Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Ali Neeson

Coronation Street spoilers: Violent scenes as killer Ali Neeson is attacked

Coronation Street’s doctor of death Ali Neeson is set to find himself on the receiving end of a vicious attack when he foolishly picks a fight with two well built bikers as his path to self destruction sees him hit rock bottom. Ali continues to be overwhelmed by sleepless nights and guilt surrounding drug dealer Ronan’s death and so as a means to try and cope, he talks Moira Pollock into letting him access the surgery, where he helps himself to anti-depressants. Later, he hits the bottle and ends up in the bistro and after he starts flirting with Ryan Connor’s girlfriend Bethany Platt, Ryan squares up to him as Michelle and Robert arrive back. As Ali storms out in a temper, Ryan soon makes a discovery after talking to Robert.

Michelle has gone after Ali but as he sinks more booze, he tells her to leave him alone and he stumbles outside. He finds the two bikers outside the tattoo parlour and deliberately antagonises them into a fight in which he inevitably comes off worse.

Ryan arrives to see Ali receiving a beating and intervenes and Michelle is shocked by the injuries. But will Ryan be there to support Ali as his behaviour spirals out of control?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/12/coron...acked-8070775/

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post
    If Ryan goes to the police, surely the future for Ali will be out of medicine which will annoy me to no end.

There were so many other storylines they could have Ali work with. His relationship with Michelle/Ryan, his biological parents., a romance, his progress as a doctor etc. If they decide to throw James Burrows under the bus I will not forgive them! He deserves better and Ali as a doctor on the show makes him a unique and exciting character for the show.
    I think his medical career is over which is a shame

Coronation Street's James Burrows warns Ali Neeson could be the next Pat Phelan

He teases some dangerous consequences when Ali's killer secret is exposed.

Coronation Street could soon have another serial killer on its hands in the mould of Pat Phelan, according to Ali Neeson actor James Burrows.

Ali is already moving in the direction of cold-blooded killing after finishing off the drug dealer Ronan Truman in brutal scenes last month — but that crime was, at least, in protection of his family.

Chatting to The Sun, James Burrows admitted that it's entirely possible that Ali could eventually cross the line once again if his darker impulses were to eventually take hold.

"He's not coping very well at the minute," the actor said. "I don't know what they've got planned for me in the future, but I'd like to say Ali could put the murder to the back of his mind and move forward.

"But who knows with Coronation Street? I might be going back there and they'll tell me I'm the new Phelan."

The actor was quick to defend Ali's killing of Ronan because it was in protection of his loved ones — and, let's face it, the gangster wasn't exactly a nice guy anyway.

"I think he did this for the right reasons, and I'd say that, in real life, if one of my friends killed someone because they were protecting their own, if they were protecting their family, that's how it goes, isn't it? I'd probably shake their hand," Burrows said.

Burrows will soon be taking a break from the cobbles when Ryan Connor (Ryan Prescott) threatens to expose his secret to the police, but Burrows assures fans that his character won't be going to jail for Ronan's murder.

"He's just lying low for a bit," the actor explained. "He's just going to chill out for a bit, and sort his head out."

The star is taking a break from the ITV soap after recently announcing that he's going to be welcoming a baby with his girlfriend in the months ahead.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...xt-pat-phelan/

I can only hope that the above is just fuel for more possiblity in drama and doesn't actually happen.

Again, i say it all the time it seems but Ali will be a totally wasted character.

there's not a word that can express how disappointing it is that the writers have turned Ali into a killer. He had lots of potential for the show as a doctor. Interesting to see how you turn it around for him!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

parkerman (19-11-2018), tammyy2j (20-11-2018)

Coronation Street killer Ali Neeson secretly steals medication tonight (November 19) as he struggles to get his life back on track.

Ali (James Burrows) has been wrestling with a guilty conscience ever since he killed gangster Ronan Truman last month.

In tonight's double bill, Ali resorts to drastic measures after enduring another sleepless night at his family's flat.

Even though he's still suspended from his doctor duties, Ali heads back to the medical centre and cons Moira Pollock (Louiza Patikas) into letting him into the surgery to collect some notes.

Although Moira is fooled by his cover story, Ali's true intentions becomes clear when he steals some anti-depressants without anyone knowing.

Later on, Ali continues to behave erratically by flirting with Ryan Connor's girlfriend Bethany Platt at the Bistro, causing a fight between the two guys.

After this tense encounter, self-destructive Ali goes a step further by picking a fight with two burly bikers outside the tattoo parlour, earning himself a brutal beating in the alleyway.

With concern for Ali growing, can his family get him to see sense or is his downward spiral only just beginning?

Digital Spy

Well I have to say I am contemplating giving up watching when James Burrows has his break.

Ali had such potential and they had to screw it up by making him a killer. The aftermath storyline hasn't helped. Stealing, fighting etc. It's nothing more than character assassination. Heaven only knows why they have done this.

Aside from Ali, the next character that I am interested in is Adam who doesn't seem to be doing much.

Do we know if this is the time James Burrows is on leave? it was reported he was having a break from the show. Have we heard if Ali is coming back yet?

Ali's not in any of the spoilers. It seems like they've made him a killer and now don't know what to do to redeem the character.

Is he still working in the Bistro? He told he could return to the hospital if he wanted to .

Looks like James Burrows returned back to set before christmas

Coronation Street's Ali Neeson is finally returning after weeks off screen
    At last!

Coronation Street finally brings back Ali Neeson next week after a long on-screen absence.

Ali (James Burrows) hasn't featured on screen for the past few months, leaving fans confused over where he'd disappeared to.

The doctor was at the centre of one of the show's biggest shock twists last year, as he killed gangster Ronan Truman to stop the villain from targeting his family.

Ali went into a downward spiral afterwards as he struggled with his guilt following his murderous move, but the plot was put on hold when he stopped appearing on screen.

Coronation Street's official website has confirmed that we'll see Ali again next week, as he makes a big decision about his future.

Fed up life at the Bistro, Ali announces that he's heading back to work in the medical profession. But is he really ready after everything he went through last year?

Ali's reappearance comes just as the show has confirmed a surprise exit for his on-screen mum Michelle Connor.

Kym Marsh has announced that she's taking a break from Corrie and will be bowing out later this year.

Kym said yesterday: "When I was lucky enough to be offered four episodes on Coronation Street I could never in my wildest dreams have thought I’d be here thirteen years later.

"It’s been an incredibly difficult decision but it feels like the right time for me to take a break from the show and explore some other roles.

"But this isn’t the last you’ve heard of Michelle Connor, she’ll be back! I can’t wait to see what the writers have in store for the future."

Coronation Street airs Ali's decision on Monday, March 4 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...son-returning/

Thread Information