Thread: 'Emmerdale' actress to take year's break

'Emmerdale' actress to take year's break

Long-standing Emmerdale actress Deena Payne is to take a year's break from the ITV soap, it has been confirmed.

The 53-year-old – who plays Viv Hope in the countryside drama – reportedly called an urgent meeting with Exectuive Producer Kathleen Beedles, where she revealed that she needed a rest from the hectic filming schedule.

During her 12-month break, due to begin next summer, Deena plans to spend more time with her family as well as focusing on her charity work. She will, however, return to the soap in 2009.

The actress told the Daily Star: "After 16 years enjoying the part of Viv, I feel ready to take a break to spend some time with my family and be a supportive mother through my son's GCSE year.

"A change is as good as a rest and I'm also looking forward to 'Dancing around the World and Back' as I am a patron of this charity, and then returning to Emmerdale with renewed vigour."

A spokeswoman for the soap added: "Deena's decision to take a break will not affect her on-screen husband Tony Audenshaw, who is contracted for next year."

The news comes within months of Deena's on-screen daughter Adele Silva – who plays Kelly Windosr – announcing a similar 'interlude'.
    Thanks CrazyLea

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Chloe (07-11-2007), tammyy2j (07-11-2007)

Looks like "Dr Viv" maybe touring the States with her book after all then..

I shall miss her, she always makes me laugh. If she does go to America, can you imagine what she will be like when she returns?

I think it is quite good when actresses and actors do this as it enables other storylines to get screen time and whenthey return they are always fresher and you don't get bored or irritated with them.

I used to think Viv was great but i find her storylines so crap nowadays, this book thing is stupid. she was miles better years ago.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Emmerdale Bingo

Am gutted Viv Windsor is having a year out. Anyone tried Emmerdale Bingo on ITV website? Im addicted. Im sometimes wary opening accounts on line but feel safe with ITV

ooo I wonder how she will leave for the year and if anyone is going to go with her
    Last edited by Abbie; 14-12-2007 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfox View Post
    Am gutted Viv Windsor is having a year out. Anyone tried Emmerdale Bingo on ITV website? Im addicted. Im sometimes wary opening accounts on line but feel safe with ITV
    After the phone scam they pulled, are you sure? Keep checking your statements, that is my advice.

Thread Information