Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a Celebrity 2007 - General Discussion

One of my favourite reality programs and November 12th isnt tat long to wait really

'I'm A Celeb' site hit by poison scare

From DS

The jungle site which ITV plans to use for the new series of I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! has been hit by a poison scare.

Dungay Creek in New South Wales, which runs through the stars' jungle camp, has been contaminated by a toxic insecticide. Department of Environment and Climate Change officials have warned locals to stay away from the water and banned fishing and swimming.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "It's a nightmare. No one saw this kind of problem coming our way."

An ITV spokeswoman said: "Dungay Creek runs through the land where I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! is filmed. Investigations are still ongoing. The show will be going ahead as planned. We cannot comment further until the outcome of these investigations is available."

The reality show returns to screens next month.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Married couple for next 'I'm A Celeb'

I'm A Celebrity producers are signing up a married couple for the new series.

According to a report in the Daily Star, ITV chiefs are planning to put former footballer and radio host Jason Cundy into the jungle with his wife Lizzie, who works as a model.

The pair were previously considered for this year's Celebrity Big Brother, but plans to recruit them for the house were scrapped when Jade Goody and her family signed up.

A spokesman confirmed the rumours to the newspaper, asking: "How on Earth did you hear about this?"

An insider added: "Everyone thinks it's a great idea. A couple like Lizzie and Jason would be perfect. She's strikingly attractive and Jason's a great laugh."

Producers previously recruited Nancy Sorrell and her husband Vic Reeves for the show's fourth series in 2004.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Osbourne not returning to 'Celeb' spin-off

Kelly Osbourne has confirmed that she will not be presenting ITV2's I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here Now! this year.

The 22-year-old singer and reality TV star travelled to Australia to host the I'm A Celebrity spin-off last year, but she suffered from homesickness and was criticised for her "wooden" on-screen delivery.

"I was only 22 and this was my first presenter's job," Kelly told the Daily Star. "I don't expect to be asked back. I'll miss the backstage gossip but I won't miss the spiders."

Osbourne will make her West End debut in Chicago next month.

BUT

I’m A Celebrity… winner Matt Willis is to present ITV2’s coverage of the new series with fiancée Emma Griffiths.

The pair will host the nightly spin-off I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here…NOW! from Australia, while Mark Durden-Smith will front the UK segment of the show.

Last year's presenter Kelly Osbourne recently confirmed that she would not be returning to the jungle.

Willis said: “I’m still getting over the shock of winning last year and it will be awesome to go back and be a part of the presenting team. It’s a fantastic show and I feel really lucky to be involved in it for a second year.”

Griffiths said: “I have been a huge fan of I’m A Celebrity... since it began, so I’m really excited to be presenting the show. I can’t wait.”

Durden-Smith added: “I am very excited to be catching my fourth dose of virulent jungle fever and looking forward to watching the erotic sparks fly between ITV2's very own Richard and Judy, Matt and Emma.

“The studio in London will be heaving with friends and family of the victims, sorry, celebrities and I can't wait to open the debating chamber to find out who we love, who we lust after and who we think smells the most!”

I won't be tuning in to the extra bit, I really can't stand Mark Durden Smith.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I never really watch the extra bits so I didnt know what Kelly was like

Ant and Dec want Cowell for 'I'm A Celeb'

Ant and Dec have revealed that they want Simon Cowell to appear on the next series of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!.

The acid-tongued X Factor judge is said to be furious that Ant McPartlin and Dec Donelly are now paid twice as much as him after signing a £40 million deal with ITV.

However, McPartlin devised a way for Cowell to improve his earning potential, saying: "I'll be having a word with the producers about getting Simon out to Australia this year for the show. He clearly needs to give his career a boost.

"Now that we're getting paid more than him, Simon needs to up his profiile. He'd be great in the jungle, but I reckon the snakes would be more scared of him than he would be of them."

Imagine Simon in the jungle
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I never really watch the extra bits so I didnt know what Kelly was like
    I watched some of it. She kept forgetting her lines and looking at the wrong camera. I think she has the potential to be a good presenter, she just needs more confidence.
    Thanks CrazyLea

'I'm a Celebrity get Me Out of Here' Fans needed!

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Now! The new series of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here is just around the corner. Back here in London, we'll be discussing our celebrities out in the Australian jungle and we're looking for fans of the show to come along and take part in this exciting studio show on ITV 2. If you are over 18 years old and free for a few hours one evening between Monday November 12th and Friday November 30th, we'd like to hear from you. We're looking for charismatic people who are fans of the show, have strong opinions, bubbly personalities and are not afraid to speak up. If you are interested please apply now!

To apply to this show by text message*, send: BOS 2283 plus your application info (max 150 characters) to 60999

EG send: BOS 2283 We'd be perfect for this show because our garden really needs some work done on it to 60999. Your phone number will automatically be included with your application.

Login/Register to apply to 'I'm a Celebrity get Me Out of Here' Fans needed! through the site http://www.beonscreen.com/uk/user/ad...pay_select.asp
    Thanks CrazyLea

Marsh signed for 'I'm A Celebrity...'?

Ex-footballer Rodney Marsh has reportedly signed to appear in the new series of I'm A Celebrity....

According to The Sun, Marsh has been lined up to appear in the jungle later this month.

A source commented: "We’re hoping for fireworks."

Marsh is expected to join former Hollyoaks actress Gemma Atkinson, '80s popstar Jeffrey Daniel and Right Said Fred singer Richard Fairbrass.

The ex-England star, who was sacked by Sky for making an offensive joke on air, was rumoured to appear in the reality show once before in 2005.
    Thanks CrazyLea

'I'm A Celeb' site given the all-clear

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    From DS

The jungle site which ITV plans to use for the new series of I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! has been hit by a poison scare.

Dungay Creek in New South Wales, which runs through the stars' jungle camp, has been contaminated by a toxic insecticide. Department of Environment and Climate Change officials have warned locals to stay away from the water and banned fishing and swimming.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "It's a nightmare. No one saw this kind of problem coming our way."

An ITV spokeswoman said: "Dungay Creek runs through the land where I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! is filmed. Investigations are still ongoing. The show will be going ahead as planned. We cannot comment further until the outcome of these investigations is available."

The reality show returns to screens next month.
    ITV's I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! jungle camp has been given the all-clear following an investigation from environmental health officers.

Producers feared that the celebrities would be banned from swimming and fishing after Dungay Creek, which runs through the camp, was hit by a poison scare.

However, Department of Environment and Climate Change officials have now given ITV assurances that the site is safe, allowing the celebrities to enjoy the water.

A spokesman told the Daily Star Sunday: "The show will be carrying on as planned and we are confident the water where the celebrities wash and bathe is safe."

The show kicks off later this month.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information