Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Kat's Art

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    What kind of animation is it? Do you want a moving picture like the Jake/Chrissie kissing ones I did, or just to go from one picture to a different one?
    like the kissing ones, sorry didn;t explain that very well!

You need a still picture of each frame of the clip. So load the clip up in WMM, move through it frame by frame, saving each frame. It will save them as jpegs. Don't change the names, cos it'll number them automatically.

Open up Photoshop, and open up your jpegs (if you have a lot of frames it might be best to do this in batchs of ten, so you don't get confused with 50 odd documents open.) Starting with Frame1, copy it, open a new document and paste. Then paste each picture into this document in order, each on a new layer obviously.

Jump over to Image Ready (Control+Shift+M). This is where it might get confusing if you haven't used Image Ready before (don't know if you have or not)

To make a new frame in your animation, click the button marked in red.

On each new frame you can change which layers show up. So on each new frame, you make visible the next layer. (On this one my first frame was just basically a white square so you can tell when the animation has finished.)

To change the speed of the animation, click the arrow under each frame. If you do this on your first frame, each time you click new frame it'll be the same length as the last. You want each frames delay to be "No delay."

Then click the arrow next to where it says "Forever," on my screencap up there, and make sure "Forever," is selected. That'll mean the animation repeats itself instead of playing once and then stopping.

So there's your animation in a box.

To get it into a banner. First -- make your banner. Then instead of pasting the pictures into a new document in photoshop, paste them into your banner layer. Line them all up, and move them where you want them in the banner. Then just move over to Image Ready and do the same as before, only you want your banner as the bottom layer (so all the animation pictures are on top of it) and it needs to be visible on each frame.

There are other things you can do: If you want to change the colouring of the animation, then you need to do the exact same colouring steps to each picture, before pasting it into your document. This is where actions come in handy. If you want to fade the animation in or out, you need to change the opacity of the beginning and end frames. And if you want it to blend into your banner, I do that with layer masks and grouped layers.

Ask if you want any of those steps explained in depth, or if the above steps make no sense. If you want a indepth tutorial with pictures etc though it'll probably have to wait until Tuesday afternoon at the earliest, cos of exams.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    You need a still picture of each frame of the clip. So load the clip up in WMM, move through it frame by frame, saving each frame. It will save them as jpegs. Don't change the names, cos it'll number them automatically.

Open up Photoshop, and open up your jpegs (if you have a lot of frames it might be best to do this in batchs of ten, so you don't get confused with 50 odd documents open.) Starting with Frame1, copy it, open a new document and paste. Then paste each picture into this document in order, each on a new layer obviously.

Jump over to Image Ready (Control+Shift+M). This is where it might get confusing if you haven't used Image Ready before (don't know if you have or not)

To make a new frame in your animation, click the button marked in red.

On each new frame you can change which layers show up. So on each new frame, you make visible the next layer. (On this one my first frame was just basically a white square so you can tell when the animation has finished.)

To change the speed of the animation, click the arrow under each frame. If you do this on your first frame, each time you click new frame it'll be the same length as the last. You want each frames delay to be "No delay."

Then click the arrow next to where it says "Forever," on my screencap up there, and make sure "Forever," is selected. That'll mean the animation repeats itself instead of playing once and then stopping.

So there's your animation in a box.

To get it into a banner. First -- make your banner. Then instead of pasting the pictures into a new document in photoshop, paste them into your banner layer. Line them all up, and move them where you want them in the banner. Then just move over to Image Ready and do the same as before, only you want your banner as the bottom layer (so all the animation pictures are on top of it) and it needs to be visible on each frame.

There are other things you can do: If you want to change the colouring of the animation, then you need to do the exact same colouring steps to each picture, before pasting it into your document. This is where actions come in handy. If you want to fade the animation in or out, you need to change the opacity of the beginning and end frames. And if you want it to blend into your banner, I do that with layer masks and grouped layers.

Ask if you want any of those steps explained in depth, or if the above steps make no sense. If you want a indepth tutorial with pictures etc though it'll probably have to wait until Tuesday afternoon at the earliest, cos of exams.

Right i think i get that will have a go! Thankies honey! *hug* xxx

Fab art

Thread Information