Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Mitchell Brown (Jamie Borthwick)

Jay Mitchell Brown (Jamie Borthwick)

EASTENDERS is to screen one of its most shocking storylines ever – when teenager Jay Brown is brutally stabbed by a gang of hoodies.

The mouthy 13-year-old is left fighting for life after thugs start to terrorise Albert Square.

Over the coming weeks, the gang will begin to target Walford stalwart Dot Cotton.

According to a show insider, their behaviour becomes increasingly aggressive and Jay – played by Jamie Borthwick, 14 – joins up.

But the tearaway ends up a victim, with the audience worrying if he will pull through.

Although the BBC1 soap has featured stabbings before, the attack on Jay will be the first teenage gang-related attack.

News of the storyline comes just days after another teenager was stabbed to death in London as a result of gang violence.

The show insider said: “This is easily one of the most shocking and controversial storylines EastEnders has ever done. It is not a decision bosses have taken lightly, but it is an issue that is top of the news agenda.

“We’re going to tread very carefully – it won’t be gratuitous. The plan is to screen the episodes in the usual slots before the watershed.

“Hopefully by showing the suffering gang violence can cause, some people may think twice about getting involved.”
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle661746.ece

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Florijo For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-01-2008), sam23 (15-01-2008)

i think this is a bold move by EE but hope it is handled correctly consider the increasing number of attacks on teenager around the whole of the UK
    Super Mod

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I think this will be a great story line, lets hope that EE does it correctly..I guess that means Jase will still be around for a while longer.

If Eastenders handles this well I think it'll be a very good storyline, I like how they pick up current problems not just have divorces and affairs all the time
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

This is a really good story to get the ratings back up. Jaime's a good actor can't to see how this turns out. I really hope he doesn't die there is too much potential in his character.

I heard this, I think it would be very good, but they need to be careful they dont make it too violent

I also think that they should show how the gang members get arrested and put in jail, with the keys thrown away, otherwise teenies in gangs might think that their actions are being made look good on TV.

It;s be good to see JAmie in this as a proper storyline rather then being a mouthy teen which has been his main role. I think this is a brave move, but i am sure it will be handled properly.

poor jay! he's a sweet little kid! dont like the thought of that storyline

With the increase of this happening in real life, I am not surprised one of the soaps introduced it in the story lines. Should make uncomfortable viewing for quite a lot of people, I think.

Thread Information