Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Alex Ali Neeson

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Not being killed off, could pop back to visit Ryan ever so often... no loss in my opinion, no decent storylines lately for him
    either way no loss

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mysangry (22-02-2020), Perdita (20-02-2020)

Departing Coronation Street star James Burrows has landed a new role after leaving the cobbles as Ali Neeson.

The actor is due to bow out as the doctor on the soap after two years, with his final scenes due to air this week.

However, it seems that James is keeping busy beyond Corrie, with the star revealing that he will be appearing alongside Jack O'Connell in Shaun Ryder biopic Twisting My Melon.

"Work's good, there's a lot of stuff going on at the minute," he revealed to the Talk Derby to Me podcast. "Obviously Coronation Street, I've got a few other things, coming up in the near future which is very exciting.

"I've got the film, Twisting My Melon, which I'm going to do in March - got pushed back a little bit, but I believe it's happening in March.

"I've got a few exciting meetings going on," James added, joking: "I can't say too much, it's highly confidential!"

Speaking earlier this week about leaving Corrie, James explained: "I've had a fantastic few years on Coronation Street. Ali is such a flawed character and so much has happened to him. To play such a complex character with so many flaws has been great.

"At the heart of it, though he was a good guy, he wanted to settle down and have a family, but his upbringing and family history really meant that he had a lot of issues.

"As an actor, that sort of character is great to play and I got to work with some amazing actors. But I came into acting to play different roles and explore a variety of characters, so the time has come for me to move on."

Digital Spy

About time

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Departing Coronation Street star James Burrows has landed a new role after leaving the cobbles as Ali Neeson.

The actor is due to bow out as the doctor on the soap after two years, with his final scenes due to air this week.

However, it seems that James is keeping busy beyond Corrie, with the star revealing that he will be appearing alongside Jack O'Connell in Shaun Ryder biopic Twisting My Melon.

"Work's good, there's a lot of stuff going on at the minute," he revealed to the Talk Derby to Me podcast. "Obviously Coronation Street, I've got a few other things, coming up in the near future which is very exciting.

"I've got the film, Twisting My Melon, which I'm going to do in March - got pushed back a little bit, but I believe it's happening in March.

"I've got a few exciting meetings going on," James added, joking: "I can't say too much, it's highly confidential!"

Speaking earlier this week about leaving Corrie, James explained: "I've had a fantastic few years on Coronation Street. Ali is such a flawed character and so much has happened to him. To play such a complex character with so many flaws has been great.

"At the heart of it, though he was a good guy, he wanted to settle down and have a family, but his upbringing and family history really meant that he had a lot of issues.

"As an actor, that sort of character is great to play and I got to work with some amazing actors. But I came into acting to play different roles and explore a variety of characters, so the time has come for me to move on."

Digital Spy
    glad he is leaving. I wish he would take daniel too. I was glad when sinead left but they keep bringing her back in some form.

Thread Information