Page 323 of 324 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3238

Thread: How Was Your Day? Numero Four-o

Gahh i hate mondays (n) wayy sucky.
    Except today was okayy because my like bestest friend who i met on the internet a couple of months ago (if that makes sense lol) has invited me to stay at her house for her birthday weekend which is dead exciting! (:

Anyways - random question - college, does your high school give you the information about open days and such? We were told that college apps have to be in pretty quick in the year but we've had no info so far.
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollie-x For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (22-09-2008)

Ahh your reminded my Hollie - thanks ! One of the goods things that happened today is that this boy who sits next to me in Business got asked by my Business teacher to help out at the opening evening.. And he was like 'Erm I don't know, they are in like Year 6's right?..' and I started laughing because Sir had only asked him and then he said 'Oh you too' to me.. And then I just stopped laughing & apparently my face fell so hard that my mate started laughing as soon as I stopped.. But yeah.. I said I would do it if he came too.. And I think he's going to help so yeah! I feel so privilaged because only us two got asked .. x

Oh and Hollie.. I think I mostly did my own research on other colleges, school didn't really help but if you ask whoever sorts that thing out or go to the library (which is where I found booklets and application forms for some colleges/6th forms) then yeah! No open day, only if your school have their own 6th form. x
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 22-09-2008 at 18:58.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to .:SpIcYsPy:. For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (22-09-2008)

My friend's birthday party is from 12 til 5 on Sunday. There's no buses from in town to her place on a Sunday so it'll be about 3 hours on a bus in total and will cost about £10. I have to spend about £20 on presents for her so I don't really have the money for that; any other day I could get there for £2.50 ish. Sunday times are stupid too, 1 bus every 2 hours.

More coursework today, surprise surprise. I did my English homework at lunch as it was only a family tree for the characters in Hamlet so at least that's out the way. More time to concentrate on the rest.

Kim I think you should move

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    Ahh your reminded my Hollie - thanks ! One of the goods things that happened today is that this boy who sits next to me in Business got asked by my Business teacher to help out at the opening evening.. And he was like 'Erm I don't know, they are in like Year 6's right?..' and I started laughing because Sir had only asked him and then he said 'Oh you too' to me.. And then I just stopped laughing & apparently my face fell so hard that my mate started laughing as soon as I stopped.. But yeah.. I said I would do it if he came too.. And I think he's going to help so yeah! I feel so privilaged because only us two got asked .. x

Oh and Hollie.. I think I mostly did my own research on other colleges, school didn't really help but if you ask whoever sorts that thing out or go to the library (which is where I found booklets and application forms for some colleges/6th forms) then yeah! No open day, only if your school have their own 6th form. x
    hehe, that made me laugh!

thankyouu! (: i think i know where i'm going to apply - St Mary's College in Blackburn, as i go to a Catholic High School (although i'm not Catholic myself) i apparently have more chance getting in (:
    sorry to be a pain and keep asking questions, but like, do you apply for more than one college and then say you get accepted into a couple do you decline some or is it like a high school, you put down preferences?
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

Me too, I've been thinking that since I met these girls who live 2 minutes from the school, lol. It's mainly annoying because I live out of town but it's always worse on Sunday. My dad would do it but he isn't free until about 2 because he always goes to golf on Sunday; he wouldn't not go on my 16th so he's not going to not go on my friend's 17th, which is actually the Monday but she put the party on Sunday; she's taking Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Music for A Level so she has a lot of work in the week lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post

hehe, that made me laugh!

thankyouu! (: i think i know where i'm going to apply - St Mary's College in Blackburn, as i go to a Catholic High School (although i'm not Catholic myself) i apparently have more chance getting in (:
    sorry to be a pain and keep asking questions, but like, do you apply for more than one college and then say you get accepted into a couple do you decline some or is it like a high school, you put down preferences?
    You can apply to as many places as you like, then take the one you want after you get your results. Someone I know applied for 3 different places because they had different courses and he didn't make a final decision on which subjects he wanted to take until results came out. I think he went somewhere that was doing German in the end; my school aren't running it this year because there weren't enough people who wanted to take it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (23-09-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    No pain! I had no clue either..
    The teachers recommended that we apply min 3 max 5 places. I only applied to one (my sixth form) and really luckily I got it.. x
    Always need a back-up!
    Last edited by .:SpIcYsPy:.; 22-09-2008 at 22:29.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to .:SpIcYsPy:. For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (23-09-2008)

Yeah, that's a good point. My friend applied to a college which had lower entry requirements for the courses she wanted to do than my school. To do a subject for A Level at my school you needed a B in it, but at the college my friend applied for you only had to get a C for it. 2 of my subjects had no set entry requirements other than 5C's, so I only needed a C in English Language and C in Maths for Psychology and BB in English to do English Literature, so I was pretty confident I'd get that and I only applied for the one place. My friend wasn't so sure of getting a B in Maths so she applied for the college because of that. She got an A in the end so she stayed put but if you're not so confident having a back up is a good idea.
    Last edited by Kim; 22-09-2008 at 22:46.

Bloody cold! I wish it would leave me aloneee!
    Alright day, sat and drank tea in the block with 2 of the girls this morning and just had a chat We ahd chocolate chip cookies and halfway through one my friend said "Oh I really need to go on a diet" and I was just like " S**t I forgot I'm already on mine today!!" So I left the cookies then lol.
    Was a good day thoguh... it was quite relaxed.

Then dancing... oh the joys, not. It's jsut got so bitchy and I don';t like it... 2 of the favourite girls started bitching about one of the other girls singing... then another girl heard (as did I) but she asked them what they;d said and they denied it!! Grr it makes me mad, that's not jsut her voice they're knocking.. it's her confidence and everything she loves doing and there's no need for it.. luckily she didn't hear (but she's a good singer anyways so it's just them beign jealous!!) I was going to say something but I really didn't want to cause a scene, but if anythings said again I'll jsut tell them straight what idiots they're being

Argh I cannot find a job! Thats whats annoying me most! I went in to a shop today that ahd vacancies but because I';m still in school they said I wouldn't be flexible enough. Blergh. Never mind... I'll keep trying, but I'm actually unemployable!

Thread Information