Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail Application

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom

Royal Mail Application

I'm halfway to becoming a Postman

Couldn't believe how easy it is they must be really desperate lol

Very strange way of applying though

Me and my Dad were joking and he said become a postman cracking on with me. We both laughed but it got me thinking so i went on the Royal Mail website and saw the apply now button. Clicked it thinking it'll say send a CV blah blah but instead asked me for my National Insurance number. Before i know it I've put my referees, work history etc... in and was away

Anyway i gets a Email 15 minutes telling me they loved my application and could i do an online assessment. So i did two 15 minute tests and got a email back within 15 minutes again with a date and time for a interview

Within half an hour of joking with my Dad about it i had an interview

Why can't all company's be like that and have easy and simple online applications instead of farting on with CV's etc...

Wow, thats quick.
    As long as you don't mind the really early mornings and legwork then go for it.
    Thanks CrazyLea

The royal mail is a good job to have even for Christmas. I had two friends at college that worked in one of the sorting offices from 5pm to 10pm Monday to Friday and they used to do loads of overtime in the run up to Christmas as they got really good bonuses. I don't know about now but in Scotland if you went for an interview as a postie you had to do a test to do with Post Codes and you had to get so many correct to pass the test. Good luck anyway.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I got discharged from The Army two months ago so I'm used to the early mornings

I've already done all that Chloe i had to sort letters into boxes as quick as i could on that assessment so I've passed all that. Just good to see that you can do all that within 15 minutes online and speeds up the application instead of having to trail backward and forward to screenings and interviews

What regiment was you in?
    (I know I'm going off topic but I've got an obsession with knowing what regiments people are/were in. I'll keep it to the one question )
    Last edited by Abigail; 20-11-2007 at 00:12.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    What regiment was you in?
    (I know I'm going off topic but I've got an obsession with knowing what regiments people are/were in. I'll keep it to the one question )
    Lol i was in The Rifles 5th Battalion if you want to know more about it I'm on MSN or Email me and I'll tell you everything you want to know

I've never considered what a wierd job sorting post is. First its seperated into county/area/town then its sorted into postcodes. Or do they do it all by postcode? I guess they do otherwise the postcode wouldn't be so important and there wouldn't be frank marks saying "remember the postcode" otherwise. Do they still use post trains??
    Hmm, strange.
    Last edited by Abigail; 20-11-2007 at 00:22.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Well on this assessment the first one was based purely on postcode alone

Then on the second one they threw street address in there as well because of some streets being split into two separate postcodes

Got me very confused when i got hallway through the 140 they wanted me to do

Takes a strong mind

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    Do they still use post trains??
    Hmm, strange.
    Nah, they dont use trains anymore sadly.

I think being a postie, would be quite a good job, early starts, but finishes too! Though, I think Im too soft, I hate doing playground duty for 15 mins in the cold, so I guess being out in the cold for a good few hours early in the morning would be my idea of hell! lol

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

I used to live down a street with 6 "blocks," three down each side with an alley between each block. Each block had their own postcode which was wierd considering we all lived on the same street and the house numbers were consequtive.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information