View Poll Results: Has Eastenders Recovered From It's Bad Patch?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 52.63%
  • Not Yet, But Give It Time

14 36.84%
  • No

4 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Eastenders Recovered?

Has Eastenders Recovered?

Yes or No? In my opinion it has!

There's such a fantastic cast for them to work with now and so much potential with the characters they currently have. The only dead wood now are the Millers. The new producer has done an amazing job!

Recent additions uch as Ronnie, Roxy, Jack, Jase Shirley and Stephen have added a breath of fresh air to the show. Now every episode is gripping again!

Just putting together all the future storylines and potential storylines brewing, so as we can see how positive the show's future is looking.

Jase's past - which comes out next week, looks like some of the most dramatic scenes this year

Billy & Honey's baby - looks like some good drama ahead there, and more tension between Billy & Honey

The Stax affair fallout - xmas day, this will be dynamyte!

Sean and Tanya - a sizzling affair waiting to happen, can't wait to see this one kick off! Also Sean and Jean's relationship is just getting off the ground and making for interesting viewing!

Ronnie & Jack - Two great characters and actors, look forward to seeing how this develops and the new Jack vs The Mitchells storyline. Also Ronnie has a secret that's going to shatter the Mitchells - intresting!

The Beales - They're been given a whole new lease of life, and now there's all the potential conflict between Ian Jane and Stephen, maybe a future affair also?

The Wicks - Rumoured death of Kevin? Great chance for Diane Parish to shine!

Frank's Funeral - Eastenders gold with the Butcher clan reuniiting, will be emotional and dramatic!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Joanne (06-11-2007)

Totally agree with you BB.. it is fantastic again.. I think from the Stella and May storylines it has gotten better and better..... get solid cast have come in and they have gotten rid of all the dead wood we have complained about so much... well done EE for pulling up its socks and coming back with a fight!!!
    Super Mod

I agree, there are one or two boring episodes but on a whole i think they are doing a great job.

Looking foward to Frank's funeral that should be really good, im sure they will do a fantastic job with it as they are with the rest of the stories

Sig dedicated to Charley

I don't think it's fully recovered yet, but I do think it has improved dramatically!

Some of the storylines you mentioned I am really looking forward to.

For me though, I know I say it all the time, (I'm a moaner ), but I don't like The Mitchells - apart from Billy and Honey. They just bore me now, everything has been done "I'm a Mitchell so I can do it", "I'm a Mitchell - I'm like Superman"... yeah okay WHATEVER! Get rid of Peggy, Phil, Ben, and the new ones, which is a shame cause I think Samantha Janus is a good actress. Get rid of Minty and Hazel, oh and Gary. Then for me (personally), it would get better!

I think it has, new characters which are good and the storylines which are improving and okay not as good as it has been in past years but has improved

i Would say yes.

Eastender has been great Since May said " What may want, May get!! "

Wick going are going some good news, i miss cary.

and the only think left to is
    i Hoping Phil leaves ben with Grant, or has new head and hey need get rid of Keith or least make me fall heather (That would be funny) so he can change.

I agree the turning point for EE was earlier this year with the May and Stella storylines. The Rob/Dawn/May one for me is by far the best storyline this year, although I'm already looking forward to Christmas episodes immensely.

The new additons have been mostly good although I think the Mitchell sisters need a break - far too much airtime for me and I am starting to find them irritating.

The Millers can definately go though - including Dawn.

I agree about the Mitchell sisters. Take tonight for instance. We have been waiting a whole year for some info on the Jean/Sean relationship and there were far too many R/R scenes with Roxy and her car etc.

This year has been a massive improvement on the dreadful 2006 but the show is still not like it used to be and never will be IMO, although lets be honest no soap is nowadays. Most have just turned into watered down versions of what they used to be, pretending they're as good as they always were but deep down we know their not. If we sat down and watched repeats of a load of old soap eps from years ago we'd soon see the difference. EastEnders is still an enjoyable show and I quite like it at the moment but it will never give us groundbreaking storylines like it used to, no soap will. They've all been there, done that, and we've seen it all before. The wow factor has gone with them.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Since I have only been watching EE for 5 yrs,,..I have found some story lines improved,and some story lines that make me cringe.

I would say give it time and it will improve.

Thread Information