Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale at 35

Emmerdale at 35

Happy birthday!

What were your memories of it, old and new?

Two words - KIM TATE. Need I say anymore?
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Yeh my main memories are of Kim Tate and some of the dingle stuff

Well im only watching since 2003 but my best episode would be Zoe Tate blowing up home-farm. Wish she'd come back as Perdy's long lost sister/cousin. Has anyone seen how much Leah Bracknell and Georgia Slowe look like each other??

It's mad!!

I remember the early days with life in the dales being quiet that the idea of excitment came from the old rougue Seth poaching on home farm and everyone gathering round Annie Sugdens table for tea.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Did jack have a some other children - a boy (did he get shot?) and a girl - what happened to her? They never mention her do they?

He had a son Jackie he was married to Kathy, I think he had a sister but I don't think she was Jack's. Jackie died after a shooting accident.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

That was about 1989. I think the gun accidentally exploded in Jackie Merrick's hand while hunting.

Jack's first wife was killed in a car crash too, just like his brother Joe. The first episode was Jack's dad's funeral.

My first memories was Tubby Turner who was in those days a nasty womanising, corrupt, drunk old toff. How things change! Also remember Jack the ladies man, Joe and Annie, Seth, Dolly and Matt Skilbeck, along with the Woolpack with Amos and Mr Wilks running the show.

Giving away your age there but you have got a good memeory.

The first episode of Emmerdale I ever saw ended with Kim Tate sort of coming on to Chris and then saying 'you make me really...SICK!' or something similar. I had no idea who these people were but it obviously made an impression on me, must have been over 10 years ago.

Other early memories include the Dingles, Zoe's lesbian wedding and the Frank/Dave/Kim triangle. I remember being confused about why Chris was in a wheelchair (I was too young to remember the plane crash and they never mentioned it on screen) and how Kathy was related to the Tates.

Oh I also remember Frank Tate's funeral with Kim coming back and Zak singing 'The ballad of Frank Tate' which included the lyrics 'You tried to evict us/the cops came and nicked us'
    Last edited by notagain; 22-10-2007 at 22:23.

Thread Information