Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollyoaks' actress quits after a year

Hollyoaks' actress quits after a year

Hollyoaks actress Hannah Tointon has quit the Chester-based soap after only one year, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The 19-year-old – who plays Katy Fox in the Channel 4 soap – joined the show in April and featured heavily in the 'Who Pushed Clare?' storyline which saw her character being driven over the edge of a cliff by evil Clare Cunningham (Gemma Bissix).

Her character was also recently involved in a boiler leak plot which subsequently saved a viewer's life.

Speaking of her decision to leave, Hannah – sister to EastEnders' Kara Tointon who plays Dawn Swann – told DS: "I've had such an amazing time at Hollyoaks and I've met so many lovely people.

"It's been brilliant and it's been a really difficult decision to leave. I always said that I'd only do a year and I feel that now is the right time to leave and try something new.

"I'd especially like to thank Bryan Kirkwood and Tony Wood for giving me such great storylines to work on. I'll miss the show and everyone here so much."

Producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "This is a decision which Hannah has come to on her own and I respect her for wanting to move on and try new things.

"She's a lovely young actress who doesn't want to be stuck in one place for too long and I wish her all the very best for the future."

A show source added: "There's quite a big long-running story involving Warren and Louise which bubbles through the early months of next year, so there's a good exit already planned for Katy."

Hannah is due to film her final scenes for the soap in February but will remain on screen until April.

Source: Digital Spy

Personally I'm going to miss her and I thought she was a great addition to the cast. Very disappointed that she's leaving because I almost enjoy all her scenes (except for the ones with John Paul)
    Last edited by instinct; 03-11-2007 at 03:25.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to instinct For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (05-11-2007)

OMG! Things can only get better from here on in!

Wonder if she quit or she knew that they werent going tp renew her contract! lol

I am glad she's left, and Im sure she will have a bright future ahead of her in panto! I do hope its the last we will see of her on our screens though - cause she really cant act for toffee!

Good news, sure she'll find something else to do, no real loss for me
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I did quite like her in the end, its a shame when characters are in it for short periods of time

Thank GOd, maybe they will get a decent new character in the future. Things can only get better. She was awful.

Really, nobody likes her? I'm suprised I thought she was great.

She is stupid for leaving just after a year. She will regret it.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    I know, I mean whats the point of joining if you are going to leave so quick and I know she says that she wants to try new things but if you think about it her Hollyoaks role is still pretty new and under-developed. there is so much more they could do with her character with some creative thinking and writing.

I don't know what she's going to do because all soapstars say they want to try things and end up nowhere. I say stay at the top when your there (well it's as far as she as an actress is going to go, sounds harsh but in most soap actors or actress' cases it's true).

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    I know, I mean whats the point of joining if you are going to leave so quick and I know she says that she wants to try new things but if you think about it her Hollyoaks role is still pretty new and under-developed. there is so much more they could do with her character with some creative thinking and writing.

I don't know what she's going to do because all soapstars say they want to try things and end up nowhere. I say stay at the top when your there (well it's as far as she as an actress is going to go, sounds harsh but in most soap actors or actress' cases it's true).
    Yeah, but is it really a case of her contract wasnt going to get renewed, soooo she got in there first and said she was leaving?

I personally think they should leave it a bit then recast the role, as their is more mileage in it, to someone who can act!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thread Information