Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Ali Neeson

Coronation Street's Ali Neeson reaches a big decision after Underworld roof collapse

It's time to get back to what he does best.

Coronation Street's Ali Neeson makes a big decision over his future next week, after playing a key role in the aftermath of the Underworld roof collapse.

Ali (James Burrows) will be involved in the dramatic rescue scenes tomorrow as the local community comes together to save the trapped factory workers.

Next week, Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) is full of praise for her son as she credits him for saving lives in the tense situation.

Michelle's kind words are exactly the boost that Ali needs, so he decides that it's time to wave goodbye to the Bistro and head back to work as a doctor again.

Ali appears to have got his life back on track recently, after previously going off the rails following the shock death of Ronan Truman.

The trainee GP killed Ronan to protect his family last autumn and his dark secret is still being kept by Michelle, Ryan and Robert.

Corrie fans will see the fallout from the roof collapse in a dramatic double bill tomorrow evening (March 20).

One character will be killed off in the action-packed episodes, sparking a police investigation and a whodunit mystery with six suspects in the frame.

Coronation Street airs Ali's decision on Wednesday, March 27 at 7.30pm on ITV.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-big-decision/

love how ali could do his hero saving with no hard hat, who did he save? abi was the hero

Well hallelujah!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...act-extension/

Coronation Street lines up bigger storylines for Ali Neeson as James Burrows extends his stay

The actor previously teased leaving the soap.

Coronation Street bosses are promising some bigger storylines for Ali Neeson after extending James Burrows' contract.

According to The Sun, Burrows has been offered an extended contract after he recently revealed he considered quitting the soap.

The publication claims the extension will keep the actor on the cobbles up to at least Christmas, allowing him to film his final scenes with on-screen mum Michelle Connor (Kim Marsh) before she leaves later in the year. In this time, he'll reportedly take part in some bigger, more exciting storylines.

On potentially leaving the soap, Burrows told OK! Magazine last month: "I won't stay for years. There are other roles I'd like to do."

His comments came just a few weeks after his character Ali returned to screens after an extended absence.

Marsh revealed her departure from Corrie back in February, although it will only be a temporary one.

She said: "When I was lucky enough to be offered four episodes I could never in my wildest dreams have thought I'd be here 13 years later.

"It's been an incredibly difficult decision but it feels like the right time for me to explore some other roles."

Coronation Street airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays on ITV.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-04-2019), Ruffed_lemur (13-04-2019), tammyy2j (14-04-2019)

so michelle is around for most of the rest of the year

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so michelle is around for most of the rest of the year

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (13-04-2019), tammyy2j (14-04-2019)

Bit more of Ryan and Ali coming up. I'm hoping Ryan Prescott's safe on the show and James Burrows decides to stay longer than what has already been agreed earlier in the year.

Monday 6th May – Part one

Ryan tells Rita he’s feeling low about life as he used to be a good DJ. Bethany tells him about a club in town looking for a DJ and reveals she put a good word in.

Monday 6th May – Part two

Bethany gives Ryan a box of vinyl and tells him to brush up on his DJing skills. Ali meddles and tells Ryan she must fancy him, no way would she go to that much trouble for just a pal. She suggests Alya hire him as a DJ at the bistro.

Wednesday 8th May – Part one

Ryan gets the gig at Speed Daal and he thanks Bethany for getting it for him. The pair share a flirt and Ryan goes in for the kiss – only for Bethany to recoil in horror. Embarrassed, he brushes it off by asking Alya out instead.

Wednesday 8th May – part two

Bethany manages to get Ryan to the flat, telling him she needs to explain. They chat and they end up heading for the bedroom – but will Ryan come clean about Alya?

Friday 10th May – part one

Alya is upset to see Ryan and Bethany on the street and all loved up, will she tell Bethany what happened? Robert agrees on a lunch date with Michelle but is forced to cancel to go and see suppliers, and she admits to Ali how much she misses him. But as Robert heads off to a hotel for his meeting, he’s shocked by what he sees.

Friday 10th May – part two

Ryan tells Bethany he only asked Alya out because he thought she didn’t want him. Alya offers Ryan a regular DJ spot at the bistro.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/01/10-co...bottom.twitter

me thinks a mass blow out is needed, so many rubbish stories that leave me totally uniterested,now some of these Prima Donna's are leaving, all we need is for some the dead wood male characters to go, thinking, Ryan, Ali, Seb, and I am gutted Robert has quit, he was one of the best in the show, nice strong man with bit of attitude but not cold hearted, and certainly not a wimp like Peter.
    Corra is soooooooooo boring now

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    me thinks a mass blow out is needed, so many rubbish stories that leave me totally uniterested,now some of these Prima Donna's are leaving, all we need is for some the dead wood male characters to go, thinking, Ryan, Ali, Seb, and I am gutted Robert has quit, he was one of the best in the show, nice strong man with bit of attitude but not cold hearted, and certainly not a wimp like Peter.
    Corra is soooooooooo boring now
    Ali and Ryan are far from being dead wood and have so much potential. They are being wasted however whilst the show rams our television sets for more and more Gemma scenes! Frustrating beyond belief. Both Ryan Prescott and James Burrows are under used actors and have great screen presence and does well with what they're given - both the comedy (Bitcoin) and drama (Ronan)

Both Ali and Ryan have a strong set of possible storylines for them if the writers took the time to think what to do with them:
    Bring in Ryan's biologicial parents/Ali's adoptive parents
    Get them relationships
    Show Ali at the hospital working - this worked very well in the late 90s/early 00s with Martin, Todd and Katie.
    Give Ryan a job - preferably the hospital DJ job so he can have more scenes with Ali

Just some ideas.

As for Seb - They have made his character a bit more aggresive this year with the rivalry between him and Gary but in a show that is being dominated by this forced comedy for Gemma and Chesney storyline, I'm more than happy to see Seb on the show continuing what he does. It's only a storyline and I'm sure he'll be written into another storyline after that which will tailor him into the story then too.

I think Peter on a number of occasions has proven that he is not a wimp. Only earlier this year he was seen acting as a father saving Simon in the fire.

I do however agree with you that Coronation Street at the moment is in poor condition. It's turned into the Gemma Show with very little character rotation. Not everyone is getting a chance to screen time. The comedy that Iain Macleod and ITV were clearly aiming for when Kate Oates left is dreadful and needs re-thinking.
    Last edited by rossfan; 04-05-2019 at 00:51.

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post
    Ali and Ryan are far from being dead wood and have so much potential. They are being wasted however whilst the show rams our television sets for more and more Gemma scenes! Frustrating beyond belief. Both Ryan Prescott and James Burrows are under used actors and have great screen presence and does well with what they're given - both the comedy (Bitcoin) and drama (Ronan)

Both Ali and Ryan have a strong set of possible storylines for them if the writers took the time to think what to do with them:
    Get them relationships
    Show Ali at the hospital working - this worked very well in the late 90s/early 00s with Martin, Todd and Katie.
    Give Ryan a job - preferably the hospital DJ job so he can have more scenes with Ali
    I think they could show them in a love triangle with Gemma. Gemma definitely leaves Chesney and is courted by both Ali and Ryan. They could come to blows over it and Seb could step in to save the day and Gemma falls in love with him. Plenty of opportunity there to give Gemma more screen time.

I bet you were well pleased with last night's two episodes, rossfan!

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post

Get them relationships

Just some ideas.

As for Seb - They have made his character a bit more aggresive this year with the rivalry between him and Gary but in a show that is being dominated by this forced comedy for Gemma and Chesney storyline, I'm more than happy to see Seb on the show continuing what he does. It's only a storyline and I'm sure he'll be written into another storyline after that which will tailor him into the story then too.

I think Peter on a number of occasions has proven that he is not a wimp. Only earlier this year he was seen acting as a father saving Simon in the fire.

I do however agree with you that Coronation Street at the moment is in poor condition. It's turned into the Gemma Show with very little character rotation. Not everyone is getting a chance to screen time. The comedy that Iain Macleod and ITV were clearly aiming for when Kate Oates left is dreadful and needs re-thinking.
    Well they are certainly ideas, not so sure I would find them interesting?
    Maybe the bilogical story could work if it was given a twist?
    for instance, a long distance cousin of mine who had been adopted, started seeing a girl and they got on so well, only to find out that they were related, now this could be quite scary??

But no, SEb is just another example (like Gemma) of making a story fit to have these waifs and strays in, Seb is only there for the young lasses to drool over!!

As for Peter every time the pressure gets on, out comes the Whisky, there are men who have had less support and worse sitations and they don't become alcholics, far to much drink, drugs and not enough decent living being shown.

YOur bang on the button with Iain Macleod, can't do comedy, like I said, look back to older "successful" storylines that were actually funny!!
    Last edited by mysangry; 04-05-2019 at 14:14.

Thread Information