Thread: KIRSTY & KANE VANISH

Wink KIRSTY & KANE VANISH

Home and Away's Kirsty & Kane Phillips will leave Summer Bay in a dramatic on-the-run storyline, which has just aired on Australian screens.
    The pair, played by Christie Hayes & Sam Atwell, depart the beach town when the threat of prison looms over Kane, who is wrongly accused of an armed robbery heist that was actually committed by his own father! When evidence mounts against Kane, the pair make the drastic decision to disappear into the night - prepared to spend the rest of their lives on the run from the law!
    "Running away is a really hard decision for Kane and Kirsty to make," says Sam about the episodes which will air in the UK later this year. "The way things turn out, they can't even say goodbye to anyone. Of course, it's going against the law as well - they know they're going to be on the run for the rest of their lives."
    The departure of the popular characters comes after Christie decided to leave at the height of her success in the soap. Sam, determined to give the characters a decent final storyline together, followed the actress' lead and also announced he was quitting - claiming it would be unfair to split the screen couple up. Awww sweet!

I read that Kane may be coming back for reacurring roles but if he does i dont understand how unless they charge his Dad and find Kane not guilty and let him off but surely he will get charged as he missed his trial

This seems like a similar story to the one they did with Vinnie and his dad. Vinnie went to prison for something his dad did.

I am really very surprised this couple have gone the distance, and still can't believe they got together in the first place, it seemed completely unrealistic to me. Kane raped her sister Dani, how has Dani got over that. When I see it now, I see them chatting happily, Dani saying that they make a good couple. That Kane loves Kirsty. How could this happen?! I missed a lot of episodes from the rape thing to the whole wedding with the couple, so I am not sure how it got resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini
    I read that Kane may be coming back for reacurring roles but if he does i dont understand how unless they charge his Dad and find Kane not guilty and let him off but surely he will get charged as he missed his trial
    Well I looked on the Home & Away website and for the story update it showed a picture of a shaven-headed Kane in what looked like a courtroom. Make of that what you will. But it does make sense for both to go, because I can't see Kane straying - even though it is soap, and naturally you expect things to go wrong after a while - but it'd be a waste if something like that were to go wrong. Mainly because the scriptwriters have worked so hard to making both their characters likeable (especially Kane over the last couple of years). I'm starting to wonder how many sutherlands are left now - I guess only in marriage Beth is left. Because Jade's gone, Shelley keeps popping in and out of the show, Max was said to be leaving, Rhys has left and gone off with Shelley (on Aus screens) Kirsty is going - so it makes you wonder who's gonna go next. Coleen, Irene, Alf won't be going yet. There'll be there another 30 years. Anyway, before I wonder off topic anymore I'll leave u on that note.

kane does attend the whole of the trial but when the trial is going really badly even though morag has done her best to defend him. it is the day of the virdict and kane feels his unborn baby kick for the first time and they decide they don't want their child growing up without a father so leave town - just as the viewers see the guilty verdict being read.

cant see kane becoming a recuring character as sam who plays him is now staring in Campus.

you are right there are no 'sutherlands' left in the bay once kirsty leaves (although she is now a phillips anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    I am really very surprised this couple have gone the distance, and still can't believe they got together in the first place, it seemed completely unrealistic to me. Kane raped her sister Dani, how has Dani got over that. When I see it now, I see them chatting happily, Dani saying that they make a good couple. That Kane loves Kirsty. How could this happen?! I missed a lot of episodes from the rape thing to the whole wedding with the couple, so I am not sure how it got resolved.
    I totally agree, I hate it when they just make a character's personality totally different. He was really really bad to start with. Now everyone loves him. Surely being raped is one of the worst things anyone could do to you, its not something you could ever forgive.

Last edited by Meh; 09-03-2005 at 12:10. Reason: Meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by Gino Fellino
    I didn't write that, tell me you weren't thinking about it. Get Coleen in there too, cos I'm not agest

I edited your post Gino.

Read the rules.

I think if you look at the History of Kane it is not that the changed his personallity that much there was allways goodness in him it just took a while and his love for Kirsty to bring it out..Yes he did rape Danni but at the time he did not see what was wrong with this as he was brought up to take what you want and to hell with everyone else.. he had a side to him that we say a glimpse of first when he helped Shauna when his brother Kidnapped him.. and then when he help Tasha again when his brother tried to hurt her..So I dont think they changed his personallity they just expanded what was there and made his better side shine thru.. He had a very very traumatic childhood and he is repenting for it.

Thread Information