Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamma Mia - The Movie

Mamma Mia - The Movie

I'm so excited about this, roll on summer 2008. I saw the stage production of this last summer and was amazing and from this trailer it looks just as good.

"MAMMA MIA!" SYNOPSIS
    Meryl Streep leads an all-star cast in the feature-film adaptation of the beloved musical that has been seen by more than 30 million people in 160 cities and 8 languages around the world. Bringing the timeless lyrics and melodies of iconic super group ABBA to movie audiences, Summer 2008 is the season for Mamma Mia!

The three women who created the worldwide smash stage hit—global producer Judy Craymer, writer Catherine Johnson and director Phyllida Lloyd—repeat their roles in bringing this joyful, musical story to the big screen. The Mamma Mia! film is produced by Judy Craymer and Gary Goetzman.

Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgård, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters, Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper join Streep in this celebration of a mother, a daughter and three possible dads.

An independent, single mother who owns a small hotel on an idyllic Greek island, Donna (Streep) is about to let go of Sophie (Amanda Seyfried), the spirited daughter she’s raised alone. For Sophie’s wedding, Donna has invited her two lifelong best girlfriends—practical and no-nonsense Rosie (Julie Walters) and wealthy, multi-divorcee Tanya (Christine Baranski)—from her one-time backing band, Donna and the Dynamos. But Sophie has secretly invited three guests of her own.

On a quest to find the identity of her father to walk her down the aisle, she brings back three men from Donna’s past to the Mediterranean paradise they visited 20 years earlier. Over 24 chaotic, magical hours, new love will bloom and old romances will be rekindled on this lush island full of possibilities.

Inspired by the storytelling magic of ABBA’s songs from “Dancing Queen” and “S.O.S.” to “Money, Money, Money” and “Take a Chance on Me,” Mamma Mia! is a celebration of mothers and daughters, old friends and new family found.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Footie_Chick For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (06-01-2008)

ooo Im excited, havent seen the show yet but still

this just looks brilliant and i cant wait for it to come out. the storyline looks great but even better with the abba music! i will be singing along!
    POOKIE

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzhxHsqQvsI"]YouTube - The New Mamma Mia! Trailer[/ame]

i cant wait to see this next week! heard a lot about it on tv/radio. it does look really bad, but i dont care becuase i love ABBA, it's worth going just to sing a long to all the songs. i've been in an ABBA mood for the past few days, just singing the songs around the house
    Last edited by Bryan; 15-07-2008 at 14:59.

oh dear, just browsing youtube and came across this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hITSFgZTr4&feature=related"]YouTube - MAMMA MIA! The Movie: S.O.S. (HQ)[/ame]

Peirce Brosnan sounds awful!!!

omg i never realised Julie Walters was in this! she's one of my favourite actresses ever!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1d2Xci8qMM&feature=related"]YouTube - Mamma Mia! The Movie - Take A Chance On Me (video)[/ame]

she looks great in this! laughed so much when I just saw this

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    oh dear, just browsing youtube and came across this:

YouTube - MAMMA MIA! The Movie: S.O.S. (HQ)

Peirce Brosnan sounds awful!!!
    Lol I heard that on the radio the other day
    Last edited by Abbie; 15-07-2008 at 15:35.

Didn't realise until today that Amanda Seyfried from Mean Girls is in it! - The one who plays the really dumb girl.
    Can't wait to go see it
    Last edited by Hollie-x; 15-07-2008 at 15:40.
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    Didn't realise until today that Amanda Seyfried from Mean Girls is in it! - The one who plays the really dumb girl.
    Can't wait to go see it
    Omg really?

it. is. brilliant........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information