Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Mitchell Brown (Jamie Borthwick)

Did Billy adopt him?

No. Billy said a few episodes ago that if Jay ever wanted to change his name to Mitchell all he had to do was ask, but Jay told him that he already had a name. Cos he loved his dad so much.

Quote Originally Posted by sean slater View Post
    No. Billy said a few episodes ago that if Jay ever wanted to change his name to Mitchell all he had to do was ask, but Jay told him that he already had a name. Cos he loved his dad so much.
    Sounds like he will become a Mitchell in name soon from the spoilers

EastEnders actor Jamie Borthwick has revealed that he has become his Perry Fenwick's on set "lapdog".

The 16-year-old, who plays Jay Mitchell in the BBC soap, told Inside Soap that he has taken to looking after his co-star.

"Perry Fenwick, he's my number one," Borthwick said. "But I'm like his lapdog. I always ask him if he wants a coffee or if I can get him things. But I don't mind with Pel, because he's just my man."

Despite admitting that he is enjoying his character's relationship with Abi Branning, Borthwick joked that he would like to see him date Roxy Mitchell, played by Rita Simons.

"I think Abi and Jay are a good couple," he said. "Jay's a right one - he's already had a crack at Abi's sister Lauren and now he's going for the younger one. He's got an eye for the Branning women.

"I reckon Roxy [would] be a good match for him too - he'd be happy to learn a few things from her, I'm sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    EastEnders actor Jamie Borthwick has revealed that he has become his Perry Fenwick's on set "lapdog".

The 16-year-old, who plays Jay Mitchell in the BBC soap, told Inside Soap that he has taken to looking after his co-star.

"Perry Fenwick, he's my number one," Borthwick said. "But I'm like his lapdog. I always ask him if he wants a coffee or if I can get him things. But I don't mind with Pel, because he's just my man."

Despite admitting that he is enjoying his character's relationship with Abi Branning, Borthwick joked that he would like to see him date Roxy Mitchell, played by Rita Simons.

"I think Abi and Jay are a good couple," he said. "Jay's a right one - he's already had a crack at Abi's sister Lauren and now he's going for the younger one. He's got an eye for the Branning women.

"I reckon Roxy [would] be a good match for him too - he'd be happy to learn a few things from her, I'm sure!"
    Well luckily this is not cougartown!! He's got some cheeck.

Jamie Borthwick has claimed that his EastEnders alter ego Jay Mitchell is well-suited to Lola Pearce.

Over the past few weeks, Jay has been caught up in a love triangle between Lola and on-off girlfriend Abi Branning.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Borthwick outlined his belief that Jay may prefer "fun" Lola over "posh" Abi in the long-term.

"If he had to pick I think it would be Lola, even with the baggage. She's fun, whereas Abi is a bit posh," the actor speculated.

Commenting on the storyline, Borthwick added: "Jay didn't have any women for ages and now two have come along at once! It's like buses!

"It's so hard to act with these two beautiful girls all the time. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it."

When Abi returned to Albert Square in late August, Jay had already grown close to Lola as he helped her support baby Lexi.

Lol, I don't know how they can say Abi is posh. Ok, she might live in a house with her two biological parents, which I'm sure Jay and Lola would have liked, but that hardly makes her posh. Or is this a classic Eastenders attitude that someone who stays in education and wants to do something other than work in the market is posh?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Jay is better with Abi than Lola

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (03-10-2012)

EastEnders teen Jay Brown betrays Abi Branning by kissing another girl later this month.

Jay (Jamie Borthwick) allows his romantic attentions to turn elsewhere following a huge argument with Abi (Lorna Fitzgerald).

Jay gets to know barmaid Kitty
    © BBC
    Jay gets to know barmaid Kitty

Differences between the couple arise when the Square's younger residents head off for their camping trip, during which Abi realises she might be pregnant.

Jay is immediately supportive of Abi and the idea of raising a baby, but he's soon left horrified when his girlfriend explains that she'll be having a termination if a pregnancy test confirms her fears.

It's clear that the pair want different things and as the tension between them escalates, Jay ends up drowning his sorrows alone at a pub.

Jay then becomes increasingly tipsy with flirtatious barmaid Kitty (Chloe May-Cuthill), who had already been on a date with Dexter earlier in the trip.

Kitty is taken by surprise as Jay kisses her, but will Abi or Dexter ever find out?

Jay kisses Kitty
    © BBC
    Jay kisses Kitty

EastEnders airs these scenes on Thursday, August 29 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Is Jamie Borthwick (Jay) leaving?

Thread Information