Page 13 of 117 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The official shannis spoiler thread

questiom

Hi i was just wondering on the night den died after sharon left do you think she went to find dennis if so do you think she found him and it didnt work thats why he is back?

Quote Originally Posted by angelbule
    Hi i was just wondering on the night den died after sharon left do you think she went to find dennis if so do you think she found him and it didnt work thats why he is back?

I don't think she did because she doesn't know where he is. She could have phoned him but it could be a number of reasons why she didn't.

After discovering the truth about what Den did she is probably too distraught or she may be a bit miffed at Dennis. Afterall, you would think that Sharon is the first person he'd go to if he had the chance but he didn't. Dennis obviously had his reasons but I can imagine that Dennis going AWOL instead of being with her may have hurt her, especially after everything they have been through.

The problem with the whole Shannis thing is that it's been done over and over and over again, and very over done at that. We need to let it lie now.

I think one of the main problems with Eastenders is that the scriptwriters try and please the viewers, who always want the obvious and the easiest things to happen - Kat and Alfie for example. They don't seem to let things work themselves out like other soaps such as Corrie or Emmerdale would.

In a similar way they never let the characters establish themselves. People hated the Ferreiras, so they weren't given any storylines, people said they were more rubbish, and so they get written out. I seem to remember people weren't keen on the Slaters at the beginning either, but they were given a chance to develop with some excellent no-one-saw-that-coming storylines (Trevor and Mo, Mo and the rape, Kat and Zoe, Zoe and Kelly, etc.).

So leave Shannis alone and lets see the writers giving us something new. And I was so sick of Sharon when she left - I actually didn't watch as much while she was on!! It's dull, give Dennis someone new! Or get him and Sam together - the Mitchell's and Watts's unite??...

I think if any downfall of Shannis was down to poor scripts. I really like them together and do see a strong chemistry but ever since the love triangle began, the storyline lost a huge part of its appeal. The story was about Sharon and Dennis's feelings vs the family but then that changed when Zoe got involved and we had Dennis on yo-yo on them both which I couldn't personally stand. It went in circles and even me as a Shannis fan was not happy with the direction of the storyline.

I dont like Sam (another Zoe to me) but I really like Sharon. I wasn't sick of her but I didn't like the way ee turned her more dependant person. I do think its not the end for them though and I feel it would be very unrealistic if we saw both come back to the sqaure, move on and have different partners and be 'siblings'. The way the depth of thier feelings were portrayed throughout the last 18 months and thier final scenes together with the words 'forever', I just can't see them not getting back together. I think that Sharon and Dennis together have a lot of potential, given the right storylnes but pleeeeeese - not another love triangle!
    Last edited by Alisha; 10-05-2005 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
    I don't think she did because she doesn't know where he is. She could have phoned him but it could be a number of reasons why she didn't.

After discovering the truth about what Den did she is probably too distraught or she may be a bit miffed at Dennis. Afterall, you would think that Sharon is the first person he'd go to if he had the chance but he didn't. Dennis obviously had his reasons but I can imagine that Dennis going AWOL instead of being with her may have hurt her, especially after everything they have been through.
    Howdey Alisha! I always love to hear your views I feel you give very effective arguments and points!

I think Dennis had his reasons too! He knows deep down exactly how much Sharon cares for Den. I think he's even a little jealous about that, although he has no reason to be of course. But, he knows that if Sharon found out about Den's part in everything she'd be emotionally hurt so he wants her to believe that he's happy and that he didn't pass her off for nothing!

So obviously right now Sharon's feeling a little let down. Dennis told her repeatedly that he loved her and yet when his choice came he decided to bury his head in the sand even if that meant maybe loosing her forever.

Verity! xxxxx

Hi Verity,

Thanks for the compliment

I think your theory of why Dennis didn't return to Sharon when he did sounds very plausable. Dennis loves Sharon but knows just how much Sharon loves her dad so by not revealing all, he is spareing her the pain.
    Last edited by Alisha; 15-03-2005 at 18:06.

Hey darling, I don't believe in saying things if they're not true!

That's exactly what I meant! I'm not very good at explaining things so I hope you got the point! Spareing the pain, makes him sound like some kind of saint! Tee hee!

Verity! xxxxxx

I agree with your theory it wasnt sharon i was sick of it was zoe her constant whining at dennis was doing my head in and saying i love him i dont think she knows the concept of love other wise she wouldnt of done what she did ?

That whole opinion was perfect until you added a question mark at the end. It's like you're questioning yourself! I am sick and tired of Zoe. Tee hee I loved today's line

Zoe: Sometimes it's just not meant to be!

That made me laugh so so much! I replied with a "yeah so why didnt you take the hint"

Then it flashed to Bill and Pat and Bill said he was more of a dog person himself and my father said "yeah so was Dennis" calling our dearly beloved Sharon a bitch! Grrrrrr!

Verity! xxxxxxx

Didnt you think Johnney's wife looks like Frankie from Corrie or Shell Dockley from Bad girls or Debra Stephenson, dependign on how you think of her??

Yeah for an moment it did i am waiting for chrissie and jake to get together and hope sharon comes back soon because dennis back soon?

Thread Information