Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324
Results 3,231 to 3,238 of 3238

Thread: How Was Your Day? Numero Four-o

That reminds me. We had to do a Psychology experiment on some 6th formers (participants had to be at least 16) so we went into the common room and one of the girls I was in a group with was asking her friends to do it. The participants had to sign a consent form and one didn't really want to do it so she signed her name with a swear word in the middle. Bet you can all guess which one. We had to redo the consent form!

came back from staying at my mums cousins hotel last night. had a good time and the weather was nice so that was good
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    Argh I cannot find a job! Thats whats annoying me most! I went in to a shop today that ahd vacancies but because I';m still in school they said I wouldn't be flexible enough. Blergh. Never mind... I'll keep trying, but I'm actually unemployable!
    i think im unemployable too lol! cos im doing drama we have to have loads of rehearsals and stuff and so i cant commit to working 3 whole days a week which most shops want you to do, even though i tell them ill work all the time whenever im free! its so annoying, its not my fault! hopefully youll get a job soon kirsty
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    Ahh your reminded my Hollie - thanks ! One of the goods things that happened today is that this boy who sits next to me in Business got asked by my Business teacher to help out at the opening evening.. And he was like 'Erm I don't know, they are in like Year 6's right?..' and I started laughing because Sir had only asked him and then he said 'Oh you too' to me.. And then I just stopped laughing & apparently my face fell so hard that my mate started laughing as soon as I stopped.. But yeah.. I said I would do it if he came too.. And I think he's going to help so yeah! I feel so privilaged because only us two got asked .. x

Oh and Hollie.. I think I mostly did my own research on other colleges, school didn't really help but if you ask whoever sorts that thing out or go to the library (which is where I found booklets and application forms for some colleges/6th forms) then yeah! No open day, only if your school have their own 6th form. x
    hehe, that made me laugh!

thankyouu! (: i think i know where i'm going to apply - St Mary's College in Blackburn, as i go to a Catholic High School (although i'm not Catholic myself) i apparently have more chance getting in (:
    sorry to be a pain and keep asking questions, but like, do you apply for more than one college and then say you get accepted into a couple do you decline some or is it like a high school, you put down preferences?
    You can apply to as many places as you like, then take the one you want after you get your results. Someone I know applied for 3 different places because they had different courses and he didn't make a final decision on which subjects he wanted to take until results came out. I think he went somewhere that was doing German in the end; my school aren't running it this year because there weren't enough people who wanted to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    sorry to be a pain and keep asking questions, but like, do you apply for more than one college and then say you get accepted into a couple do you decline some or is it like a high school, you put down preferences?
    No pain! I had no clue either..
    The teachers recommended that we apply min 3 max 5 places. I only applied to one (my sixth form) and really luckily I got it.. x
    Always need a back-up!
    if you look on the colleges websites it should tell you when the open days are, if not phone up and they will be happy to let you know. my school only let us know when their open day was. also im not sure if its different for different parts of the country but we didnt have to do our applications til end of march, schools wouldnt accept people after that but the colleges still did if there were spaces left, my sis decided to leave 6th form after yr12 and finish her alevels at college, she didnt apply til the end of august and got in, although its best to do it earlier just in case! my school told us only to apply to 1, but i applied to 3 different 6th forms, even went to all their taster days and then decided which one i wanted to go to after i got my results. i know that if your predicted grades are the same as what you need to do the subjects then school 6th forms will accept you so you dont really need a backup, not sure how it works with colleges though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (24-09-2008)

Had a horrible day. ): Another trip to the dentist - and i still have to go back. I've never had problems with my teeth until we swapped to this dentist and now he tells me i've holes in the bottom of some of my teeth, he only knew this after my check up and did an x ray.

But i went today for a filling in one of my bottom back teeth and he started getting stuff ready and by this time i was absolutely dreading the needle - which to be honest is the only thing i was worried about - but this time wasn't so bad as he put it in my cheek rather than my actual gum. So all day i've been talking like my tongue's too big for my mouth! But anyways, he started drillig and washing my tooth and i was in agony, he said put your left hand up if you feel any pain and i'm not kidding when i say i nearly flew outta the chair, it hurt sooooo bad. He had to stop and said he'd put this medicine in - something hydroxide - and a temp. dressing until next time when he'd have to either carry on or do root canal or even take the tooth out if i couldn't bear that. It sounds from this like i have really bad teeth which tbh I don't!

I officially HATE the dentist!

So now i'm dreading going back even more!!
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

Yesterday we were set a Psychology report which had to be in today! I stsrted it in my free and we're supposed to have an electronic learning environment so we can download the files and finish work at home.. it wouldn't work. Had to do half of it when I got home without reading back through what I'd written and then piece it together when I got to school. So glad I got it done as the teacher is threatening to chuck the people who didn't off the course!

Today - Dad got a new phone and wanted some ringtones from his old phone onto his new phone. I had to put my SIM card into his old phone so they could be bluetoothed over and I went to put it back in my phone afterwards and it kept saying insert sim. Parents had about 5 attempts between them but it wouldn't work and my dad had to ring 02 and get them to send me a SIM card that would allow me to keep the same number... 3 days!! It's quicker if you're on my contract I don't think it's fair that it's quicker to them, I couldn't be on a contract if I wanted to be. Going to get seriously bored on the bus without my music, none of the people on there speak to me.

Pants day.
    I've seriously lost all interest in school, I just don't understand anything!... apart from RE, but I still struggle in that!
    I can't even write my flipping personal statement grr.
    Then at dinner they were all on about going to the cinema and my one friend (who is extremely annoying and has now suddenly become chummy chummy with us all again now her boyfriends in UNi) was like "awww you should come", I was like " Yeah well for starters I wasn';t even invited and everyones car is full now!... How nice to be asked eh? My other friend didn't either... no-one would even mention it in front of us but I knew something was going on!! Why keep it secret, ughhh my friends act about 2 years old!

Still looking for a job, not going well. Thats another thing that annoyed me!!
    A girl in my year got the cinema job but I completely forgot but she was saying how she had a different interview from somewhere else and she had a trial on Saturday so I congratulated her as you do abd she was like "I don't even want the cinema job anyways!!"... then my other friend came over and was like "don't quit the cinema.. you'll have so many people wanting to throttle you if you do lol" I was like ":O YEAH ME!".
    It jsut winds me up.. why did she go for it if she didn't even want it? It's unfair on the people who really wanta job and are willing to put all their effort and more into it! It jsut winds me up

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post

Still looking for a job, not going well. Thats another thing that annoyed me!!
    A girl in my year got the cinema job but I completely forgot but she was saying how she had a different interview from somewhere else and she had a trial on Saturday so I congratulated her as you do abd she was like "I don't even want the cinema job anyways!!"... then my other friend came over and was like "don't quit the cinema.. you'll have so many people wanting to throttle you if you do lol" I was like ":O YEAH ME!".
    It jsut winds me up.. why did she go for it if she didn't even want it? It's unfair on the people who really wanta job and are willing to put all their effort and more into it! It jsut winds me up
    If she didn't take the job, you could always ring up the cinema and say "Hi, as XXXX hasn't taken up her position as XXXX, would it be possible to be reconsidered for the position?". Might as well make the most of her not taking the position!!

Thread Information