Thread: 'Deal Or No Deal' game out this Friday

'Deal Or No Deal' game out this Friday

With regular audiences of up to four million viewers, the cult Channel 4 game show Deal Or No Deal is now ready to launch an official tie-in on Nintendo DS this Friday.

Developed by Mindscape and Koch Media, the game, which uses all of the rules from the TV show, will allow users to utilise the handheld's stylus to select their box and reject those of the 21 computer-controlled contestants as they attempt to win a virtual £250,000 cash prize.

Stefano Petrullo, PR manager for Koch Media, said: “Hosted by Noel Edmonds, Deal Or No Deal has become a centre point of the afternoon TV schedules, with millions of viewers across all ages gripped to the edge of their seats. This universal appeal of Deal Or No Deal and the wide-ranging user base of the Nintendo DS make this partner a perfect fit. The game features all the tension and drama of the TV show, and this Christmas and beyond it’s certain to entertain families as much as the Endemol game show on Channel 4.”

Seen as the show that has resurrected Noel Edmonds' TV career, Deal Or No Deal celebrates its second birthday this month and is now broadcast in over 100 territories worldwide.
    Last edited by Abigail; 05-11-2007 at 12:52.
    Thanks CrazyLea

oooo I would like this game, reminds me of the time we had great fun playing it in here

I have it on my phone and also on DVD, but the DVD is really slow. It's a good thing it's coming out on a game console I think, as then it should be a bit quicker.

So what is the game like then?

I think the phone one is slightly better than the DVD one. You can swap boxes on both, but on the DVD you always have to start with box 5. The phone version has way over the top offers though and I think once I took out like the £75,000 and I was still offered around £24,000. The DVD one will do two player versions which is pretty cool, and you can be the banker for your opponent if you are playing in a certain mode with someone else.

Thread Information