is a strong independent woman with lots more stories to tell. To be stepping back into Mel's shoes nearly 20 years after I first started feels just perfect."

John Yorke added: "Tamzin is one of EastEnders' biggest stars, so it's particularly exciting to welcome her back to Walford for an incredible storyline – one that will awaken a lot of old ghosts, some great memories, and a whole new series of adventures too.

"We're thrilled and flattered to have Tamzin back and we can't wait to reveal just where she's been, and just who Melanie Owen is now."

Mel was an EastEnders regular between 1998 and 2002. During that time, she took centre stage in several memorable storylines, including her doomed Millennium Eve wedding day with Ian Beale and her turbulent relationship with Steve Owen. She was also involved in the iconic 'Who Shot Phil?' plot.

When Mel left in 2002, her life had started to fall apart following Steve's death as she found herself implicated in his drugs scandal.

Resorting to desperate measures at the time, Mel fled the country – losing Phil her £30,000 bail money in the process.

An EastEnders statement teased: "Classy, sassy and fierce, Mel Owen's return to Walford is bound to turn a few heads, as well as tear open old wounds. But with so much history in Albert Square, just why is Mel coming back?"

Since leaving EastEnders, Tamzin has kept busy with a number of TV, film and theatre roles, including Out of Control, Red Cap, New Tricks and Sweet Charity.

From Digital Spy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-10-2017), Ruffed_lemur (25-10-2017)

Is she also connected to Max, Fi etc? And will this mean a quickie divorce for Ian and Jane and Mel will be the next Mrs Beale?

Thread Information