Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sally's Blog

Sally's Blog
    What happened in the week November 26 to November 30 (episodes 4556 - 4560)

Hello Everyone,

Matilda and Ric's relationship has really hit rock bottom, and it doesn't look like they will be able to work things out. I heard that Mattie is getting quite cosy with Simon, Aden's brother! I'm not sure if this is an attempt to make Ric jealous or just a way to take her mind off Ric? In my opinion it is too soon for her to move in to another relationship. I hope she treads carefully and doesn't get too involved too soon. She's still hurting from the fallout with Ric.

Ric is devastated Mattie has moved on so soon. I heard through the grapevine that Mattie blurted out to Ric (out of anger) that she'd slept with Simon. I know Ric would have been very hurt by this. Although he did bring it on himself I must say, he really created such a mess with this Viv woman. We really do hurt the ones we love! Ric isn't acting himself at all. He just seems so upset by the breakup. He's solemn and dispondent. Preferring to spend long periods of time on his own in silence. I hope he's ok. I did hear that Viv is pregnant. I'm not sure how true this is as it hasn't come from Ric but Mattie seems absolutely enraged about something. I hope not, that would really put an end to their relationship for good. I couldn't see Mattie accepting this. She will not want to continue her dreams with Ric with him already a father. Not the way it has happened anyway.

Ric found out that Simon was to be the prosecutor's star witness in the case against Cassie. Luckily Simon saw sense, thanks to the persistence of Mattie, and got up on the witness stand and told the truth. We are so relieved that Cassie was let off the hook, her whole future would have been ruined. Maybe this Simon guy isn't so bad for Mattie after all. We'll see. I would prefer it if her and Ric patched things up though, I love them both to pieces.

There have been quite a bit of stress in Summer Bay of late, first the car crash and everything that went down with Cassie and then Rachel found a note on her car windscreen from what looks to be the attacker. This is really worrying for her and for all of us. Rachel told me there is not enough evidence to link anyone to the case and the only protection Rachel can get is a little more security around the hospital. I know where the police are coming from but for a woman on her own it's one of the worst things to feel, she must be a nervous wreck. It's like she's being hunted. It gives me the creeps. We have to be extra careful and not let her go anywhere unattended. But Rachel is so independent and use to getting by on her own! What worries me, and Rachel too, is that this person seems to know intimate details about her life. The person is someone who is around her and everyone that comes in to her space she sees as a threat.

Henk has turned up unexpectedly. Cassie is over the moon and it's great to see her so happy after all the heartache she has been through but I just wish it wasn't Henk that was making her feel this way. I can only see trouble brewing. Apparently Henk confessed his undying love for her and the two are intent on staying together and making it work. I tried to warn Rachel before she bumped in to Henk herself but I was too late. With the recent miscarriage and the unnerving notes, seeing Henk is the last thing Rachel needed. I told Henk and Cassie not to come to the pre-wedding BBQ and they did do the right thing and stayed away out of respect for Jack and Sam, and Rachel. I did give Henk and Cassie a key to one of the caravans, only because it's better Cassie stays close so I can keep an eye on things.

The BBQ was lovely. It was a really happy gathering. It was a chance to see Dan off too. It will be sad not having him around the Bay. When it was time to say goodbye Leah was quite emotional. It must be hard for her but she has been putting on a very brave face. Roman seems to have made a good impression on everyone too. He got right in there cooking the steaks and helping out. I'm not sure Irene is overly keen on him but I think her reasons are less to do with Roman and more to do with Leah leaving. He seems like a great guy to me.

Oh and poor Sam copped an elbow in the nose, by Jack of all people. I think it was on all of our minds that this could be a bad omen but she was OK. Rachel was on hand to reduce any bruising thankfully.

After all the dramas of the week the wedding was absolutely beautiful I must say. The girls looked stunning in their bridesmaid's dresses. The green silk halter-neck dresses were so pretty. And Sam, well she just looked gorgeous as a bride. With all the fiasco surrounding the dress it was just beautiful. She was so worried Martha would ruin it all for her, but she didn't in the end. It all worked out perfectly.

I do know that Martha could have thrown a spanner in the works. But she didn't, which I think was a wise choice on her part. Many hearts would have been broken if the marriage didn't go through, including little Rory's. We've had enough hearts breaking in Summer Bay of late. We all need some good old fashioned fairy tales back in the Bay and Sam and Jack have just started theirs together. At last! It's nice to see Jack happy, I think he had a lot of pre-wedding nerves but he looks very content now.

I did hear Dom is back in town. I really think Belle should keep well clear. But he is hurt apparently. I don't know what's going on between them all, Belle, Drew and Dom, but it doesn't seem good whatever it is. Belle and Drew are so on edge.

Well it's been a long week and I'm exhausted. Let's prey Rachel stays safe and this attacker is caught soon.

Now I must start writing my Christmas cards, otherwise they will never get to England on time.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and thank you for all your emails.

See you in January.

Love, Sally.
    Thanks CrazyLea

This week is the season finale so next week's episodes are from this year in Aus. We find out who Milco is (if you haven't been watching the eps at aus pace) and loads of other stuff.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Sally's Blog
    What happened in the week Monday 4th February to Friday 8th February (episode 4566 to 4570)

It's been drama as usual down at Summer Bay with everyone on high alert as news got around that Reverend Hall had escaped from hospital. How he escaped is beyond me? He was restrained in his hospital bed and under police guard! It seems someone may have helped him. I can't see how he could have gotten himself out of the restraints, unless of course he is Houdini! But all jokes aside... it was really worrying for all of us to hear he was prowling around out there in the dark considering his mental health.

And Annie went looking for him. Silly girl. When someone has a mental health problem it's too dangerous to try to intervene if you have no knowledge of the disease you are dealing with. She put herself in grave danger by doing that. She is so innocent and thinks the best of people, but Reverend Hall is sick and not the man she once knew. He could have really hurt her, or worse still, but I can't even bare to think about that! Thankfully, Roman and Geoff knew where to find them. And by the sounds of things they got to her just in time, she was in a car with Reverend Hall on the headland. It could have turned really ugly up there, but apparently Geoff and Roman were really brave and stopped Reverend Hall from going over the edge.

On a good note, Leah told me Tony took Rachel out to dinner at a beautiful restaurant in Sydney. Wow, I never expected those two to be a match. I really want to see Rachel in love and with someone who will do the right thing by her. And Tony is such a good man, he'd never hurt her. He's as sturdy as a rock. I guess that comes with age and being sure of yourself and your place in the world. I hope she doesn't worry about the age difference between them, I think a more mature man will be good for her. It's funny though, I thought she was interested in Roman? There seemed to be some pretty hot chemistry going on there. Everyone's noticed it. Maybe Rachel's taking the more cautious path these days when it comes to relationships!

Talking about Rachel, on her suggestion I decided to see my counsellor again. I've been really confused about why I am feeling drawn to Miles - a man I barely know. And lately I've been feeling like I'm going a bit crazy with the whole "Milco" scenario. I've been given homework to do, I have to keep a journal. My counsellor also gave me some good advice. I need to step back a bit from situations and look at them from a different angle, instead of always assuming the worst.

And when it comes to Cassie I do sometimes always presume the worst. Miles told me he walked in on an intimate moment in van six where Henk and Cassie are staying. I told him not to worry, it's only Cassie and Henk. But then Miles later pointed out Martha as being the girl in the caravan, I was absolutely enraged. How could she? To Cassie? I wouldn't put it past Henk but Martha? I had to confront her. She promised me nothing was going on between them and asked me not to say anything to anyone. I'm going to keep quiet on this one for the moment and take a moment to step back and think about this. Maybe there is a logical explanation. I will take my counsellor's advice and not presume the worst, just yet!

I decided to talk to Miles about how I feel. I needed to know if he felt a connection between us too. And he does... but he's not sure how to explain it either! Whatever the connection is he feels safe enough with me to open up about some deeply painful things which have happened to him in his life. He lost his wife and daughter in the Boxing Day tsunami! It broke my heart hearing of his pain. I can really empathise with him having lost Flynn, but losing your own child... I find it hard to breath just thinking about it. No wonder he's been on the road for so long. Maybe that's why we have this bond? We both understand the profound pain associated with losing someone you love?

There was something he said which left me completely bewildered, he told me his name is Miles Copeland, and then he said.... "Milco"!

But then we were interrupted and I had to go book someone in to a caravan for the night - and I haven't seen Miles since. I just don't know why he said that or how he could possibly know anything about my imaginary friend from childhood?

Speak to you all next week. With Love.

Sally.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information