Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008

FROM ITV.COM

As we head into the new year, let’s take a sneak peek at some of the exciting storylines coming up on the cobbles early in 2008.

Most of us already know that tragedy strikes early in the year when Vera Duckworth dies. Vera has been part of the show for 33 years and fans can expect a tearful farewell to a true Street legend. Join us in the Departures Lounge in January as we say goodbye to one of Soap’s best-loved characters.

As Jack copes with Vera’s shock death, Tyrone and Paul agree to become friends. But will the New Year bring a new side to Paul?

Elsewhere, one street-fighting man is charged with assault and is locked up in jail. And another man flies away in search of a loved one.

Meanwhile, Jason and Becky grow close. Is it romance - or is Jason on the rebound?

The new bookies cause a stir with the ladies of the Street, but which one will Dan manage to chat up, Kelly, Leanne or perhaps Michelle? Look lively, Steve.

In the Rovers, Michelle is in turmoil when she meets up with Ryan’s real dad, but it seems there’s more distress just around the corner for the popular barmaid.

It’s no secret that Jenny Platt and Rupert Hill are leaving the show in 2008, but will Violet and Jamie leaving the Street with the baby, or without it?

And the best news by far for 2008 is that David Platt eventually gets a girlfriend. Yes, you read that right.

Tina McIntyre comes to our screens on Monday, 7th January, but you’ll be able to catch her first on itv.com in her Arrivals Lounge. You’ll be able to find out everything you need to know about the girl who will tame David Platt… or will she?

So i'll take it ryan isn't michelle's son. if she meets up with his real dad!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubblegum For This Useful Post:

bakedbean (28-12-2007), sam23 (15-01-2008)

Michelle is trying to digest the life changing news that she isn't Ryans biological mum.. and while the teenager makes it clear he wants nothing to do with his real family Michelle feels drawn towards her true son Alex Neeson..

Kevin Gets 28 days in prison...

Source Inside soap

Elsewhere, one street-fighting man is charged with assault and is locked up in jail.
    Could that be Jim perhaps? Or Kevin maybe?

Ok I just read Pinkies post....looks like it is Kevin - poor thing.
    Stupid move on John Stapes part reporting Kev to the police. He could lose his teaching job if Sally has anything to do with it.

Has John left now? YEsterday he went to stay with a mate and he hasn't really got anything to come back for now has he? Surely Fizz won't forgive him.

Its funny because towards the end of Johns stay in Corrie i started to like him. Cant wait for Veras tearful goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Has John left now? YEsterday he went to stay with a mate and he hasn't really got anything to come back for now has he? Surely Fizz won't forgive him.
    I think John has another talk to Fizz soon.

i really hope fiz doesnt give him another chance
    Maisie Mouse

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Bryan (28-12-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-tmas View Post
    Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
    couldn't have put it better myself Chris!

it seems the tables of turns, Eastenders is back on form and Corrie is getting rubbish again, but this is how it works with soaps.

Thread Information