Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Ali Neeson

does ali let ronan die or finish him off?

I can only think that this will happen:

Michelle confronts Ronan (Trailer's "Come on then")
    Ronan pulls out a gun
    Ali (who is in the background of this scene with Ryan) rushes over to help protect Michelle
    Ali and Ronan get physical and the gun goes off with Ronan being shot

This way Ali won't become a villain.

Coronation Street demonstrated tonight how to ruin a character with a lot of potential with Ali

Coronation Street spoilers: James Burrows reveals all as Ali Neeson becomes a killer

Ali Neeson has always been a closed book with viewers not altogether sure what makes him tick and what exactly he is capable of. But the Coronation Street doctor has proven tonight that he will do anything to protect his family – as he caused the death of drug dealer Ronan by pulling out a stake that was lodged in his stomach. This led to him bledding to death but James Burrows, who plays the brooding GP, has insisted that his alter ego isn’t a killer in the same mould as Pat Phelan. He told metro.co.uk: ‘He’s a doctor, he’s a good lad and with a good upbringing. I think he had to make that decision to protect his family but the aftermath is haunting him – he’s going through a lot of stuff and you’ll see it affect him emotionally. It’s going to be a huge, emotional rollercoaster – we’ll see him go through a whole process, it’s going to be a big one! When I got told the story, I understood it as a hard decision for him to make but he had to make that sacrifice.’ It won’t just be Ali who is affected by this. James reckons it will knock Michelle for six – but she will also understand in time. He mused: ‘I think it could be played both ways – she will probably freak out but deep down, as a person, she would understand and respect him in that way.’

But what about Ryan? Could Ali blame him for all of this? James replied: ‘I think so, yeah. He’s worked very hard to become a doctor – it’s taken him years. It’s ruined him that he’s been suspended so there will be a lot more conflict between him and Ryan and it will be interesting.’ Hit play on our video to hear James also talk about filming the stunt, ponder who could be a love interest for Ali and discuss who he wants to film more scenes with in the show.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/12/coron...iller-8006022/

This might possibly relate to a redemption storyline so Ali can go back to being a doctor and we can forget this stupid storyline?

Prepare to say goodbye to Dr Ali

BURROWING AWAY Coronation Street star James Burrows is taking a break from the soap

The onscreen doctor has stopped filming and won’t be returning to work until December

CORONATION Street star James Burrows is taking a break from the soap.

The onscreen doctor has stopped filming and won’t be returning to work until December.

Viewers this week saw him involved in a dramatic car chase with castmates Kym Marsh and Ryan Prescott.

James said: “I’ve got a little bit of time off from work. I’ve got about a month and a half off. I’m going to chill out a bit and have some time with my family.

Viewers this week saw him involved in a dramatic car chase with castmates Kym Marsh and Ryan Prescott.

James said: “I’ve got a little bit of time off from work. I’ve got about a month and a half off. I’m going to chill out a bit and have some time with my family.

James’ character Dr Ali Connor, the son of Kym’s role Michelle, was part of the emotional storyline involving her and Ryan.

It came after Ryan’s friend Cormac Trueman died in his flat after a drug overdose.

Ryan initially lied to the police about not ringing an ambulance straight away for Ronan's son Cormac.

But Sophie changed her story so Ronan was furious when he found out the truth.

Michelle tried to appeal to Ronan’s better nature and visits him at Cormac’s wake.

She tells him that Ryan was just trying to protect Cormac as he was worried he’d get into trouble for having drugs on him.

But Cormac isn’t buying it and Michelle leaves, before telling Ryan and Ali that they should ask for police protection.

They don’t even get that far though as Ronan gives chase in his car, shortly before Michelle’s engine cuts out.

There’s a huge car crash and – as Ryan stumbles out of the vehicle – Ronan takes aim and drives straight at him.

Despite James’ role as the responsible doctor including his part in this week’s recent plot where he treated his bloodied brother and Ronan as well as Leanne Battersby, he admits he’s squeamish.

James said: “If I start bleeding now I’d pass out. I hate it. I hate blood. If I really gash my arm I can’t deal with it.

“If I have my blood taken I have to look away.

“Needles I’m OK with as I’ve got a lot of tattoos.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...box=1539375147

ali could come close to leanne, bond over all this

Really annoyed with what the writers have done to Ali - he should be a doctor in the hospital saving lives not being tormented because he killed someone. Ruined a character with such potential!

Michelle is horrible about Ali - I hope she realises what he has done to protect her and Ryan. Put him back in the hospital and keep him!! Do not turn him into a serial killer!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

emerald (17-10-2018), Glen1 (18-10-2018), helena1414 (20-10-2018), lizann (18-10-2018), Perdita (16-10-2018), tammyy2j (18-10-2018)

I hate how Michelle calls Ali and Ryan brothers, Ali needs to make up with his parents and forget Michelle

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (18-10-2018), helena1414 (20-10-2018), lizann (18-10-2018), Perdita (18-10-2018)

Coronation Street's Ali Neeson to meet the mother of his murder victim

Can he cope under the pressure?

Coronation Street's Ali Neeson will come face-to-face with Ronan Truman's grieving mother next week.

Ali is struggling to carry on as normal after making the dark decision to kill Ronan at the scene of the Connor family's recent car crash.

Just when Ali thought he couldn't feel more terrible over what happened, next week's episodes will see Ronan's mum make an appearance on the cobbles.

The new guest character will be looking for an explanation over what really happened at the crash site, which could push Ali to breaking point as the pressure mounts.

Revealing the latest spoilers on its official website, Corrie teased: "Will Ali crack under the pressure when Ronan's mother arrives looking for answers? And how will Robert react when Ali's conscience catches up with him?"

Last week's episodes saw Ali confess everything to his mum Michelle Connor, who agreed to protect his secret.

Michelle then told Robert half of the story, claiming that Ali chose not to give Ronan treatment after the crash.

James Burrows, who plays Ali, recently told Digital Spy: "I've really enjoyed doing this storyline. It's been an emotional rollercoaster. I don't know what they've got in store for me next year. I don't know if Ali is going to be the new mass murderer, or if it's going to be a one-off.

"There was a reason that Ali did this – it was to protect his family."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...truman-mother/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

emerald (23-10-2018)

I hope the show listens to James Burrows . "I don't really want to be the new mass murderer on Corrie, but I'm excited to see what they write for me."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...serial-killer/

Coronation Street star James Burrows responds to Ali Neeson serial killer speculation

Could he strike again?

Coronation Street star James Burrows has admitted that he doesn't want his character Ali Neeson to be the show's next serial killer.

Fans have been wondering whether Ali is being lined up as a new Weatherfield villain after he killed gangster Ronan Truman earlier this month.

Ali made his murderous move to prevent any more revenge attempts from Ronan, who was out for blood after the tragic drugs death of his son Cormac.

Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at the Inside Soap Awards 2018, James admitted: "I've had a lot of mixed reactions [to the storyline]. I think a lot of the fans have felt sympathetic towards Ali, but there's also been a little bit of hatred towards him, which is understandable.

"In the natural real world, people would have mixed emotions – some people would understand that he's done it for his family, others might go, 'Scumbag!' That's just life, isn't it?"

Asked whether he wants Ali to strike again, James replied: "I don't know, it's an interesting one. I don't really want to be the new mass murderer on Corrie, but I'm excited to see what they write for me.

"I'm in the lurch at the moment about it all – I find out in the New Year what's in store, really."

Hit play above for our full video chat with James, as he also teases the arrival of Ronan's mother next week and discusses the happy news that he's going to be a father in real life.

Thread Information